Rogueperson's **Live** Enchantment of the Seas 3/5/2022

Tonight’s dinner menu.

256C3F0C-2389-42AF-8360-9C0A6898C5CE.thumb.jpeg.c52b55f6b1660667c6a39e946be375b7.jpeg

Asian Duck Taco.  What makes this a taco?  Regardless, it was yummy.

C3C84948-C3BD-4603-B715-F7685DE19AC7.thumb.jpeg.b31ac902df81c06488e633076bd87a03.jpeg

Salmon Tartare.  This has cucumbers.  One of the few things i hate.  Olives and pickles round out the list for the most part.

BFA3F952-DB73-4982-851A-B862A6CF4DE7.thumb.jpeg.ef7cfd9cc400b53ba63da4b116e03100.jpeg

Steak Diane.  I’ve had a lot of beef this cruise.

28371220-8727-482D-AE13-4879B8CC4D6B.thumb.jpeg.20db5bd59048ab9ead499b9fab6c105b.jpeg

Rounding out with Desserts, Tiramisu

BF6C433D-0055-45E1-921D-0F8096AF4DD4.thumb.jpeg.cdfa0bcd251bb945c6739ff3b05bccfd.jpeg

and Tres Leches.

BF6C433D-0055-45E1-921D-0F8096AF4DD4.thumb.jpeg.cdfa0bcd251bb945c6739ff3b05bccfd.jpeg

D4588A23-28F1-4B6F-A530-D3697EE70E70.jpeg

And of course, after dinner, the saddest picture of any cruise.

6D9FA62E-9A5D-4483-B9FB-1D8C944A4740.thumb.jpeg.2f093bfe40b40ebc0d23a21fcd293ba3.jpeg

I realize that one thing i totally missed is any breakfast photos.  Sorry about that.  Breakfast is the only meal they don’t really give you a menu and it threw me off.  Plus, breakfast is usually not the best meal on this ship.

So tomorrow, we end our adventure.  As always, I was will post final thoughts on this cruise after a day or so.  I am actually going into the office tomorrow and I’m pretty sure its going to be a zoo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rogue, thanks for letting us all go along on your cruise.  Yes, that last photo makes me sad...and I'm not the one disembarking.  I am always in a total funk on the last day, with packing and knowing it's over.  🙁  Oh, and before I forget...you and the coffee "adventures"...your wife is a saint!!!  Looking forward to your final thoughts on this one and following along on your next trip!

56 minutes ago, alex_drew said:

Rogue, thanks for letting us all go along on your cruise.  Yes, that last photo makes me sad...and I'm not the one disembarking.  I am always in a total funk on the last day, with packing and knowing it's over.  🙁  Oh, and before I forget...you and the coffee "adventures"...your wife is a saint!!!  Looking forward to your final thoughts on this one and following along on your next trip!

My wife benefits the coffee

adventures.  She too gets good coffee.  But despite the mishaps, It worked for the most part.  Not once did i need to drink the cruise coffee, though i may have gotten a Cappucino or two from Cafe Latitudes.

Next adventure is September.  B2B on Adventure (coincidence?) of the Seas to Bermuda and Canada.  

• Like 1

I also have to make a note here.  This is the longest cruise I’ve ever taken that I didn’t slip past the relaxation phase into the wasting away phase.

Past experience has this start to happen to me between 10 and 12 days.  As today is day 12, I am not feeling it.

For me, this is what happens when the cruise has done too well of a job of detaching me, I become unhinged.  The last time i felt this was on my 15 night Panama Canal Crossing on my honeymoon.  About day 11 or 12, I started missing real life and just…well adulting.  I felt like i haven’t made any real decisions other than what to order for dinner.

Possibly, since internet is a better possibility onboard than it was in 2015, or maybe its something Royal does.  Who knows.

Edited by Rogueperson
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

About day 11 or 12, I started missing real life and just…well adulting.  

We really dislike adulting. :classic_biggrin: We are having the kitchen remodeled with our cancelled cruise refunds, and both of us agree that it feels too much like adulting. And not nearly as much fun as cruising. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We really dislike adulting. :classic_biggrin: We are having the kitchen remodeled with our cancelled cruise refunds, and both of us agree that it feels too much like adulting. And not nearly as much fun as cruising. :classic_biggrin:

Its not about liking or not liking it.  When you’re on a cruise, they take care of your every need.  

I slowly start forgetting things.  First are responsibilities at home as I’m on vacation, but as it progresses, I start to forget how to actually live without all this.  I forget how to make decisions. 

For me, somewhere along this line, I stop enjoying and start feeling useless.  Its just something i notice about myself when the cruise is too long.  Its a gradual thing fortunately.  In about a week, maybe two, I’ll be ready for the next one.

Edited by Rogueperson
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

I forget how to make decisions. 

Wait until you retire! I don't actually miss all of the daily decision making. :classic_smile: I'm glad you had a wonderful cruise. Thanks for all the wonderful photos and commentary. I hope you both had a great time and you can get home soon to your puppy. He will be thrilled to see you! :classic_biggrin:

Safe travels home Rogue. Thanks for bringing us along. It's been great as usual. I'm already looking forward to your next one. 😊

In the meantime, it's going to be my turn. Odyssey from Rome on the 7th of May. If I do any sort of report I'll be sure to tag you.

@Rogueperson Thank you so much for all the effort to post your pictures and thoughts and take us landlubbers on a virtual cruise with you, it has been fantastic! Hope you have a safe and easy trip home today and will be checking out your other reports to keep me occupied! Great Job!

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

We had our master bath redone during the pandemic since we had more than enough extra funds even though it's a huge bathroom.   Remodels are a real PITA.  Decisions to make and people in and out of your house.  

Can't wait to board EN in 16 days and get waited on for 20 days.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BND said:

We had our master bath redone during the pandemic since we had more than enough extra funds even though it's a huge bathroom.   Remodels are a real PITA.  Decisions to make and people in and out of your house.  

Can't wait to board EN in 16 days and get waited on for 20 days.

my cruise clock has now been reset to 191 days.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

my cruise clock has now been reset to 191 days.

Thank you for the wonderful review Rogueperson. I don’t like when such a fun review is over😂, but back to real life!

• Like 1

Oh, I forgot to post this.  This is ship to outside door.  This includes picking up our bags and customs.  Impressive for still using a customs agent.

2D8D8E14-9E61-4D87-8938-5B8B6AA72CDC.thumb.png.6f4aefe4fd53f4544ad4a944eeb35eae.png

And thus ends our 12 night adventure on the Enchantment of the Seas.  I will post final thoughts in a day or two, but i will also post something that happened that i did not want to say until i disembarked.  I am now at the office so let me dig out of my paper hell and i will return shortly.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

Next adventure is September.  B2B on Adventure (coincidence?) of the Seas to Bermuda and Canada.  

Someone in the roll-call for my May Canada cruise is doing the B2B with Bermuda. No idea why I hadn't thought of it before then. Mentioned it to my folks, and that is now part of their plans. Really smart idea.

21 minutes ago, xtremegk said:

Someone in the roll-call for my May Canada cruise is doing the B2B with Bermuda. No idea why I hadn't thought of it before then. Mentioned it to my folks, and that is now part of their plans. Really smart idea.

Funny story.  We don't normally do cruises less than 7 nights.  5, is extreme because its a poor use of time to cruise benefit.  We booked the 9 night to sail with friends we met some years ago on the Anthem.  However, @death_star had booked the 5 night prior to it on our trip on the Allure in 2019 together.  I checked the pricing and it was decent so I broached the subject of a b2b with my wife as a surprise to him and his wife.  Well, because he got tagged here, it means I was stupid and somehow let it slip somewhere i was doing a b2b and he caught it somehow and immed me going "you're doing a b2b, when?!?!"  So i was busted.  So the lessons kids, be careful what you post..and especially WHERE you post.  I thought i was posting in a private group for our cruise...but i posted elsewhere.  I never figured out how that happened.

• Haha 3

Thanx for all the time and effort put into taking us along with you on this 12 day cruise to 4 saints and somewhere else.:classic_tongue:  Have enjoyed your photo collection and greatly appreciate the ones you took of 'my' table.  I've got it booked and confirmed for 4-2, late sitting and others on that roll call thread have booked it as our seat warmers, at first sitting.  So nice to know where you will be sitting and who your table mates will be. 

Sorry about the rain and your brutal return to reality.  Keep thinking ...just a gal who likes animal crossing — howmanydaysuntil-acnh: As of  September 11th,...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/15/2022 at 10:19 AM, Rogueperson said:

Also, had an issue at breakfast that I will expand on later.

I promised I this a couple days ago.  I actually made a post, and it disappeared, but it needs to be made.  I do not want to make posts like this during a live  cruise thread, but at the same time, I'm not going to remain quiet.

So this morning, my wife sleeps in and does not join me for breakfast.  I go to the MDR and get seated at a large table with about 6 other people.  Older couples.

General conversation occurs and it leads to the ventriloquist the night before (see earlier post).  The old ladies remarked how much they enjoyed it.  This was a warning sign i failed to notice.

I tell them that I felt it was the most racist thing i've ever seen on a cruise ship before.  There was no joke with Asian themed dummy other than he was Asian.  No reaction or comment.

Conversation led to schools.  One lady said her kid did not get into Johns Hopkins with a 4.5 gpa in high school because "the quota was met" and they had to give it to "less deserving people", but its okay, because her daughter went elsewhere, and became a teacher.  I say nothing.

Another lady starts on high schools and how they're not prepared for the challenges of today's students.  I mentioned that my county, Montgomery County, Maryland, has a consortium system where after middle school, they have a choice of high schools to choose from that suits their strengths.  This lady then says that her son lives in that county and that it doesn't work before high school.  She says that her grandson could not get a decent teacher because they had to hire all these "DAMN ESOL teachers to deal with "all the kids from the poor neighborhoods" I didn't mention that MY OWN STEP DAUGHTER WENT TO THAT SCHOOL AND EXCELLED and those "poor neighborhoods" IS MY COMMUNITY.  This is the same school that the current principal won an award for best administrator in my county in a county that EXCELS at education and ranks nationally time in and time again!  And for the record, there weren't that many "damn Esol teachers", there was 1 or 2, back to school night, I know.  Maybe your grandkid is stupid.  Nope, said none of this.  Let it go.

And then another lady chimes in saying she helps her daughter grades papers and that its atrocious how they're not learning.  She adds "I can tell the race of the student just by looking at the paper.  The Orientals, now those papers are almost always great and well done" SHE THEN POINTS TO ME AND SAYS "YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT....." AND THEN SHE GOES OFF WITH "THE JEWS.... ***************"  The stars I'm adding in, is when my vision is totally clouded with red and nothing is coming through to me anymore.

At this point, I pull a polite Eric Cartmen exit of "Screw you guys, i'm going home".  It came out more like "I need to go...".  Had my wife been with us, we probably would have been banned by Royal Caribbean as she would have started swinging.

This is by far THE WORST conversation i've ever been a party to.  The worst thing about this, is that this was not an isolated incident.  This was the only incident I can put into words that were this clear.  There's always this look we get because we're an interacial couple.  Or something like that.  the tone, the sly remarks.  This trip had a lot more of this than usual.  Its not worth mentioning for the most part.  But this...THIS...

Don't get me wrong, we still had a great cruise and we love this itinerary, and we do not fault Royal Caribbean here. 

But yeah....there you have it.

Edited by Rogueperson
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Coralc said:

When i see this and go “what am i supposed to do now?  Yeah, not good.

B11DDCDA-25CE-4EEB-B2F9-82C73D2C0175.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

I promised I this a couple days ago.  I actually made a post, and it disappeared, but it needs to be made.  I do not want to make posts like this during a live  cruise thread, but at the same time, I'm not going to remain quiet.

So this morning, my wife sleeps in and does not join me for breakfast.  I go to the MDR and get seated at a large table with about 6 other people.  Older couples.

General conversation occurs and it leads to the ventriloquist the night before (see earlier post).  The old ladies remarked how much they enjoyed it.  This was a warning sign i failed to notice.

I tell them that I felt it was the most racist thing i've ever seen on a cruise ship before.  There was no joke with Asian themed dummy other than he was Asian.  No reaction or comment.

Conversation led to schools.  One lady said her kid did not get into Johns Hopkins with a 4.5 gpa in high school because "the quota was met" and they had to give it to "less deserving people", but its okay, because her daughter went elsewhere, and became a teacher.  I say nothing.

Another lady starts on high schools and how they're not prepared for the challenges of today's students.  I mentioned that my county, Montgomery County, Maryland, has a consortium system where after middle school, they have a choice of high schools to choose from that suits their strengths.  This lady then says that her son lives in that county and that it doesn't work before high school.  She says that her grandson could not get a decent teacher because they had to hire all these "DAMN ESOL teachers to deal with "all the kids from the poor neighborhoods" I didn't mention that MY OWN STEP DAUGHTER WENT TO THAT SCHOOL AND EXCELLED and those "poor neighborhoods" IS MY COMMUNITY.  This is the same school that the current principal won an award for best administrator in my county in a county that EXCELS at education and ranks nationally time in and time again!  And for the record, there weren't that many "damn Esol teachers", there was 1 or 2, back to school night, I know.  Maybe your grandkid is stupid.  Nope, said none of this.  Let it go.

And then another lady chimes in saying she helps her daughter grades papers and that its atrocious how they're not learning.  She adds "I can tell the race of the student just by looking at the paper.  The Orientals, now those papers are almost always great and well done" SHE THEN POINTS TO ME AND SAYS "YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT....." AND THEN SHE GOES OFF WITH "THE JEWS.... ***************"  The stars I'm adding in, is when my vision is totally clouded with red and nothing is coming through to me anymore.

At this point, I pull a polite Eric Cartmen exit of "Screw you guys, i'm going home".  It came out more like "I need to go...".  Had my wife been with us, we probably would have been banned by Royal Caribbean as she would have started swinging.

This is by far THE WORST conversation i've ever been a party to.  The worst thing about this, is that this was not an isolated incident.  This was the only incident I can put into words that were this clear.  There's always this look we get because we're an interacial couple.  Or something like that.  the tone, the sly remarks.  This trip had a lot more of this than usual.  Its not worth mentioning for the most part.  But this...THIS...

Don't get me wrong, we still had a great cruise and we love this itinerary, and we do not fault Royal Caribbean here. 

But yeah....there you have it.

Wow this is horrible! Im so sorry you had to hear those things AND had to deal with interacial issues! Disgusting.