Rogueperson's **Live** Enchantment of the Seas 3/5/2022

5 minutes ago, mets07 said:

A beautiful restaurant we have enjoyed at least a couple times in Charleston is Slightly North of Broad. We were not on a cruise, so I am unsure of convenience distance or time of day-wise. 

Will google it. TU

• Like 1

Howdy!  Was just made aware of this thread and will certainly be eagerly following along as I will be doing the same itinerary come 4-2-22.  Have been on Enchantment 6 times before, once before she was stretched and the last time on her last Baltimore cruise, before she left us in 2013. 

I am in the midst of cruise planning.  So happy to be saying that after so long! I would like to please ask a favor.  If you have the opportunity to check, what is the table number for the 10 top in the MDR, on deck 4, aft side (that is the Ladies Room side, right?), just after you enter and turn right, up the little ramp, at the base of the staircase?  Would greatly appreciate this piece of info if you can find out.

Here's wishing you all NEGATIVE tests, calm seas and warm breezes!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DELTABLUE said:

Howdy!  Was just made aware of this thread and will certainly be eagerly following along as I will be doing the same itinerary come 4-2-22.  Have been on Enchantment 6 times before, once before she was stretched and the last time on her last Baltimore cruise, before she left us in 2013. 

I am in the midst of cruise planning.  So happy to be saying that after so long! I would like to please ask a favor.  If you have the opportunity to check, what is the table number for the 10 top in the MDR, on deck 4, aft side (that is the Ladies Room side, right?), just after you enter and turn right, up the little ramp, at the base of the staircase?  Would greatly appreciate this piece of info if you can find out.

Here's wishing you all NEGATIVE tests, calm seas and warm breezes!

I know you!  You're the one who keeps the ongoing list of CDs.  I didn't realize you were local.  Thanks for following.

Remind me in a couple days in case i forget.  A lot of stuff is happening before I leave so it may slip my mind.

You're right!  I do keep the CD list and if my info is accurate, you are in for a good one.  I was on Grandeur when Bobby Broughton came aboard to do his first RCI cruise. I found him to be delightful and a true breath of fresh air.  You're lucky to have him.  Will be there with a reminder if you don't get back to me. 

BTW...can't IMAGINE that you have lots of stuff happening now.:classic_rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, DELTABLUE said:

You're right!  I do keep the CD list and if my info is accurate, you are in for a good one.  I was on Grandeur when Bobby Broughton came aboard to do his first RCI cruise. I found him to be delightful and a true breath of fresh air.  You're lucky to have him.  Will be there with a reminder if you don't get back to me. 

BTW...can't IMAGINE that you have lots of stuff happening now.:classic_rolleyes:

So far my favorite CD is Mike Szwajkowsk.  He's on Wonder at the moment, thanks to your thread.  However, I'm glad to let others try and dethrone him.

However, the last two cruises i was on, I barely noticed the CD, partially due to covid protocols.

Mountie Mike is a winner, too!  Glad that he got to bring out Wonder.  Nice feather in his cap or RCMP hat.:classic_biggrin:  Have you seen his "Fountains' skit?

Where in Silver Spring are you?  It officially runs from the district line all the way up to Olney.

We are sailing in September on eos. Can you tell me if the chef's table room still exists on deck four?  We had a great experience on grandeur but the one on freedom was about forty plus people in the windjammer big disappointment noisy and they were really stingy with the wine. Only quarter to half glass pour.   

We also have an option for lunch/dinner chop for entire six night cruise for 144 pp. Chops is hit and miss. How is it on enchantment? Don't want to commit and it be a miss. 

10 hours ago, DELTABLUE said:

Mountie Mike is a winner, too!  Glad that he got to bring out Wonder.  Nice feather in his cap or RCMP hat.:classic_biggrin:  Have you seen his "Fountains' skit?

Where in Silver Spring are you?  It officially runs from the district line all the way up to Olney.

I'm in Aspen Hill.  I can NEVER remember how to spell Mountie Mike's name.  Is that his official name now, because i can remember that.

Fountains was HILARIOUS.  He actually posted in my live thread in 2018.

9 hours ago, pxy cda said:

We are sailing in September on eos. Can you tell me if the chef's table room still exists on deck four?  We had a great experience on grandeur but the one on freedom was about forty plus people in the windjammer big disappointment noisy and they were really stingy with the wine. Only quarter to half glass pour.   

We also have an option for lunch/dinner chop for entire six night cruise for 144 pp. Chops is hit and miss. How is it on enchantment? Don't want to commit and it be a miss. 

I have Chef's table already booked.  However, on the official deck plan, the room in the MDR does not exist like it does on Grandeur, which is a little worrisome.  My best Chef's table was on Grandeur of the Seas.  Brilliance has a separate room too, which was awesome.  In fact, it was a waiting room AND dining room  combo (there's a picture of it in my Brilliance live thread).  My suspicion is that we will have it in Chops, as this Chops is bigger than Grandeur due to its lack of Giovanni's.  Or maybe, it might be set up in that conference room that's next to Chops.  We shall see.

I went to get my Covid test from the urgent case that I used last time at 8 am.  It was quick.  In and out in less than 5 minutes for both my wife and I.

https://quality1urgentcare.com/ These guys are about 30 minutes from the port of Baltimore but they do walk ins and is covered by insurance.  I paid nothing.  Very efficient and quick.

It took longer to coffee from the Starbucks next door.

So 2 1/2 hours later, i check the portal and print out my test results...only to realize that it was my test results for my December test.  Waa waa....my results are in yet.  Its this limbo time of waiting that's killing me.

I hate this requirement, even though I know its a necessary one.  The idea that your entire cruise is balanced on the tip of a swab.

Edited by Rogueperson
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, DELTABLUE said:

We saw that skit on GR.  OMG, it's so funny.  There's a youtube video of it too.  I'm going to try to find it.  I think it was in someone's cruise video so it'll take some searching.  

Ah, found one of a few videos.  We were on in April 2019 so that may be when we saw it with Mike lol.

Edited by BND

9 minutes ago, BND said:

We saw that skit on GR.  OMG, it's so funny.  There's a youtube video of it too.  I'm going to try to find it.  I think it was in someone's cruise video so it'll take some searching.  

Ah, found one of a few videos.  We were on in April 2019 so that may be when we saw it with Mike lol.

It was the "grand premiere" of it? 😂

3 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

I have Chef's table already booked.  However, on the official deck plan, the room in the MDR does not exist like it does on Grandeur, which is a little worrisome.  My best Chef's table was on Grandeur of the Seas.  Brilliance has a separate room too, which was awesome.  In fact, it was a waiting room AND dining room  combo (there's a picture of it in my Brilliance live thread).  My suspicion is that we will have it in Chops, as this Chops is bigger than Grandeur due to its lack of Giovanni's.  Or maybe, it might be set up in that conference room that's next to Chops.  We shall see.

Thanks rogue. Let me know your experience as we are foodies. You're right about grandeur. That chef's table is one of the best meals I've ever had! And the wine was flowing freely!  

4 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

I went to get my Covid test from the urgent case that I used last time at 8 am.  It was quick.  In and out in less than 5 minutes for both my wife and I.

https://quality1urgentcare.com/ These guys are about 30 minutes from the port of Baltimore but they do walk ins and is covered by insurance.  I paid nothing.  Very efficient and quick.

It took longer to coffee from the Starbucks next door.

So 2 1/2 hours later, i check the portal and print out my test results...only to realize that it was my test results for my December test.  Waa waa....my results are in yet.  Its this limbo time of waiting that's killing me.

I hate this requirement, even though I know its a necessary one.  The idea that your entire cruise is balanced on the tip of a swab.

I didn't get my results until a good 7 hours after i did the test.  Bad news, the reason was they did a rapid PCR test and not the Antigen test *grumble*.  But good news is we're both negative and cleared to sail!!!! Woo hoo!!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pxy cda said:

Can you also let us know typical time for evening shows?  Want to schedule dining times around it. Thanks!

What hasn't changed is that they will schedule shows around the set dining times.  5:30 and 8pm.  Due to capacity, they may only have 1 show that caters to both dining time at 9:30 and sometimes 10:00, but if they have two shows, it will be 7:00 (for late dining) and 9:00 (for early dining).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pxy cda said:

Thanks rogue. Let me know your experience as we are foodies. You're right about grandeur. That chef's table is one of the best meals I've ever had! And the wine was flowing freely!  

The Grandeur cruise was always good.  However, for Chef's Table, since 2017, from Grandeur to Allure, for me, its been mostly the same menu.  The dessert changed after 2018 but everything else unfortunately is the same.  Check out my live threads to compare.  I did Chef's table on Navigator, Allure, Mariner and Brilliance.  The one that didn't get captured on live threads because I didn't do it, was Grandeur to Bermuda and Anthem.  However, I still have pictures of that meal and can compare, even though they weren't posted here.

Man work today was hard.  So much stuff needed to get out the door before i left.  But, I am done now!!!  We are mostly packed.

For me, the trip to the port is an easy 45 minute drive at most.  I'm hearing that there is a convoy of trucks messing things up in Pennsylvania and at least one person who's on our itinerary is suffering through that traffic up there.

As of 4 minutes ago, Enchantment is off the coast of Virginia Beach and will soon enter the Chesapeake bay.

Its almost here!!!

• Like 1

Of course, as it aways is, I’m up extremely early because I could not sleep very well.  I usually do not have any problem staying asleep but last night, really hard to go down and stay down.

Of course, I check to see where Enchantment is.

D94F01D5-64F0-4966-90B4-09FC83A72057.thumb.png.0dfd2918f646e43640efa38d7dd8a3bd.pngShe is just about to go under the Key Bridge and dock in Baltimore.

I am pretty much packed.  I don’t want to finish our last minute stuff yet because I’ll wake the wife.  So i’ll just watch TV with the little boy.

This is Dobby, the little boy i will be leaving behind.  

C4DB741E-ED65-48D6-878C-B48954560963.thumb.jpeg.06d9cfc7e9870c8105df94224dd32fa7.jpeg

This will be the first time mommy and daddy will be leaving him together for any length of time.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

Of course, as it aways is, I’m up extremely early because I could not sleep very well.  I usually do not have any problem staying asleep but last night, really hard to go down and stay down.

Of course, I check to see where Enchantment is.

D94F01D5-64F0-4966-90B4-09FC83A72057.thumb.png.0dfd2918f646e43640efa38d7dd8a3bd.pngShe is just about to go under the Key Bridge and dock in Baltimore.

I am pretty much packed.  I don’t want to finish our last minute stuff yet because I’ll wake the wife.  So i’ll just watch TV with the little boy.

This is Dobby, the little boy i will be leaving behind.  

C4DB741E-ED65-48D6-878C-B48954560963.thumb.jpeg.06d9cfc7e9870c8105df94224dd32fa7.jpeg

This will be the first time mommy and daddy will be leaving him together for any length of time.

I feel you, I woke at 130am then went back to sleep and the alarm went off at 4am. Since my “retirement “ I’m not used to getting up before 6 am.

Have a great cruise, I board the Oasis tomorrow.

As some of you know, my belief is that the one major flaw of all the cruises i’ve taken is that the coffee is bad across-the-board. Princess, Celebrity, Carnival and royal Caribbean are the same.

on my last cruise on the Brilliance, I may have perfected my experiment with the aeropress. So we have packed two of them as well as coffee. I am not willing to bring a grinder on board for fear of losing it. So I do the unthinkable. I have pre-ground my coffee. As any real coffee drinker can tell you, You’re supposed to grind your beans right before you brew it.  But because I can’t I have to pregrind it.

I am mathed this out.  Ideally my wife and I will drink 2 cups of coffee per day. Since today does not count, And the last day we can delay coffee as we are disembarking, I need supplies for 44 cups of coffee.  

CDFCE580-8B81-4979-ACE2-BC1E96E2F608.thumb.jpeg.02675905d6b619fcf4f7eeea63ed3d4f.jpeg

That’s a lot of coffee. This is in fact more than a pound of coffee I am bringing with us.

Edited by Rogueperson
  • Like 2