Another JS/ coastal kitchen question

I’m booked on a JS on the Anthem in April and will be trying to make reservations for dinner in the Coastal Kitchen. On other sailings when I’ve been in grand suites and have had dinner in the coastal kitchen during happy hour I’ve been able to have complimentary wine with dinner, without the drink package or using a diamond voucher.  Will I be able to do so if I’m having dinner there during happy hour but am not in a grand suite or above?

1 minute ago, dleahy4444 said:

Thank you for your response. I guess it was wishful thinking lol

You are welcome.   

You could always simply walk in with a glass of wine using your voucher from a lounge.  🙂 

"You are welcome.   

You could always simply walk in with a glass of wine using your voucher from a lounge. "

We have done this many times at CK, MDR, other bars, etc.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, avw3 said:

"You are welcome.   

You could always simply walk in with a glass of wine using your voucher from a lounge. "

Thanks. I usually stay in a suite with my hubby and between the diamond vouchers and the suites lounge that is plenty of wine/drinks. This time I’m traveling with a friend who never cruised before so no diamond vouchers for her or suite perks. neither of us drink enough to make drink packages cost effective, but we do like the occasional cocktail or glass of wine on vacation. So I’m exploring our options, whether to buy the package or pay by the glass. I’m leaning towards the later.

4 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

Thanks. I usually stay in a suite with my hubby and between the diamond vouchers and the suites lounge that is plenty of wine/drinks. This time I’m traveling with a friend who never cruised before so no diamond vouchers for her or suite perks. neither of us drink enough to make drink packages cost effective, but we do like the occasional cocktail or glass of wine on vacation. So I’m exploring our options, whether to buy the package or pay by the glass. I’m leaning towards the later.

U$e your voucher$ and be nice to the bartender$. :classic_ninja:

17 hours ago, avw3 said:

"You are welcome.   

Me too....many times.  It especially helps when you have to wait in line to be seated at the MDR.  😉 🥂

24 minutes ago, mandream said:

So does this mean if we are in an Owner's Suite drinks will be complimentary in CK at dinner since it will be during Happy Hour?  At least whatever selection is being offered during HH?

Mike

Yes!:classic_smile:

32 minutes ago, mandream said:

So does this mean if we are in an Owner's Suite drinks will be complimentary in CK at dinner since it will be during Happy Hour?  At least whatever selection is being offered during HH?

Mike

On an Oasis class ship, yes, that has not been our experience on Anthem as CK is not attached to the suite lounge.

15 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Yes!:classic_smile:

6 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

On an Oasis class ship, yes, that has not been our experience on Anthem as CK is not attached to the suite lounge.

Thanks both!  Yes, we will board the Oasis in just over a week.  This is a nice unexpected surprise.  We can save our Diamond vouchers for other times.

Mike

17 hours ago, mandream said:

Thanks both!  Yes, we will board the Oasis in just over a week.  This is a nice unexpected surprise.  We can save our Diamond vouchers for other times.

Mike

Mike, you can also go into the suites lounge from 11 am to 11 pm for freebie beer, wine, and bubbly.  Will be from the approved list of lesser priced items...but still nice to pop in there after a day in port.  

Just be sure to tip your bartender in cash.  😉 

Enjoy!  

• Like 1