Where to Get Coffee Americano on the Rotterdam?

JHUNTGOLF

I’ll be on the Rotterdam’s April 3, 2022, sailing.  This is my first Holland America cruise in decades.  From what I can see, the Explorations Cafe on Deck 12 forward is where I would go to get coffee Americano.  I’ll be in an aft balcony on Deck 5–about as far away from the Explorations Cafe as you could possibly get. I’m used to Celebrity’s ships that have Cafe Al Bacio on deck 4 or 5 midship.  Since I’m the designated coffee “getter bringer backer” to the cabin, is there anywhere else on the ship that’s closer where I can get an Americano?

John

You can get ship coffee in Lido pretty much above you. You can order to have coffee delivered to your cabin in morning. If you want specialty coffees than Exploration is main option. Dutch Cafe also has some options.

Not sure what you categorize Americano coffee as but if you just want early coffee room service works.

If your in a Neptune Suite you also have in room coffee maker and a great coffee machine in Neptune Lounge.

Hope this answers your question.

I am not sure what "Coffee Americano" is.  Is that just a regular cup of coffee that you might order with breakfast or after dinner in the dining room?  I have never been charged for coffee with my meal on either HAL or Princess, but I just ask for coffee, not Coffee Americano.  Is that something special?

Coffee (Cafe) Americano is half-espresso-half-hot-water. It is what I get my mom from an Espresso-only coffee counter!

@JHUNTGOLF -- I would say that the Grand Dutch Cafe Midships Deck 3

is your best bet. Figure out if Cappucino, Cafe Latte, or Rotterdam Drip Coffee best suits your crowd's taste. 

Edited by crystalspin

Thanks for the quick responses back.  I’ll first try the Grand Dutch Cafe.  If they don’t have Americano, I’ll make the trek to deck 12 forward.  After all, my wife can’t start her day without that first Americano in bed!!!  Guess I’ll also bring the Yeti cups to put the coffee in to keep it hot for the journey back to the cabin.  From what I understand, the Signature Beverage Package will cover the $3.50 cost for a large Americano, correct?

John

2 hours ago, JHUNTGOLF said:

Thanks for the quick responses back.  I’ll first try the Grand Dutch Cafe.  If they don’t have Americano, I’ll make the trek to deck 12 forward.  After all, my wife can’t start her day without that first Americano in bed!!!  Guess I’ll also bring the Yeti cups to put the coffee in to keep it hot for the journey back to the cabin.  From what I understand, the Signature Beverage Package will cover the $3.50 cost for a large Americano, correct?

John

Yes, the SBP covers coffee.  If you are getting 2 coffees (one for you and one for her, best to take both key cards so each one is charged and you don’t risk going over your SBP limit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Yes, the SBP covers coffee.  If you are getting 2 coffees (one for you and one for her, best to take both key cards so each one is charged and you don’t risk going over your SBP limit.

Thanks, this is the same as Celebrity—one card needed for each drink.  

John

11 hours ago, JHUNTGOLF said:

John

Grand Dutch Cafe has your Americano, just ask.  Good idea to bring your Yeti cups for the coffee.  It is really hot on your journey back to your room!

3 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

Grand Dutch Cafe has your Americano, just ask.  Good idea to bring your Yeti cups for the coffee.  It is really hot on your journey back to your room!

Thanks, I’ll check out the Grand Dutch Cafe!!!

John