On Edge March 6

lv2cruisgrl

19 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I am guessing that they need to wait for some reason, and needed to get out of the way of the Rotterdam, which is farther down the channel and now leaving.

mac_tlc

B6803918-BEF5-4FE2-8E18-20FE361D2E60.png

Right after we started to pull away from the dock there was a medical emergency. So we were delayed while waiting for ambulance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lovrccl said:

Right after we started to pull away from the dock there was a medical emergency. So we were delayed while waiting for ambulance.

We had a cruise where Dad ended up in the medical center b4 departure. They held the ship until he was given the all clear!

HAVE FUN!!

Tonight was first Chic night. I have to say people dressed nice but almost no suits on men, and mostly cocktail dresses or nice pants/blouse for women. Since covid most of the cruises we have been on have been the same. So far all is well, a bit windy and 10 ft swells. Heading to San Juan. 

12 hours ago, jelayne said:

Joao is now on the Summit.

Thanks! We had Houssain, Joao and Amber twice in the Fall. Really personable folks. Has some great conversations since it was just after the restart. Seems like they all are back on smaller ships. I know Joao was hoping his wife would be on a ship by the time he returned after the holidays. Hopefully that are together on Summit.

Its interesting —- on over 40 cruises, there have been maybe two of three crew members I remember years later. But the Edge crew after the restart seemed different. Maybe it was the circumstances, maybe the reduced capacity. We also hope that Jose is back in Luminae by our sailing. We have sailed with him three times and hope to make it four.  

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, countess5 said:

Hilton Marina

would not stay there again, was ok for two nights but I would place it as a moderate motel. 

That is so interesting. ..... Even after the remodel?  We book there every cruise out of FLL, upper floor, water view, but our view of the X pier/ships was generally blocked by pier equipment....haven't been there since the reno but it was quite nice then in the room and the pool area.  Lobby needed work for sure.  Where was your room located to get such a good pic of the ship sailing away?  We've been looking at other hotels but not finding the greatest reviews anywhere.

We usually stay at Hilton Marina as it has easy access to the water  boat.  However, the past few visits the restaurant was closed and they have a buffet for breakfast and one has to eat in a tent.  Also the bar at night by the pool is small and food is not good and service is poor.  It always feels like a hotel comparable to a Best Western(lobby is redone but everything seems cold).  We are trying the Renaissance(Marriott) just up the street this Saturday and it is close to a nice restaurant called Boatyard.  We miss Grille 66 which closed last year but the Boatyard has seating by the docks and good menu.  Nice vibe.

1 minute ago, dazey said:

We usually stay at Hilton Marina as it has easy access to the water  boat.  However, the past few visits the restaurant was closed and they have a buffet for breakfast and one has to eat in a tent.  Also the bar at night by the pool is small and food is not good and service is poor.  It always feels like a hotel comparable to a Best Western(lobby is redone but everything seems cold).  We are trying the Renaissance(Marriott) just up the street this Saturday and it is close to a nice restaurant called Boatyard.  We miss Grille 66 which closed last year but the Boatyard has seating by the docks and good menu.  Nice vibe.

yes...I agree with the 'Boatyard' dining and the water taxi, also the proximity to the port (one night stay).  So the tent is now the restaurant?  They must still be in reno and yes, the pool dining is not fine dining...just a quick bite works....and so busy it doesn't have fast service. I'll look into the Marriott but really, all I want is high up ocean view balcony with a view of ships coming and going....and....a hotel quality experience.  Sorry OP... I hijacked the thread.

In response to Oceangoer2, the restaurant is no longer there.  The buffet is in a large empty banquet room.  They are building an extension by the dock which was ongoing in November when we were there.  Not sure if when construction is done the restaurant will return.  Love walking along the dock and seeing the hugh yachts.  If only I could get on one!

23 hours ago, dazey said:

In response to Oceangoer2, the restaurant is no longer there.  The buffet is in a large empty banquet room.  They are building an extension by the dock which was ongoing in November when we were there.  Not sure if when construction is done the restaurant will return.  Love walking along the dock and seeing the hugh yachts.  If only I could get on one!

Would spoil you forever...we saw one on our last visit which was more than a yacht and looked quite military.

Edited by Oceangoer2