Dancing on board

Pookill17

My DH and I are sailing on Allure in April. This is his first cruise and my last one was 2015. He would like to know if there are places to dance on board. Not young people dancing but somewhere to enjoy a cocktail and do some slow dancing. Any thoughts?

My husband and I enjoy ballroom dancing and have found a place to do this type of dancing (foxtrot, waltz, tango, etc. ) is very lacking on the Oasis class ships.  Boleros has Latin style music which can be fun but the dance floor is small and can get really crowded.  Sometimes there is slow rock music in Dazzles, but again, small, often crowded floor.  

We hardly ever dance on Oasis class ships.

Sherri🙂

Dazzles usually has different bands playing, the pub on the promenade usually has a guitar player, other bars have piano players, plus the house/ship band plays on the promenade at times. If the music moves you, feel free to dance.

We also love to listen to a live band, and would like to do some dancing...but seems all the venues lately have become way too loud.  Even poor DH, who is mostly deaf, has to take out his hearing aids due to extreme volume they seem to think we all need, and it's still too loud for him.  😮  

Odyssey a few weeks ago was one of the worst.  All the music everywhere was way too loud.  

1 hour ago, Pookill17 said:

My DH and I are sailing on Allure in April. This is his first cruise and my last one was 2015. He would like to know if there are places to dance on board. Not young people dancing but somewhere to enjoy a cocktail and do some slow dancing. Any thoughts?

Best ballroom dancing I've experienced is on Celebrity.  Allure has Boleros which plays Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, Cha Cha, Rumba and Bolero music.  If you dance any of these you'll be fine in Boleros. (Rumba and Bolero are slow dances) For the smooth ballroom dances such as waltz, foxtrot, tango, etc. there might be a venue offering music you can dance to but the dancers are typically at Boleros. Dazzles plays music to dance East Coast and West Coast Swing but those aren't slow dances. Have fun and dance like no one is watching!   

Dazzles is your best bet. They play a lot of pop music thru the ages (DJ and house band). On our cruises on this class ship it wasn't techno club music. Also check out deck 4... maybe you'll find some music you like in Jazz or Blaze or whatever venues are there these days. 

Edited by royalcruz

36 minutes ago, Pookill17 said:

Dazzles was my thought also and he lives Jazz too.  And he definitely will stop anywhere and dance when the mood strikes!  

Dazzles bands toss in a slow dance song or two every hour or so.  Most of the music would be more fast paced with a lot of rock and pop classics depending on the night and theme of the night.  On many prior cruises there is often a couple or two that like to do more ball room type dancing throughout the sets.  Point being, you can dance how you want to many of the songs and there will be others dancing during much of the time. So you won’t stick out like if you got up and danced at the Pub (not that anyone would care if you did).  To me, Dazzles is your best option in Allure.  It is also a great physical space to enjoy.  The wife and I love spending a few evenings in there on a cruise.  

favorite memories of the lounges that we frequented before dinner for a drink and live music listening.  The authur murray advanced course graduates would completely take over the dance floor and do those moves that they had perfected...they would literally knock folks off of the dance floor so that they could do all of the steps that they had paid to learn..When i think about maybe  they are not my favorite memories.

Oasis class ships. I see ppl dancing to big band jazz in the Royal promenade, Latin music in Bolero's. Jazz music in Jazz on 4 clubs. Dazzle/Music Hall also have bands where you can dance. Lot's of places to dance. Wife and I love to dance.

You can dance wherever you feel like it as long as you aren't blocking a walkway. My wife and I have danced in almost every bar or club on Allure and Oasis. Some of the clubs have dance floor areas, but if they don't you can move a table and dance to the music. Don't be surprised if other people join you since many people don't want to be the "first ones" to do it. Have a great time!

• Like 2

We've been known to dance in elevator lobbies if the music from Centrum was played at the right time.

Latin Dream, playing in Bolero's on Enchantment, were fabulous.  Every set had a whole range of tempos and styles.

• Like 2

I was really disappointed with the dancing on Allure. I'd planned on dancing at Dazzles every night but it was closed for a private function for most of the time. The one night it was open, they did play some cha cha's, but there was a toddler wandering around the dance floor and it was hard to figure out where they were going to go, especially since they are so short. We did do some hustle in the main promenade, but the cobble stones aren't ideal for that.