What kind of help can my husband get for his problems chewing

finny2

My sweet man has had to have several teeth (molars) taken out and until he can get implants he will have trouble chewing. Our cruise is just a couple weeks away. I’ve read about people asking for and getting special diets, has anyone ever had to ask for “soft” food? He’s being a champ about this and doesn’t want to cancel (mostly I think because he knows how much I have been looking forward to it) but I want him to be able to enjoy his food.

• Like 1

I would contact the Special Needs department and discuss the issue with him.  I am sure you will not be the first person with a similar problem.   I'm sure the restaurant manager will also work with you and find meal alternatives that are both tasty and presented nicely. 

Form is available at:  https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/CEL-Special-Needs-Form-Revised-062221.pdf 

Or call at number below.

ACCESS
Special_needs@celebrity.com
1 866 592 7225
Monday Friday 9 AM to 6 PM
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, Fl. 33123
ATTN: Access Department

• Like 9

When we cruised with our 9 month old granddaughter - we were given the next night’s menu and chose what good  we wanted for her. The kitchen staff puréed it or prepared it how her parents wanted it. They will  be happy to accommodate your husband. 

• Like 2

Agree to letting special needs know in advance.

Not only will the MDR prearrange meals with you the speciality restaurants will do too. If you drop by the day before you intend to visit they will look at the menu with you and modify or offer alternatives.

A few ago years ago we met a couple where the lady had recently had gastric surgery and needed ‘soft’ choices. She could not praise Celebrity enough for the efforts they had made to ensure she had appropriate food. She had boarded expecting to resort to soup for every starter, mash with something ‘sloppy’ for mains and a bowl of custard or ice cream for dessert. She disembarked feeling she had really enjoyed her dining experiences despite her difficulties.

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise.

• Like 4

I have not had my back teeth, upper and lower for years. I can tell you from experience I have no issues eating steak or anything else for that matter. I got a bridge for the missig back teeth but never feel the need to use it. Have him eat normally prior to the cruise. He will get used to chewing with the teeth he has in no time.