A couple of Indy questions.

smeck

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

I xheckened out and had it done at the port.  Results in under an hour.  

I posted this on another thread.  The lady in the terminal was telling people to mask up and said that they will still be required in the terminal 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 3:19 PM, HicksRA said:

My thoughts on the Indy suite lounge are that it’s pretty much like all the other SLs. Nadja is a wonderful concierge and the drink servers were awesome. 

We are traveling with our 7 yr old granddaughter in a OS in March.  When we booked we were told by the RCCI agent that booked us that she could go into the SL as long as she is with us.  However, the website says that you must be 18 +.  I justified the purchase of the OS based on the SL access, but if the agent was incorrect (lol, that would never happen!) it would be frustrating.  Do you know if kids (if well behaved) are allowed in the SL on Indy?

On 2/25/2022 at 2:07 PM, molly361 said:

I posted this on another thread.  The lady in the terminal was telling people to mask up and said that they will still be required in the terminal 

I suspect that will end in March unless the Feds renew the regulation for public transportation and terminals.

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I suspect that will end in March unless the Feds renew the regulation for public transportation and terminals.

That would be nice but Royal really should change the wording on their website that masks "should" be worn in the terminal.  There are going to be lots of folks showing up without them.  

Masks are optional at our private destinations, Perfect Day at CocoCay and Labadee. At public ports of call, guests should follow all local mask regulations. Masks should also be worn at the cruise terminal during the boarding and screening process, as well as during disembarkation. Guests under 2 do not have to wear a mask at any time.

Edited by molly361

8 hours ago, beachluver9 said:

We are traveling with our 7 yr old granddaughter in a OS in March.  When we booked we were told by the RCCI agent that booked us that she could go into the SL as long as she is with us.  However, the website says that you must be 18 +.  I justified the purchase of the OS based on the SL access, but if the agent was incorrect (lol, that would never happen!) it would be frustrating.  Do you know if kids (if well behaved) are allowed in the SL on Indy?

I’ve never seen kids disallowed in the suite lounge. Should be no problem at all. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, beachluver9 said:

Kids are allowed in the suite lounge during continental breakfast, but are not supposed to be there during happy hour.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-dining/suite-lounge

That being said, our 15 year old went into the suite lounge with us during happy hour every night at the beginning of February (he enjoyed his bottle of water).  I originally wasn’t going to bring him but there were 2 younger children in there the first night.  The day after meeting Junior (the concierge), DS was hungry during the continental breakfast and went in by himself to get croissants and a coffee for DH.  They only had 2 croissants, so Junior gave him those and then called room service to have more delivered to our stateroom.  

DS also didn’t have a problem going into the suite lounge by himself to grab croissants in September on Oasis.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the info everyone.   We aren't looking to necessarily hang out in the SL with her (she would be bored to tears),  we just don't want to have to take turns walking in to grab some water, tea, glass of wine, etc.  It sounds like we will just wait and see what the  "climate"  is like in the lounge during this cruise.  I imagine one cranky soul complaining and then we will be standing in hall taking turns going in.  

We cruised on the Indy in January, and we only hung out in the suite lounge once. Just our opinion, but the appetizers weren't very good - the cheese was quite strange - and it wasn't really our type of crowd (mostly older, higher C&A tier folks). However, we were very pleased with the service we received from the concierge and liked the outdoor suite lounge area. If you're in a suite, you should most definitely check it out - it's part of the perks, after all! 😊 Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jkaczanowski said:

Kids are allowed in the suite lounge during continental breakfast, but are not supposed to be there during happy hour.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-dining/suite-lounge

That being said, our 15 year old went into the suite lounge with us during happy hour every night at the beginning of February (he enjoyed his bottle of water).  I originally wasn’t going to bring him but there were 2 younger children in there the first night.  The day after meeting Junior (the concierge), DS was hungry during the continental breakfast and went in by himself to get croissants and a coffee for DH.  They only had 2 croissants, so Junior gave him those and then called room service to have more delivered to our stateroom.  

DS also didn’t have a problem going into the suite lounge by himself to grab croissants in September on Oasis.  

Junior was Diamond Lounge concierge when we were on in Sept. He and Nadja switch back and forth from DL to SL. He’s an excellent concierge as well. We very much enjoyed both.