LIVE The Oasis of the Seas 3/6-3/13/22

Me: A solo Fifty something female taking her first cruise in 19 years.

This is my first cruise on RCI so hopefully I can show you the Oasis with a fresh pair of eyes.

Since I have issues standing and walking I will also comment on how it is to move around on the ship.

I have rented a walker from ScootAround which is supposed to be waiting in my room.

If anyone has any questions, please ask and I will answer them.

March 4, 2022

Took my Emed test and it was Negative, so I am clear to cruise.

Oh I remember the days when Advil was the only drug I needed for vacation.

image.thumb.jpeg.2d43f2431c3e16e5f2495489540a7d03.jpeg

Saturday 3/5/2022

My airport is a regional airport and the plane is one of the smaller ones. These small planes scare me, definitely bumpy at times.

Well I guess my 2 Air Trackers confused the TSA, they tore thru my duffel bag messing up all my hard work. They still didn’t find them and it took me forever to fix my bag.

My flight had a Giant Schnauzer on it, he was not working since I heard him whining and jumping on its Butler.

I really did not think you could bring dogs bigger than a toddler on the plane.

Twenty Five minutes till boarding, can’t wait to get to Miami. I have touched and leaned on everything in the airport. It’s so hard for me to walk and I’m going have to burn these clothes I’m wearing.

Here is a picture of me so if you see me say hi Laura .

image.jpeg

Edited by Maitaivegas
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, dman1 said:

Looking forward to this as we get on as you get off!  Take good care of her!!

I will do my best, hopefully my walker doesn’t run into the walls when going down the hall lol. I stopped driving when my DD refused to ride with me.

Edited by Maitaivegas
  • Haha 1

Looking forward to your cruise!  We haven't been on Oasis since 2015, but will be on her in July, celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary.

Good luck with your scooter.  Did you get an accessible cabin?  DH is taking his brand new rollator next month when we're on Celebrity Apex.  He can't walk far, and we have an aft cabin!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Following along, we are going in a few weeks. When you get onboard, can you post a picture of the week's entertainment schedule? Curious which days/times are each show, aqua show, and ice performance.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

Me: A solo Fifty something female taking her first cruise in 19 years.

This is my first cruise on RCI so hopefully I can show you the Oasis with a fresh pair of eyes.

Since I have issues standing and walking I will also comment on how it is to move around on the ship.

I have rented a walker from ScootAround which is supposed to be waiting in my room.

If anyone has any questions, please ask and I will answer them.

March 4, 2022

Took my Emed test and it was Negative, so I am clear to cruise.

Oh I remember the days when Advil was the only drug I needed for vacation.

Hav

Saturday 3/5/2022

My airport is a regional airport and the plane is one of the smaller ones. These small planes scare me, definitely bumpy at times.

Well I guess my 2 Air Trackers confused the TSA, they tore thru my duffel bag messing up all my hard work. They still didn’t find them and it took me forever to fix my bag.

My flight had a Giant Schnauzer on it, he was not working since I heard him whining and jumping on its Butler.

I really did not think you could bring dogs bigger than a toddler on the plane.

Twenty Five minutes till boarding, can’t wait to get to Miami. I have touched and leaned on everything in the airport. It’s so hard for me to walk and I’m going have to burn these clothes I’m wearing.

Here is a picture of me so if you see me say hi Laura .

Have a great cruise.  There are a lot of lives going this week but I'll be following along.  I won't get much work done... but I'll be following along. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, joand452 said:

Looking forward to your cruise!  We haven't been on Oasis since 2015, but will be on her in July, celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary.

Good luck with your scooter.  Did you get an accessible cabin?  DH is taking his brand new rollator next month when we're on Celebrity Apex.  He can't walk far, and we have an aft cabin!

Thank you for replying. I rented a rollator with a seat. I’m not ready to ride a scooter just yet.

I rented from ScootAround and it’s being delivered to my room.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jrapps said:

Following along, we are going in a few weeks. When you get onboard, can you post a picture of the week's entertainment schedule? Curious which days/times are each show, aqua show, and ice performance.

Thanks!

Sure I can post that , thanks for following.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Have a great cruise.  There are a lot of lives going this week but I'll be following along.  I won't get much work done... but I'll be following along. 🙂 

Thank you for following along, hopefully my twist will make it interesting.

• Like 1

I flew into MIA and that place is huge! I have flown into a lot of airports, but this one is too big for the mobility challenged like me.

They have awesome wheelchair service, they use transfer chairs.

They was no way I could have walked that even with my rollator.

The Man who pushed me was so nice and I tipped him 20.00.

I’m staying for 1 night at The Hotel Indigo/Brickell location. The front desk lady was very friendly and polite. The premium king room was nice but it’s not worth what I paid for it. Didn’t realize it was college spring break in Miami.

Lunch/Dinner

Had a club sandwich and later I will eat the 50th Anniversary cheesecake.

Im just going to relax the rest of the day, my back is killing me.

4E60E3E5-F640-4815-B398-8FFE7A4A8221.jpeg

D3550212-6356-472E-A55E-67801DCC995D.jpeg

Edited by Maitaivegas
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, loungelady55 said:

This is fantastic.  Thank you and it is so nice to see the positive posts again!

Have a wonderful time.

Thank you so much for your kind words. This is the first report I have written and I am going to really work to keep this report positive. But if there is something that is really wrong, I’m not afraid to blast them.

Stay turned tomorrow should be a blast. Stay safe and healthy.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

Thank you for replying. I rented a rollator with a seat. I’m not ready to ride a scooter just yet.

I rented from ScootAround and it’s being delivered to my room.

Please let me know your experience with them.  I will likely be recovering from knee surgery when I board Ovation in August.  I'm looking at using them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Please let me know your experience with them.  I will likely be recovering from knee surgery when I board Ovation in August.  I'm looking at using them.

I will post my experience using the HD Rollator, I hope it is in my room by 2 PM as contracted.

I am attaching a Apple Air Tracker, so if it goes missing I can  track it down and play a really loud alarm.

I have called them once, and I got right through and they were very warm and professional.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Have a wonderful cruise.

We are 63 days out from our next one and all the "lives" this week are keeping me entertained while waiting not so patiently for it to be our turn. 😊

• Thanks 1