Panorama inside cabins

JennJ99738

Hello!

I just booked a last minute cruise on Panorama for March 12th but I'm  little concerned. I haven't sailed Carnival in at least 20 years.  I was due to be on Princess last week but I had to cancel due to family emergency. 

The only cabins available are interior. I haven't found many reviews so I thought I'd ask here.  Are there any interiors better than others?  Are there decks I should absolutely avoid? The cabins look extremely small for 2 people. 

Any other tips for a first-time-in-long-time Carnival cruiser?

Thanks!

Jennifer 

I received a killer deal for an inside cabin back in August of last year for an inside cabin on the Panorama. Booked it for my wife and I and it was absolutely fine for the two of us and  I am a big guy. Zero issues with the space and the price made it worth it. Totally comfortable on deck 7. 

45 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I received a killer deal for an inside cabin back in August of last year for an inside cabin on the Panorama. Booked it for my wife and I and it was absolutely fine for the two of us and  I am a big guy. Zero issues with the space and the price made it worth it. Totally comfortable on deck 7. 

Thanks, I think my deal was really good, too.  I just wondered if there were better insides than others. 

There are some "inside" cabins with a picture window, deck view. Lovely cabins with good daylight. I like 9202. Super nice, and the deck outside is thinly attended, so that is nice too. 

25 minutes ago, JennJ99738 said:

Thanks, I think my deal was really good, too.  I just wondered if there were better insides than others. 

Yes as above, I like the port holes. Or the spa cabins come with spa privileges for the week. Upgraded bathroom stuff who  cares..but some enjoy the spa. Cabins same size. I was offered a family harbor for $30 more lol though I'm solo, just different perks. 

Port hole pt inside category are also larger.

The only real difference is location. Depending on where you like to hang out, it may be more advantageous to be near that deck. If you are a light sleeper, picking one sandwiched between two other cabin decks could be seen as an advantage. If you're a lido person, deck 10/11 can be an advantage (less elevator time). If you like it a bit quieter and some outside time, being on/near deck 5 can be an advantage. The cabins are plenty spacious for two, and like another poster mentioned, I'm a big guy too, both tall and wide, and I had no problems in a inside. Unless you plan to hang out in there a lot, it's perfectly fine and bigger than other lines. There are a multitude of places to hang out on the decks on Panorama (from front to aft, depending on deck), and they range from quiet to cracking. If you're a roaming type who likes to be out/about and "in it", booking an inside and using that savings for cheers (vs a balcony) is probably a better choice/deal/value anyway. She's a great ship, easy to navigate and has a lot to offer. Have a great trip!   

• Like 2

We just did the same thing! I ended up booking 3 interiors on Deck 8 for the 5 of us (hubs and me, our two girls 8 and 13, and a single for my mother in law). We chose 8 because it has cabins above and below, and we are close but still a few cabins away from the elevator. We like this location because it is easy to run up to Lido for snacks and kid activities, but also quiet when we want to sleep - even during the day! We haven't done interiors for a long time and usually do the 4 of us in a balcony, but it was actually cheaper to get 2 interior cabins than to fit us all into one, which was what made it worth it! We just booked last week to sail on the 26th, so a fun last minute Spring Break getaway!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, urbanhawk said:

Having a cabin where the above and below decks are only other cabins are quiet.  You never want to book a cabin, for example, under the lido deck. I've read that a cabin on the empress deck is a good choice.

We stayed directly under the Lido Deck on the Panorama.  It wasn't the noise from above that was bothering us, but rather from the neighboring rooms, which were hosting some type of family vacation.  You could hear them partying and you could hear them arguing.  It was noticeable, but not bad.  The only issue was Sunday night - they thought it'd be a good idea to stick four teen boys in one room, and the teens thought it was a good idea to play their music as loud as the volume would allow.  Somebody else must've complained, because (presumably) security put a stop to it...

3 hours ago, brookeq said:

We just booked on the same sailing an inside cabin for so cheap.  We will be on the bottom deck but I don't even care.  I just needed a break.   

I thought about Deck 1.  It's probably a bit quieter.  I think I spent $10 more on Deck 8 just because my friend and I wanted to cut down on some of the walking.  I'm with you.  I just need some time away with what happened in my family.  

Just got off today and can recommended cabin 8475. We always book inside for the darkness and try to get as far aft as possible, we find it nice and quiet back there.

This cabin showed on deck 8 as being in a third row. When we boarded we couldn't find our cabin. Turns out the third row cabins are in a separate hallway, there are only 5 cabins.

This cabin had a good layout and also had a couch which comes in handy.

It was extra quiet back here this time because of the 5 cabins only one other was occupied and it was the furthest away from our cabin.

IMG_20220227_135309207.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JennJ99738 said:

I thought about Deck 1.  It's probably a bit quieter.  I think I spent $10 more on Deck 8 just because my friend and I wanted to cut down on some of the walking.  I'm with you.  I just need some time away with what happened in my family.  

Deck one should be a free deck or super low rate. Deck one is under water, bowels of the ship. I'd not take that as I do not trust the crew to get us off in an abandon-ship situation. I expect them to flee.  Costa Concordia weighs heavily on my mind. No going back after that. I simply don't trust them. Period. If I could get hold of his neck, there would be no cause for a court case. Justice served!   

Edited by cruisingguy007