Cayman Replacement

Hawkstar33

2 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Good news, although we are sailing too soon to take advantage of this.  Maybe next time

I read it and it adds up to not much. Half volume (who gets in???) but as also says the protocols to dock and disembark remain unresolved. When they decide that , then issue a release Caymsns.

Sure, it's a little more reassuring to know when you'll be where and it would be nice to be able to have excursions and dinner plans locked in, but let's face it... that's not in the cards right now.  Those who absolutely cannot get out of compulsive planner mode (my usual modus operandi, but one I've been able to shake off since Covid) may have a more satisfying and relaxing vacation if they plan a vacation doing something other than cruising these days. 

After having multiple cruises and timeshare vacations cancelled the last few years, we plan to just relax and enjoy our upcoming "surprise Caribbean cruise" on the Equinox starting on March 25th.  The itinerary has already changed since we booked and we know more changes are coming, but we feel that it's kind of pointless to stress about something over which we have no control and which can change over and over again, right up to the last moment.  So, round and round and round it goes... where it stops, nobody knows!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Vagabond Knight said:

Sure, it's a little more reassuring to know when you'll be where and it would be nice to be able to have excursions and dinner plans locked in, but let's face it... that's not in the cards right now.  Those who absolutely cannot get out of compulsive planner mode (my usual modus operandi, but one I've been able to shake off since Covid) may have a more satisfying and relaxing vacation if they plan a vacation doing something other than cruising these days. 

After having multiple cruises and timeshare vacations cancelled the last few years, we plan to just relax and enjoy our upcoming "surprise Caribbean cruise" on the Equinox starting on March 25th.  The itinerary has already changed since we booked and we know more changes are coming, but we feel that it's kind of pointless to stress about something over which we have no control and which can change over and over again, right up to the last moment.  So, round and round and round it goes... where it stops, nobody knows!

Well said; I agree 100%

On 2/26/2022 at 5:15 PM, Vagabond Knight said:

See you on board

On 2/25/2022 at 4:34 PM, vms said:

3/28 Silhouette ABC cruise no longer has Grand Cayman as a port option for shore excursions- currently showing a sea day, although the purchasing page for the cruise is still showing GC. We'll see if something else gets substituted.

As of today, the Silhouette 3/28 itinerary is replacing Grand Cayman with Bimini but on 4/7 instead of 4/6.  

Mike in Ohio

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, blueboro said:

Key West just replaced Grand Cayman on Our 3/7 Constellation cruise.  Anyone know if we dock at Mallory Square or Navy Pier?

Neither. You'll be at Pier B.

Edited by hrhdhd