What’s your embarkation drink of choice?

CruzerDeb

OK, it is the free bubbly they hand out as you board. It might not taste wonderful but it is simply symbolic of boarding! I always love this Celebrity tradition.

Once on board on hot cruises it is a pina colada on colder cruises a courvoisier once I can convince the bar staff not to drown it in ice.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, chemmo said:

OK, it is the free bubbly they hand out as you board. It might not taste wonderful but it is simply symbolic of boarding! I always love this Celebrity tradition.

Once on board on hot cruises it is a pina colada on colder cruises a courvoisier once I can convince the bar staff not to drown it in ice.

They give you a complimentary glass of champagne? Sign me up! 

24 minutes ago, CruzerDeb said:

They give you a complimentary glass of champagne? Sign me up! 

When we boarded Equinox in November (our first cruise back since March, 2020) they didn't do the welcome aboard drinks (probably due to the new protocols). 

Edited by Luvcrusn

I bypass the champagne being passed on trays at embarkation and head to the Martini bar or Retreat (depending on cruise) and get the best available champagne.    After reading the thread a couple of month ago about favorite Celebrity drinks I now have a list to choose from as to what my second drink will be!  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

When we boarded Equinox in November (our first cruise back since March, 2020) they didn't do the welcome aboard drinks (probably due to the new protocols). 

They still do not do the welcome aboard drink. I got home 2 days ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our first drink after stepping on board is always a glass of champagne. After that, it depends on our mood and the weather. For me, it's often an Aperol Spritz or Mojito or, on Princess, a Beverly Hills Iced Tea (although we've found some bartenders on X who will make them, as well). 🙂 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CruzerDeb said:

Do you have a “go to” drink once you’re finally onboard? My favorite on Carnival (don’t judge 😜) is the Fun Ship Special. 

First Celebrity cruise in 3 days!

Anything with alcohol

• Haha 1

It's usually a glass of champagne or something bubbly.  Either it's what we open in the room or what's served at lunch.  If it's not that, then it's usually a Bloody Mary (which is the way we start off any trip--for luck, y'know).

• Like 1

On S-class ships it's a martini from the Martini bar.  It is tradition.  My most recent cruise,  I went with the Fresca Martini 🍉.   I also write my name in the ice, ship name and date and take a picture. 😉

I will miss the iced top Martini Bar on the Beyond.  Will decide if the Martini Bar will be our first stop or start a new tradition just for that ship. 😉 Decisions. Decisions. 😉

🍹

20211008_140026.thumb.jpg.7acef842a5d998d86514efbc64d55072.jpg

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

It's usually a glass of champagne or something bubbly.  Either it's what we open in the room or what's served at lunch.  If it's not that, then it's usually a Bloody Mary (which is the way we start off any trip--for luck, y'know).

I've had the bloody already at the pre cruise hotel..  🙂