What happens when a guest who paid with FCC is a no-show?

My husband & I each have an FCC from a cancelled cruise and will be applying them to a September cruise in a few months when final payment is due. The total of the 2 FCC’s covers all but about $600 of the final payment and the balance will be charged on our credit card. My question is, what if he later decides not to go (elderly parent issue), but I still go, solo? If he’s a no-show at the terminal, do I have to hand them my credit card to pay the amount from his FCC?  

If this is a risk, is there a better way to handle this? I don’t suppose his FCC can be transferred to me, could it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Secretlyfi said:

My husband & I each have an FCC from a cancelled cruise and will be applying them to a September cruise in a few months when final payment is due. The total of the 2 FCC’s covers all but about $600 of the final payment and the balance will be charged on our credit card. My question is, what if he later decides not to go (elderly parent issue), but I still go, solo? If he’s a no-show at the terminal, do I have to hand them my credit card to pay the amount from his FCC?  

If this is a risk, is there a better way to handle this? I don’t suppose his FCC can be transferred to me, could it?

You will still be charged the full fare even if he is a no show. Sometimes my DH is a no show and all I get back are the port fees and taxes from his part.

5 minutes ago, Coralc said:

You won't have to pay, but it will be lost. 

Why wouldn’t she have to pay? Wouldn’t the cruise already be paid in full before sailing? 

Edited by ReneeFLL

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

Why wouldn’t she have to pay? Wouldn’t the cruise already be paid in full before sailing? 

It would be paid in full before she sails. They are not going to charge her extra because a FCC for her husband was applied before the sailing. I'm pretty sure that they are not going to say at the port, that you owe more if he is a no show. They have their money. :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

It would be paid in full before she sails. They are not going to charge her extra because a FCC for her husband was applied before the sailing. I'm pretty sure that they are not going to say at the port, that you owe more if he is a no show. They have their money. :classic_smile:

I thought it would be paid by final payment date as usual.  I wasn’t sure why she was asking about paying the amount from his FCC as it already would have been paid. I thought maybe she thought she would get back some money since he was a no show at the terminal. At least she will get double points. 😀

If he’s a no-show at the terminal, do I have to hand them my credit card to pay the amount from his FCC? “

17 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

If he’s a no-show at the terminal, do I have to hand them my credit card to pay the amount from his FCC? “

And that is a misinterpretation of what she originally posted. The cruise is paid for, what I meant by "lost" is that they are not getting the $600 (FCC) back. :classic_smile: But they will not charge the spouse if he is a no show.  I sometimes wonder if I am obtuse, or you are blonde. :classic_biggrin::classic_tongue:

Edited by Coralc

The husband's portion of the fare was paid with an FCC in his name, and the wife's fare was paid with an FCC in her name. 

The question is, if he is a no-show, will his part of the fare remain paid with his FCC, or will they unapply his FCC (since he is not there) and require her to pay the single supplement?

We know what we think the answer should be and what we'd like it to be, but so far nobody with actual experience has said what actually happened to them in this same situation. 

• Like 3

FCC can now be shared to other guests on a reservation. 

You'll get a refund of taxes and port fees for a guest that is a no show along with any prepaid gratuity or items like pre-purchased beverage packages for the guest that doesn't make the cruise.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, twangster said:

FCC can now be shared to other guests on a reservation. 

You'll get a refund of taxes and port fees for a guest that is a no show along with any prepaid gratuity or items like pre-purchased beverage packages for the guest that doesn't make the cruise.

So if the second person with FCC can’t make it and the fare is fully paid, would that person’s FCC remain applied if another person took that spot? 

Just now, easyqueasy said:

So if the second person with FCC can’t make it and the fare is fully paid, would that person’s FCC remain applied if another person took that spot? 

That is venturing away from a no show at the terminal.  At the terminal it's too late to change the guests booked on the reservation.