Website in CAD$ while in US?

dolfan1980

Is there a way to search cruises on the NCL site in Canadian Dollars while in the US?  I'm vacationing at my parents and I can't seem to search in Canadian Dollars.  I can on third party sites, but trying on the NCL site.  Cannot find a button to change it for the life of me.

Any help appreciated!  

I'm not aware that you can change currencies on the NCL site the way you can on Royal's for example.

When I've wanted to check US pricing on NCL, I flip over to the spanish site. 

You should be able to get NCL's Cdn pricing at the CruiseNext desk.

If you post what ship, sail date and category you're interested in, I can price it for you. 

i dont think you can do this on an ncl website. but since you have indicated you can do it  on a 3rd party site, i recommend you do so. if im traveling to a foreign country (athens round trip) apr 8th thru 17.

i usually just google in the exchange rate for a given amount of money. 

if the us dollar for a club balcony suite is $4500 for 2 people, i google in the exchange rate canadian dollars to u.s. and get an approximation. 

I have to book through Australia and have to pay for everything before boarding in NZD.   I have not been able to even look at prices in any other currency for a long time.    If I try to look at any other NCL site it automatically refers me back to the NZD site.

Yes, there is,  @dolfan1980.   You need to "trick" NCL into thinking that you're in Canada with a Canadian IP (Internet Protocol) address.   Currently,  NCL knows that you're visiting its website from a US IP address. There is no button or option on NCL.com to switch currencies, so the only way you can get the different currencies is to pretend you're surfing from the country whose currency you want to see quoted on NCL.com. 

The way you trick NCL into thinking that you're surfing the web from Canada is by using a VPN (Virtual Private Network).  This is perfectly legal and not risky, in case you are wondering.  There are a number of free and trustworthy VPN services that have app extensions for the Google Chrome browser, if that's the browser you're using.   Just go to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/vpn and find a free service. 

p.s. to @dolfan1980 --

In case you're doing the NCL price check on a phone, your app store (whether Android or iOs) will have free VPN apps.

And here's a list of some reliable free VPNs that aren't Chrome extensions but apps that you can download onto a Windows-based computer: https://www.tomsguide.com/best-picks/best-free-vpn

25 minutes ago, lots-of-km2 said:

Yes, there is,  @dolfan1980.   You need to "trick" NCL into thinking that you're in Canada with a Canadian IP (Internet Protocol) address.   Currently,  NCL knows that you're visiting its website from a US IP address. There is no button or option on NCL.com to switch currencies, so the only way you can get the different currencies is to pretend you're surfing from the country whose currency you want to see quoted on NCL.com. 

The way you trick NCL into thinking that you're surfing the web from Canada is by using a VPN (Virtual Private Network).  This is perfectly legal and not risky, in case you are wondering.  There are a number of free and trustworthy VPN services that have app extensions for the Google Chrome browser, if that's the browser you're using.   Just go to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/vpn and find a free service. 

I have a work VPN, perhaps that will work, thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions/offers?

22 minutes ago, dolfan1980 said:

I have a work VPN, perhaps that will work, thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions/offers?

It'll work only if your work VPN simulates a Canadian IP address.  Otherwise, you'll need to use an app or browser extension. 

Tried to surf the NCL site while on the Bliss last week in Mexico.  Kept getting the UK site, asked and they told me it had to do with where they got the signal - very annoying!!!  Tried changing the address but it always reverted back.  Sometimes you can fool it if you add CA to the address.

6 hours ago, julig22 said:

Sometimes you can fool it if you add CA to the address.

With some businesses that have Canadian websites, you can do that.  NCL isn't among those.  A VPN is needed to trick NCL.com into displaying pricing for a particular country when you're away from that country. 

12 hours ago, julig22 said:

Tried to surf the NCL site while on the Bliss last week in Mexico.  Kept getting the UK site, asked and they told me it had to do with where they got the signal - very annoying!!!  Tried changing the address but it always reverted back.  Sometimes you can fool it if you add CA to the address.

We had that as well on the Bliss.  Even the internet cafe computers connected to the UK site.

NCL doesn't need a VPN as often as it used to.  For example, in the US right now for me https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/ will give you the Canada site, without a VPN.

If you get stuck on a country (my phone refused to leave the UK site after the cruise), try going direct to https://www.ncl.com/vacations - that often resets it.