Zenith back in the Retreat

cruising teacher

I don't know how many other Zeniths have met Andrea Shey, but we met her.  She was onboard the Summit and attended our Z bridge event or whatever it is called.  

And @cruising teacher I also  may have met you.  In 2019 we were on the Eclipse on a B2B2B from Buenos Aires to Vancouver, and I wonder if you were also on at least two of those legs.

7 minutes ago, cruising teacher said:

I seem to remember that you met her and liked her. However I do not remember her ever doing anything to benefit CC members.

I did meet her and liked her. At the time I observed that she was not independent. The CEO hired her and was in control. The previous Loyalty Director learned a hard lesson when she advocated too much for benefits for loyalty. 

Edited by Orator

5 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

I don't know how many other Zeniths have met Andrea Shey, but we met her.  She was onboard the Summit and attended our Z bridge event or whatever it is called.  

And @cruising teacher I also  may have met you.  In 2019 we were on the Eclipse on a B2B2B from Buenos Aires to Vancouver, and I wonder if you were also on at least two of those legs.

Checked my log and don’t think that I was on that itinerary. Hopefully we will meet soon😎as we both cruise a lot🚢

4 hours ago, verizon said:

Of what I read it is NOT only we lost the Retreat.we will  lost the flexible Check In time and the use  embarkation lounge in coming future.

It clearly tell us they don't care you with us or not.

I will complete my Zenith FREE cruise with them and decide from there..

BTW we lost our FREE drink package as a Zenith member.What they offered is a discount since AI is the only option now to book a cruise.

Have Zeniths also the Premium Beverage Package?

8 minutes ago, Orator said:

I did meet her and liked her. T the time I observed that she was not independent. The CEO hired her and was in control. The previous Loyalty Director learned a hard lesson when she advocated too much for benefits for loyalty. 

Well then what is the point? If you are not going to advocate for CC members save the money and eliminate the position. Happy cruising to you🚢

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruising teacher said:

Well then what is the point? If you are not going to advocate for CC members save the money and eliminate the position. Happy cruising to you🚢

Some CEO’s need someone to throw under the bus and deflect responsibility.

I most certainly will enjoy my future cruises whatever the line. I wish you the same!

4 minutes ago, Orator said:

Some CEO’s need someone to throw under the bus and deflect responsibility.

I most certainly will enjoy my future cruises whatever the line. I wish you the same!

We wish you the same. Although we really wish that we were joining you on another Celelebrity cruise. Good times🚢

5 hours ago, verizon said:

BTW we lost our FREE drink package as a Zenith member.What they offered is a discount since AI is the only option now to book a cruise.

1 hour ago, goofysmom99 said:

To already have to pay for double gratuities, double wifi, double premium drinks for a suite, and then still get another premium package and wifi for being zenith seems a little over the top for my situation.

Dont understand what you mean about Zenith's free drink package is now considered a discount?

and double everything for suites??? plus being zenith means triple everything?

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

plus being zenith means triple everything?

If I book a suite solo.  Technically, that's 3 drink packages, 2 gratuities, and 3 wifis, but they only provide 2.  I earned zenith the hard way, beginning back in 1993.  A 7-night cruise was worth 1 point.  At the conversion, that equated to 30 points.  You got an extra point for longer cruise and one for a suite.  My 15 night CS equated to 3 whole points, or 90 conversion points.  That cabin as a solo today would have been worth 360 points.  It was a veeerrry slow go for long-time solo cruisers until double points was instituted but we always have paid double from the git-go.

• Like 2

I read on these pages when someone needs help the advice is 'call Captains Club'.  Zeniths have something very valuable - access to someone who can try to help you. Has anyone tried?  I can think of lots of things to ask for help, but the most obvious for frequent cruisers right now is an extension of FCC expiration dates. 

After researching the differences between Crown and Anchor and Captain's Club, the preference for suites on Celebrity is clear.

On Royal, you get one point per day. You get an extra point per day if you are in a suite. You get an extra point per day, regardless of stateroom level, traveling solo.

A couple has to sail 700 nights in non-suites to become Pinnacle Club. A single cruiser has to sail 350 nights. A single suite guest is 233. 

For Zenith, a couple in concierge or aqua has to sail 600 nights. Sky Suites take 375 nights. Celebrity through Royal suites take 250 nights. Halve all these numbers for single cruisers.

On Royal, a free cruise is given for every 350 points (half Pinnacle). On Celebrity, it is every 3000 points.

As previously stated, Zenith and suite guests will become even more synonymous over time as suites are the only real method of becoming multi-Zenith.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

After researching the differences between Crown and Anchor and Captain's Club, the preference for suites on Celebrity is clear.

On Royal, you get one point per day. You get an extra point per day if you are in a suite. You get an extra point per day, regardless of stateroom level, traveling solo.

A couple has to sail 700 nights in non-suites to become Pinnacle Club. A single cruiser has to sail 350 nights. A single suite guest is 233. 

For Zenith, a couple in concierge or aqua has to sail 600 nights. Sky Suites take 375 nights. Celebrity through Royal suites take 250 nights. Halve all these numbers for single cruisers.

On Royal, a free cruise is given for every 350 points (half Pinnacle). On Celebrity, it is every 3000 points.

As previously stated, Zenith and suite guests will become even more synonymous over time as suites are the only real method of becoming multi-Zenith.

Good analysis.You missed out the cost to reach top tier of Royal and Celebrity.

Celebrity. always sent out email how much they appreciate  our business when we make a new booking but they never show their appreciation.

Edited by verizon

1 hour ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

<Major snip>

<More snip>

Hello,

I think it's a free cruise after 700 points, ie at Pinnacle, on RCI, and after that at 350 points.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Orator said:

I did meet her and liked her. At the time I observed that she was not independent. The CEO hired her and was in control. The previous Loyalty Director learned a hard lesson when she advocated too much for benefits for loyalty. 

I met Andrea on board I think in Europe, when she had only been employed by Celebrity for about one week. She seemed pleasant enough but very inexperienced.  It was interesting, but questionable to me, that was the FIRST time she had ever been on a cruise ship.  If I remember correctly, I think her background was in Marketing with a Credit Card company.  I agree totally with Orator that she was brought on to implement tightening restrictions at the direction of Upper Management.

• Like 1

Well, guess I'm about to toss a turd in the punch bowl - as a suite cruiser I'm very glad to see this made permanent by X.

Many have compared X to RC.  We stopped cruising RC after 464 "points" with them (never doubled except for suites) because the P's were getting out of control.

The last straw for me occurred in the Concierge/Suite lounge on a sea day, early in the afternoon, in a nearly empty lounge while quietly reading a book.  I was sternly ordered by a very self important P that "I  was in the P lounge and he had a group of people on their way and that I was in their seats and that I needed to move immediately".  Well, that didn't happen, and I actually stayed much longer than I had planned because of it. 

Quietly mentioned the incident to both the Loyalty person and the suite Concierge and was basically told that they were P and could pretty much do whatever they wanted.  That was the last time we set foot on an RC ship.  We cancelled our remaining bookings. It wasn't just this incident that drove us away, I have others from over the years, but this is the one that broke the deal for us.

Should this start happening on X, we will move our $ along to somewhere else once again. Corporate decisions have consequences and there are just too many other options out there.

Just my 2 pennies worth, but I thought someone had to chime in on the other side of the coin.  I get the loyalty thing, but I also get the $$ thing too.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TrueCruiseaholic said:

Royal is also giving double points for all 2022 sailings, for bookings made before some date I don't remember that has already passed. Lots of points to be granted this year, only inflating the issues on Royal. 

mac_tlc

39 minutes ago, Beachin2 said:

Well, guess I'm about to toss a turd in the punch bowl - as a suite cruiser I'm very glad to see this made permanent by X.

Many have compared X to RC.  We stopped cruising RC after 464 "points" with them (never doubled except for suites) because the P's were getting out of control.

The last straw for me occurred in the Concierge/Suite lounge on a sea day, early in the afternoon, in a nearly empty lounge while quietly reading a book.  I was sternly ordered by a very self important P that "I  was in the P lounge and he had a group of people on their way and that I was in their seats and that I needed to move immediately".  Well, that didn't happen, and I actually stayed much longer than I had planned because of it. 

Quietly mentioned the incident to both the Loyalty person and the suite Concierge and was basically told that they were P and could pretty much do whatever they wanted.  That was the last time we set foot on an RC ship.  We cancelled our remaining bookings. It wasn't just this incident that drove us away, I have others from over the years, but this is the one that broke the deal for us.

Should this start happening on X, we will move our $ along to somewhere else once again. Corporate decisions have consequences and there are just too many other options out there.

Just my 2 pennies worth, but I thought someone had to chime in on the other side of the coin.  I get the loyalty thing, but I also get the $$ thing too.

There is no excuse for rudeness!

• Like 2