Changed from 2 days to 3 days prior for covid test

curlybelle2

@Italy52You’ll have to wait and see. As it stands today you’d need to take your test on 6/16. Changes are expected to be announced on (or around) 3/1 which may change the testing to 3 days for PCR and 2 days for antigen. So if this is in place in June you could take a PCR test on 6/15 or an antigen on 6/16. That being said since your cruise isn’t until June it’s possible there will be further changes as we get closer to June. So as my TA tells me….remember the “F” word….flexibility.

Edited by KLM3164
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

So, if I am sailing on June 18th, I can take my test on June 15th?  If so, this would be good news for us as we are doing a pre-cruise in Vancouver and didn't want to have to take another test to board the ship.

The webinar said that the rules for cruises that start in Canada have not been set up yet.

These rules will follow Canadian guidelines and regulations.

So at this point, there is no way to know:

a) What the testing requirements, if any, will be to enter Canada for your vacation before the cruise

b) What the Canadian testing requirements, if any, will be to check in for the cruise.

However, before boarding the ship you will pass through USA customs, so rules for entering the USA and then boarding a ship may then be applied. Nobody knows what those rules will be at that time.

• Thanks 2

MissP,

two day is great for those of you that live close to port but for the people that are flying in, it makes it very inconvenient.    If you have a flight early two days prior, you have no time to do it at home and if you arrive in the evening, that leaves the day before the cruise.   Some people have tried to get appointments in Fll but they have been booked up.   That leaves a very stressful day before you board.    NOT a fun way to start a vacation!!!!

So they should not leave it at 2 days!!!

28 minutes ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

That leaves a very stressful day before you board.    NOT a fun way to start a vacation!!!!

2 days is the CDC recommendation for antigen testing.

What Princess should really do is provide no-cost or low-cost testing at the port before checking in for the cruise.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

it is just me, or does anyone else thinks it’s unsurprising that even this has gotten screwed up?

Certainly not surprising to me…my experience has been worse since promoting the CCL chief experience and innovation officer who leads the MC development to Princess president. They’ve been touting the MC system for over 5 years & yet it’s still a work in progress…so frustrating. 😳

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Certainly not surprising to me…my experience has been worse since promoting the CCL chief experience and innovation officer who leads the MC development to Princess president. They’ve been touting the MC system for over 5 years & yet it’s still a work in progress…so frustrating. 😳

Yesterday, my travel summary stated 3 days for testing, and today it says two days. Wow, Princess is giving such mix messages to the passengers.  Not surprising but very disappointing! (Mar 10th sailing)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

two day is great for those of you that live close to port but for the people that are flying in, it makes it very inconvenient.    If you have a flight early two days prior, you have no time to do it at home and

We’ve had no problems getting tested and we don’t live near a port and have to fly to cruise. We recently flew from CA to FL 2 days before our cruise. We used the at home Binax tests (which our insurance reimburses us for) and tested before getting on our flight. Yes it was very early in the morning when we did the test but it was very convenient and it took the inconvenience out of having to find a testing location near the FL port. I used to stress about finding a testing location but now that I have test kits at home I don’t worry. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

MissP,

two day is great for those of you that live close to port but for the people that are flying in, it makes it very inconvenient.    If you have a flight early two days prior, you have no time to do it at home and if you arrive in the evening, that leaves the day before the cruise.   Some people have tried to get appointments in Fll but they have been booked up.   That leaves a very stressful day before you board.    NOT a fun way to start a vacation!!!!

I fully agree but they should just have it the same for everyone.

Having 2 days for some people & 3 days for the others just leads to mistakes. 

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I fully agree but they should just have it the same for everyone.

Having 2 days for some people & 3 days for the others just leads to mistakes. 

It really is the same for everyone.

Everyone gets to chose what type test they want to have. If someone chooses PCR which usually requires more time to process, they can pick 3 days. If someone chooses antigen, they can pick 2 days.

Everyone has that choice. Nobody is required to pick one over the other.

• Like 1