How do you eat a Kiwi fruit on a cruise?

shipgeeks

At home, I use a sharp knife to cut it in half, then scoop out the fruit with a small teaspoon, or I peel it with a sharp knife and then cut it up with knife and fork.  On a ship, I have no sharp knife.  What do you do?

21 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

At home, I use a sharp knife to cut it in half, then scoop out the fruit with a small teaspoon, or I peel it with a sharp knife and then cut it up with knife and fork.  On a ship, I have no sharp knife.  What do you do?

On a ship, the fruit is served already sliced and I have little to do but eat it.  I have never bought any Kiwi fruit for use at home.  Your post makes me think I ought to do so because I do like Kiwi.  

15 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

On a ship, the fruit is served already sliced and I have little to do but eat it.  I have never bought any Kiwi fruit for use at home.  Your post makes me think I ought to do so because I do like Kiwi.  

You're right; if served in dining room it is already plated.  I was thinking more of buffet, where there is a bowl of them ready to take from.

At the grocery store, they seem to be sold only in fairly large bags now, which makes it harder to justify if one is the only person who eats them.  But they are a very nice alternate fruit to eat.

I have found them peeled wherever they are served.....buffet or dining room. Maybe it depends on the cruise line. And I love them🙂

• Like 1