Cayman Replacement

Hawkstar33

Crystal ball time.   Anybody know of a way to find out where we will be going, instead of Cayman?   Our Eq cruise is 3/25, and Cayman was the replacement a while back, for Bonaire.  Bimini has been showing up lately. Nassau is already one of our stops, as is Aruba, and Curacao.   

Edited by Hawkstar33

We were on the Feb 11th sailing.  Grand Cayman was first replaced with Falmouth, Jamaica then that was cancelled and we went to Bimini, then the next day we headed to Nassau before returning to Ft Lauderdale.  We loved Bimini - gorgeous beach day!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Crystal ball time.   Anybody know of a way to find out where we will be going, instead of Cayman?   Our Eq cruise is 3/25, and Cayman was the replacement a while back, for Bonaire.  Bimini has been showing up lately. Nassau is already one of our stops, as is Aruba, and Curacao.   

I’m on this cruise.  According to cruise mapper we are in Jamaica that day.  Don’t know how reliable it is.

Bonnie

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawkstar33 said:

Just returned from the 2/11 EQ sailing.  It started out as an ABC cruise (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao).   Long ago Grand Cayman replaced Bonaire.  Then Falmouth, Jamaica replaced GC.  The night before the Jamaica port call the captain announced that we were going to Bimini instead.  The cruise director mentioned on his morning news show on channel 2, that Jamaica wouldn’t let us off the ship unless every passenger was administered a covid test  We had 1 case in isolation which may have complicated things.

BTW Bimini was beautiful.  We took an X excursion ($40) to a Hilton resort for a beach/pool day.  An open air free shuttle could take passengers around the island. It was a nice day.  It wasn't Bonaire but a very p!easant surprise.

Mary

• Like 1

Our March 27 W Caribbean Edge sailing includes Grand Cayman.

Right now on the Celebrity Excursions calendar, GC has been replaced with a Sea Day and the following day (a Sea Day) shows Bimini. Then we return to Florida. (Itinerary already includes Nassau.)

Cruise Timetable and Cruise Mapper show this same change - no idea what the source of this change would be, since the original itinerary still shows Grand Cayman.

Current GC exclusion ends 2/28 - hopefully on Tuesday the itinerary will become more clear.

Edited by MarKay525

10 hours ago, MarKay525 said:

Right now on the Celebrity Excursions calendar, GC has been replaced with a Sea Day and the following day (a Sea Day) shows Bimini. Then we return to Florida. (Itinerary already includes Nassau.)

Cruise Timetable and Cruise Mapper show this same change - no idea what the source of this change would be, since the original itinerary still shows Grand Cayman.

Current GC exclusion ends 2/28 - hopefully on Tuesday the itinerary will become more clear.

We exit Equinox as you exit Edge, on 4/3. Then we are jumping on the shuttle, going down the pier, and will be taking Edge on the other 7nt itinerary that they are on.  Kinda back to back

We are going on the April 16th Apex cruise and our GC excursion was canceled yesterday. After some of you replied that Costa Maya was a replacement for you, I tried to find a port schedule and two that I found state that the Apex will be there on April 18th, which is currently a sea day so I’m thinking perhaps we will get an update soon marking GC as a sea day and CM being added to the itinerary but on a different day. 

12 hours ago, MarKay525 said:

How does one see the Excursions Calendar?

We are on the 3/4 Equinox cruise (1 week from today!) and our itinerary still shows Grand Cayman.  We only have 3 other ports (ABC) on a nine night cruise so I'd be surprised if we added another sea day..  but are still waiting to find out what will happen..

Grand Cayman was dropped from the shore excursions page a few weeks ago..   now it just shows the 3 ABC islands

Not a happy situation for those who like to plan ahead... especially if you are wanting to plan non-ship sponsored excursions..

I am secretly hoping they add Labadee but highly doubt it...

Edited by Gaynors
add text

23 minutes ago, Hickeyclan1 said:

How does one see the Excursions Calendar?

On the web, log into your reservation - go into manage reservation then scroll down and click on shore excursions on the shore excursions page there is a box that says ports or days (can't remember which) it should show you when the port days are.   You can look at the shore excursions by individual day or more than one or all days, just check the boxes

3 hours ago, Gaynors said:

We are on the 3/4 Equinox cruise (1 week from today!) and our itinerary still shows Grand Cayman.  We only have 3 other ports (ABC) on a nine night cruise so I'd be surprised if we added another sea day..  but are still waiting to find out what will happen..

Grand Cayman was dropped from the shore excursions page a few weeks ago..   now it just shows the 3 ABC islands

Not a happy situation for those who like to plan ahead... especially if you are wanting to plan non-ship sponsored excursions..

I am secretly hoping they add Labadee but highly doubt it...

Don't be too surprised if a sea day is added. They did that for us on a Connie cruise in January that already had many sea days. And no celebrity ship has been substituting Labadee that I've heard. I am sailing 3/4 and no word yet on GC or Cartagena which also did not let us dock.

3/28 Silhouette ABC cruise no longer has Grand Cayman as a port option for shore excursions- currently showing a sea day, although the purchasing page for the cruise is still showing GC. We'll see if something else gets substituted.

48 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Don't be too surprised if a sea day is added. They did that for us on a Connie cruise in January that already had many sea days. And no celebrity ship has been substituting Labadee that I've heard. I am sailing 3/4 and no word yet on GC or Cartagena which also did not let us dock.

Correction- I am sailing 3/7.  Grand Cayman no longer showing on the shore excursion listing, but neither does it show a sea day - just nothing.  Very frustrating.  There are already 4 sea days on this 11 day cruise and I am hoping that they don't just add another one.  I checked the port schedules of various other options that have been substituted and none of them show my ship.  Ugh!  It's just over a week away - they should be able to tell us what the heck is going on.  We also are supposed to go to Cartagena and that was cancelled on us in January so wondering if that is still a go as well.  I know some of this changes at the last minute, but they have to have some idea at this point what we are doing I would think!

1 hour ago, Gaynors said:

Found out, finally, we are going to Nassau instead of Grand Cayman. ☹️ Only place it's showing so far is on the app.  No email or other notification received from celebrity.

We are on March 28 sailing.  Still shows GC

15 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Correction- I am sailing 3/7.  Grand Cayman no longer showing on the shore excursion listing, but neither does it show a sea day - just nothing.  Very frustrating.  There are already 4 sea days on this 11 day cruise and I am hoping that they don't just add another one.  I checked the port schedules of various other options that have been substituted and none of them show my ship.  Ugh!  It's just over a week away - they should be able to tell us what the heck is going on.  We also are supposed to go to Cartagena and that was cancelled on us in January so wondering if that is still a go as well.  I know some of this changes at the last minute, but they have to have some idea at this point what we are doing I would think!

Our Key West stop was changed last minute to Nassau.  Grand Cayman shifted to Costa Maya.  Seems to me that the only guarantee ports are in Mexico and Belize.

1 hour ago, Mark.Jules said:

I found this link on the Cayman board, and feel it adds to our discussion https://www.caymancompass.com/2022/02/25/cruise-ships-to-return-from-march-21/ 

Some ships may be able to return on March 21.

Good news, although we are sailing too soon to take advantage of this.  Maybe next time