Drawers in the DV and V cabins (again)

kcpvwill

A friend asked me about drawer space in the DV and V cabins.  I know there were 3 drawers added in the wardrobe on the later ships and can’t remember when this was done.  I know this has been posted before, probably by Peregrina, but I can’t find it.  Am I right in thinking that only Star and Sea don’t have the extra drawers.  

2 hours ago, kcpvwill said:

A friend asked me about drawer space in the DV and V cabins.  I know there were 3 drawers added in the wardrobe on the later ships and can’t remember when this was done.  I know this has been posted before, probably by Peregrina, but I can’t find it.  Am I right in thinking that only Star and Sea don’t have the extra drawers.  

That is correct.  The Sky was fitted with them just last Fall.

3 hours ago, StuLaurie said:

I think I read the SEA does not have the drawers in the closet. Is this is still the case?

As of December 2021, it did not.  It has been cruising since then, so there would not have been any opportunity to add drawers.

Several CC members have posted photos of a collapsible shelf unit that they used in the closet as a replacement for more drawers.

Edited by JeriGail
Forgot information

17 hours ago, kcpvwill said:

probably by Peregrina, but I can’t find it

I don't think she can either. It is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Besides which, it would be stale information at this point. Better to get updates from folks who have been these ships in the past few months.

Star, Sea and Sky are the only ships that were built without drawers in the closet.

We were on Sky July, 2021. No drawers at that time.

Star is doing the World Cruise and I believe that she was refit with the extra drawers before the World Cruise began.

I don't know about the Sea.

My gut says that changing the drawers on Sea and Sky is low priority after the huge cash drain of the hiatus.

9 hours ago, JeriGail said:

As of December 2021, it did not.  It has been cruising since then, so there would not have been any opportunity to add drawers.

Several CC members have posted photos of a collapsible shelf unit that they used in the closet as a replacement for more drawers.

We usually book PV staterooms so storage is never an issue for us.  Does anyone else question why one would be carting hangers and shelf units on a luxury cruise?  

16 minutes ago, Australia08 said:

Does anyone else question why one would be carting hangers and shelf units on a luxury cruise?

I don't. Each to his own. Whatever makes them happy. My vacation, my money, my choice.

However, I do question the hangers because your steward will give you as many hangers as you want.

9 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

However, I do question the hangers because your steward will give you as many hangers as you want.

Wire hangers take up less room in the closet than do wooden ones.  On a long cruise, that does matter.  For 7 days or so, not much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonlion said:

BTW, on the Venus, there are also three (somewhat shallow) drawers next to the bathroom and under the coffee maker.  We removed the hairdryer and other stuff from drawers, and used them to store our clothes.  

They are standard on all of the ships -- and the reason that more drawers were added to all builds after Star, Sea and Sky.  That whole bay of shelves and drawers is for our use. Some people ask the steward to remove the coffeemaker etc. so that they can also use that shelf for storage as well.

They are a bit shallow. One trip I had trouble closing one of those drawers. When I reached in back behind the drawer, I found a lovely rhinestone studded bra. I felt so sorry for the guest who left it behind; I wonder if she ever figured out that she left it on the ship -- or did Viking ship it back to her when I turned it to Guest Services?

Okay, I was wrong! I thought I heard that the drawers had been added to the DV cabins for the World Cruise. My apologies.

If this is the photo that Jeri was referring to, then Viking has not reconfigured the closets on the Star to add three more drawers. What you see here are two sets of hanging shelves that the occupant of the cabin has suspended from the hanging rail. If the closet had been reconfigured, you would not see the shelf above the hanging rail and you would see three drawers on the floor of the closet with a hanging rail above them where the shelf is in the picture.

AVvXsEjUJg846dCeptFB41XLyxnHpeDACSdHh7JP

The drawers in the DV cabins add an enormous addition!  We have been in both.  I probably would not book a DV or V cabin fro cruise longer than 7 -10 days...you can only do so much wash or compromise so much  packing.   BUT then some of you will tell me you packed in a carry on for 3 weeks!  I tried but failed.  We are currently cruising for 55 days; going from VERY warm to yucky, rainy maybe some snow and we tried valiantly to do one suitcase /pp..so we had to do 3! BOO for us.

• Like 1