I'm beginning to understand there's a method to your....

hllwdcruiser

On 2/26/2022 at 7:05 AM, Tonsoffun44 said:

I don't - I clearly said we've never had one on any of our sailings yet. 

One of the benefits of cruising is getting to see new sights and trying things you have never experienced!  You owe it to yourself to go to tea on your next trip.  (and go hungry!)  

My best friend had never been to tea and went just to appease his wife, but he thoroughly enjoyed it!  It is still one of the highlights of his trip!  (He tried One of Everything, and then made sure that he had more of what he liked, and there wasnt much he didnt like!!)

1 minute ago, sirclean said:

One of the benefits of cruising is getting to see new sights and trying things you have never experienced!  You owe it to yourself to go to tea on your next trip.  (and go hungry!)  

My best friend had never been to tea and went just to appease his wife, but he thoroughly enjoyed it!  It is still one of the highlights of his trip!  (He tried One of Everything, and then made sure that he had more of what he liked, and there wasnt much he didnt like!!)

Seen it on youtube - looks interesting and plan on trying it - however we'll do the free one NOT the extra cost one. Highly doubt we need to actually go hungry more likely a "I could eat" type situation from what we've seen on the videos. 

I really appreciate this topic.  We've never sailed Princess before so I don't have a good feel for the evening entertainment.  We are cruising with our teens so, at first, I was thinking we should have an early dinner with them and then we can all see the first show.  But I have no idea what the times are for shows typically so its frustrating.  

I'm tempted to cancel all the early reservations I've made for each evening's dinner but the thought of having no set plans gives me anxiety!  LOL. 

We like before dinner cocktails.  Usually eat around 7-8.

I didn't realize you need to make a reservation for dinner.  I assumed you just show up and wait or get seated or get a pager and go into the bar for another cocktail.

40 minutes ago, SFO-F/A said:

I didn't realize you need to make a reservation for dinner.  I assumed you just show up and wait or get seated or get a pager and go into the bar for another cocktail.

There is absolutely no need to reserve a table in advance, although judging by the number of posts on the subject you can imagine it is compulsory! 

We just turn up when we feel like eating (as do many others).  Usually there is no delay, especially if you are prepared to share a table, but in the worse case scenario you may need to have a drink in a bar for 20 minutes so - not exactly a hardship! 

7 hours ago, Mahalo_mama said:

I'm tempted to cancel all the early reservations I've made for each evening's dinner but the thought of having no set plans gives me anxiety!  LOL. 

Why not keep the reservation you have?

You can always cancel using the app or cabin TV on board any day you do not want to use the reservation.

You can have it both ways, enjoying the reservation you have or cancelling to avoid being a no show.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SFO-F/A said:

Before Dining My Way (DMW), there were to choices: Traditional fixed-time dining or Anytime dining when you showed up when you wanted.

DMW is trying to have both plus allowing the option to have a reservation for different times on different days.

If you like Traditional, just book the same time in the same dining room for all evenings. The only drawback from the past is that in the past Princess would automatically set the Traditional times to coordinate with Princess Theater show times. With DMW you will not know what times the shows will be when you make your pre-cruise DMW reservation.

If you like Anytime and just want to continue to show up when you are hungry, just continue to do that.

If you like Anytime but know what different  time(s) you would like to eat, you can book the times you want in advance or try to do on the ship. I say "try" because the time you want on a day might not be available anymore.

18 minutes ago, caribill said:

If you like Anytime but know what different  time(s) you would like to eat, you can book the times you want in advance or try to do on the ship. I say "try" because the time you want on a day might not be available anymore.

I think the point was that SFO did not want to reserve any times at all - exactly the same as our position - and there is absolutely no need to faff around with reservations, either well in advance, or on the day. 

We have a pre-dinner drink or two, and go and eat when we feel like it - and there is no way we know when that time will be even on the same afternoon, let alone months in advance.

Until this thread appeared, I never realised how important it was to have dining reservations booked two years in advance !

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

I think the point was that SFO did not want to reserve any times at all - exactly the same as our position - and there is absolutely no need to faff around with reservations, either well in advance, or on the day. 

Which is why I also had said:

If you like Anytime and just want to continue to show up when you are hungry, just continue to do that.

15 hours ago, Mahalo_mama said:

I really appreciate this topic.  We've never sailed Princess before so I don't have a good feel for the evening entertainment.  We are cruising with our teens so, at first, I was thinking we should have an early dinner with them and then we can all see the first show.  But I have no idea what the times are for shows typically so its frustrating.  

I am only responding for the 2 post pandemic cruises I was on. The Princess Theater shows were 7:30 & 9. If you eat at 6 you can make 1st show w/o any problem

• Like 1