Sky Suite Snacks

Mimiya11

15 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Yes,that's what we ate too,lol. The Tuna was tasty too. Oh,we also split an Almond croissant we took this morning from Al Bacio. Yum,yum. Now off to my afternoon gym session followed by sometime in the sauna. 

Oh my those croissants!!!   

6 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

When we were on the Constellation, Michael's Club had these wonderful little treats to have with our drinks.  It was amazing what the kitchen would put together.  Has anyone seen that recently?

They were served on Reflection in December.  Love those little finger sandwiches .. had a seconds of those and skipped on the sweet treats. 

16 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

They were served on Reflection in December.  Love those little finger sandwiches .. had a seconds of those and skipped on the sweet treats. 

Only problem us those are served early in the afternoon. Canapes only 5-7pm. After that no snacks of any kind available in Michael's Club.

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Only problem us those are served early in the afternoon. Canapes only 5-7pm. After that no snacks of any kind available in Michael's Club.

Unless I am mistake, it's always been that way on S-Class.  

Anytime we have wanted anything after supper we have gone to Cafe al Bacio or the OVC. 

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Unless I am mistake, it's always been that way on S-Class.  

Anytime we have wanted anything after supper we have gone to Cafe al Bacio or the OVC. 

I think that's why I welcome the new Retreat Lounge concept which treats the space as a lounge vs a bar,which for some is precisely why they don't like the new concept. But as I've said before and it applies even more on the S class ships there's some many bar spaces one can go to if that's what you want. The concept of a Retreat lounge is closer in concept to Royal's Diamond and Conceige Lounges. The Concierge Lounge on Royal's Quantum Class ships is very similar in concept and execution. It's an amazing space to spend time in all hours of the day. No bar whatsoever, but various couches and seating arrangements, big windows with amazing aft views,and food and beverages served throughout the day. Beats Michael's Club set-up hands down.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/anthem-of-the-seas-706/concierge-club-409445/concierge-club--v67736

Edited by kwokpot

I understand and appreciate the concept of the Edge class Retreat.  We enjoyed our time on Edge pre-COVID but I did miss the concept of the private bar that we experience on the S-class.  

Keep in mind that my wife and I are creatures of habit and as such have dinner around 6:30 pm every night and have a rule that we do not eat after 8 pm.  We do occasionally make an exception on a cruise and grab a 'midnight snack' but I do not think we have ever done it more than twice on any cruise and that was a 14-day cruise iirc.  

My next sailing will be on a revolutionized S-Class so I am looking forward to some new experiences, especially having heard so many positive, as well as negative, comments about the revolutionized Retreat Lounge.  

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Day 3 afternoon's canapes for Sky Suites.

PXL_20220228_234146543.jpg

Thanks for posting pics while cruising.  I asked the other day if canapés were the same as Concierge and Aqua and it seemed more No's but clearly they are served, at least on some ships.  Sometimes the canapés are good and other times, not so much. 😉 

Enjoy your cruise!

🍹

• Thanks 1

With so much food on the ship- we typically told the butler no snacks- that was over two years ago. Our next cruise is in ten days.

You can always order room service or bring on board wrapped snacks.  People who need additional food sometimes get food from the buffet or cafe al Bacio and bring back to their cabin/suite.  Since we typically eat dinner at six- we don't need any more food!  Trying to get rid of my covid 15!  lol

Edited by Cruise a holic

11 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I understand and appreciate the concept of the Edge class Retreat.  We enjoyed our time on Edge pre-COVID but I did miss the concept of the private bar that we experience on the S-class.  

I too feel that this was a major misstep on Edge's design. Though I think this has been resolved on Apex and Beyond.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RichYak said:

I too feel that this was a major misstep on Edge's design. Though I think this has been resolved on Apex and Beyond.

Just to be clear the bar in the Retreat Lounge is a small setup WITHOUT stools and isn't meant for you to linger at. While you can certainly stand there and have a drink you certainly can't sit at the bar and I'm not sure why you would want to just stand there when there's sofas and chairs five feet away. The bar is probably less than ten feet long and functions more like a service bar for the staff.

21 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Just to be clear the bar in the Retreat Lounge is a small setup WITHOUT stools and isn't meant for you to linger at. While you can certainly stand there and have a drink you certainly can't sit at the bar and I'm not sure why you would want to just stand there when there's sofas and chairs five feet away. The bar is probably less than ten feet long and functions more like a service bar for the staff.

It's a social thing. I met, and enjoyed the company of, far more people in Summit's Retreat Lounge than I did on Edge. That bar made all the difference. Particularly late evenings, when it turned into a party. People DID linger.

Edge's Retreat Lounge was a letdown as it seemed designed for antisocial people. In late evenings, it turned into a mortuary. We ended up at the Sunset Bar on Edge most of the time due to this.

1 minute ago, RichYak said:

It's a social thing. I met, and enjoyed the company of, far more people in Summit's Retreat Lounge than I did on Edge. That bar made all the difference. Particularly late evenings, when it turned into a party. People DID linger.

Edge's Retreat Lounge was a letdown as it seemed designed for antisocial people. In late evenings, it turned into a mortuary. We ended up at the Sunset Bar on Edge most of the time due to this.

antisocial, mortuary = drama class 101

During our recent back-to-back, we asked our PRH to bring tortilla chips with guacamole and salsa each afternoon during week one and a charcuterie plate during week two.  Rozita eagerly fulfilled our wish each day.  It was just another example of the super level of service and hospitality we experienced on Celebrity Edge!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Love it!  NCL's version of the retreat had a bar.  If you were seated at the bar, full service!  If not, it was a wait and drinks not poured correctly, usually by wait staff that may not know the drink.  Celebrity did it first class.  We were so sorry we were not on Celebrity but wanted to try NCL.  Mistake.

31 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

Love it!  NCL's version of the retreat had a bar.  If you were seated at the bar, full service!  If not, it was a wait and drinks not poured correctly, usually by wait staff that may not know the drink.  Celebrity did it first class.  We were so sorry we were not on Celebrity but wanted to try NCL.  Mistake.

Yes you can speak to the bartender and watch him make your drink. Now with sailings less than 50% occupancy there won't be a bartender there the whole time,hell be circulating around the lounge.

Here's a Cruise Critic video of the Retreat Lounge on the Apex. At the 50 sec. mark you'll see the quick 2 second shot of the bar.

https://youtu.be/citc_FYyJxM

Edited by kwokpot

1 hour ago, JahHaus said:

During our recent back-to-back, we asked our PRH to bring tortilla chips with guacamole and salsa each afternoon during week one and a charcuterie plate during week two.  Rozita eagerly fulfilled our wish each day.  It was just another example of the super level of service and hospitality we experienced on Celebrity Edge!

You had salsa?   On the Equinox last August and being from Texas, I love salsa on my omelets and eggs for breakfast. My fantastic PRH tried to find some for me, he checked in every kitchen, the closest he got was some chopped peppers and onions, but no salsa. I gave up and put Tabasco sauce on my morning eggs.

5 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Day four canapes for Sky Suites 9n the Reflection. 

PXL_20220301_191041069.jpg

This is interesting since I have only since this selection while in Aqua class cabins. Did you specifically ask for this? Last week we asked for a small cheese plate and received this 

5C01E137-E0BC-4BFD-8FBE-4EB7180BDDAA.jpeg

C643A817-2F24-4296-A9A1-EAC59BFAA690.jpeg

2 hours ago, Martini Queenie said:

This is interesting since I have only since this selection while in Aqua class cabins. Did you specifically ask for this? Last week we asked for a small cheese plate and received this 

5C01E137-E0BC-4BFD-8FBE-4EB7180BDDAA.jpeg

C643A817-2F24-4296-A9A1-EAC59BFAA690.jpeg

Looks like you're in an E Class ship? No, we didn't ask for any specific canapes but we didn't refuse them either. Seems like different ships do different things.

7 hours ago, kwokpot said:

A you talking about on the Edge or another ship. 

When we sailed the Edge in 2020 there was no bar.  There was a snack serving area and a coffee service with some sodas in a cooler beneath it.  When we asked for a drink the wait staff would go through a door behind the snack area and later come back with our drinks.

5 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Yes you can speak to the bartender and watch him make your drink. Now with sailings less than 50% occupancy there won't be a bartender there the whole time,hell be circulating around the lounge.

Here's a Cruise Critic video of the Retreat Lounge on the Apex. At the 50 sec. mark you'll see the quick 2 second shot of the bar.

https://youtu.be/citc_FYyJxM

There is not bar like that on Edge, or at least there was not in February, 2020. 

Like @Momma Rene I like chatting with the bartender and fellow cruisers at the bar.  The Retreat Lounge is a quiet place where I can do that comfortably.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

There is not bar like that on Edge, or at least there was not in February, 2020. 

Like @Momma Rene I like chatting with the bartender and fellow cruisers at the bar.  The Retreat Lounge is a quiet place where I can do that comfortably.  

The bar I'm talking about is on the Apex. You had mentioned the the absence of a bar in the Retreat Lounge on the Edge will be remedied on the Apex,Beyond and Ascent and I responded by tempering expectations since the bar isn't like the ones on the S-Class  Michael's Club. To reiterate it's a small bar more akin to a service bar without seating. Here is a screenshot from my phone of a YouTube video of the bar in the Retreat Lounge on the Apex. 

Screenshot_20220301-224315.png

Edited by kwokpot