Mariner Points

saltshell

Basically, you are awarded one cruise day for every $300 charged to your onboard account.  Many past posts have confirmed that HAL is fairly liberal in rounding up amounts and awarding more points than people thought they were entitled to.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

Basically, you are awarded one cruise day for every $300 charged to your onboard account.  Many past posts have confirmed that HAL is fairly liberal in rounding up amounts and awarding more points than people thought they were entitled to.

Are the crew gratuity counted towards the $300? Excursion also?

5 hours ago, crystalspin said:

But the points you accrue on any one cruise, do not move you up to next Star level, until the next cruise.

Unless you are on a Grand Cruise. You will bump up during cruise when you meet next level. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, taxmantoo said:

What about the pre-cruise purchases, like beverage packages or specialty dining....do they count as well?

My own experience is that HAL gives you credit for SBP, wifi, etc as if you had bought them full-price, even if they are part of a package deal. As that was the only way I could have gotten 2x days on several cruises. 

Of course that was in the past and DNK if it will apply to the current HIA promotion (although I am counting on it)!

29 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

My own experience is that HAL gives you credit for SBP, wifi, etc as if you had bought them full-price, even if they are part of a package deal. As that was the only way I could have gotten 2x days on several cruises. 

Of course that was in the past and DNK if it will apply to the current HIA promotion (although I am counting on it)!

based on the number of points I got on my Christmas cruise they are still giving credit for SBP, wifi, etc

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mandalay1903 said:

I've seen Mariner points credited for all of the above including HIA (as if you bought the perks separately), but never for Flight Ease air, or pre- or post-cruise city stays.

Those aren't charged to your on-board account, so they aren't credited toward your Mariner Days. 
You do get credit though, if you use HAL to transfer to the airport after the cruise AND you purchase it while on board. 

13 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Those aren't charged to your on-board account, so they aren't credited toward your Mariner Days. 
You do get credit though, if you use HAL to transfer to the airport after the cruise AND you purchase it while on board. 

You are referring to the HIA (Have it All)?  .  It has certainly counted in the past and been credited towards my Mariner days.  I’ve only had it once BC (Before Covid) but recent reports are the same 😉 

I’ve only done Flight Ease once in recent years and not seen that credited either

1 hour ago, kazu said:

You are referring to the HIA (Have it All)?

No. I'm referring to the 

2 hours ago, Mandalay1903 said:

Flight Ease air, or pre- or post-cruise city stays.

mentioned in the quote. 
I should have edited the rest of the quote to remove the reference to HIA. 

3 hours ago, kazu said:

You are referring to the HIA (Have it All)?  .  It has certainly counted in the past and been credited towards my Mariner days.  I’ve only had it once BC (Before Covid) but recent reports are the same 😉 

I’ve only done Flight Ease once in recent years and not seen that credited either

Yes, "HIA" = "Have it All" in my post.  They counted HIA toward Mariner days in my 8/2021 cruise last summer, but probably not the Flight Ease LAX to ATH. In any event, including HIA capped out my spending points per the policy.

• Like 1