Production shows ship to ship ?? Millenium was GREAT

barric

We seniors just finished a 10 night on Millenium, sailaway 2/21/22.  The evening stage shows, as a whole, were the best we have ever experienced. Those responsible for producing such excellent and varied entertainment deserve great kudos.   

We are booked for Summit in May, a 9 nighter.  Can we expect to see the same productions, not counting the special performers?

Here is what we saw:

1.  Irish Tenors.   excellent

2.  Boogie Nights with the Celebrity performers and house band.  Fabulous, even though we are not disco fans.

3.  Carole's Kings.   Male singers featuring much of Carole Kings songs, and related.  Superb

4.  Take Two:  female violin and piano entertainers.  Very good

5.  Elton John show.  Singer/pianist with the house band.   excellent and better than expected

6.  Magician.  Entertaining and OK

7.  Mark Donaghue musician.  Guitar, harmonica, violin, piano.  Accompanied by the house band.  Superlative.  He was so popular Celebrity added a daytime matinee performance.

8.  Carole's Kings.  Good again, performing a wider range of songs.

9.  Hollywood Tribute show by the cast.  Four house singers and band.  Terrific

10.  Salute to Broadway, a full cast show.  Wonderful

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, patty1955 said:

Any acrobats or aerialists? 

I was on the same cruise, no acrobats or aerialists. I'm 64 and my wife is 66, we both thought the shows were ok to good, but not great. Our last cruise was on the Eclipse to Hawaii in 2019 and we both thought the entertainment on that cruise was much better. The changes to entertainment may have been related to COVID, the ship or itinerary. Just my two cents. 

We were on the 2/7 and thought the entertainment was fantastic. We had a completely different set, except for crew shows. Ours were the Boy Band Experience, Buddy holly Tribute show, Whitney Houston tribute show, acrobats/aerialist, Violinist and Magician.  Have always thought this is one of Celebrity’s strengths. 

I board on March 21st.  The production shows are usually not something that interests me.  I do however enjoy the live music and hope the bands, duo’s and guitar player are good.  Best part of the cruise is sitting at the back of the ship, glass of wind in hand listening to live music.

I was in the same cruise and completely disagree 

Carole’s Kings didn’t appeal the first time so why would I want to see them twice ??

The magician was less than average - think kids Xmas magic 

Elton John - ok

Mark Donahue May have been undersold as the write up about him didn’t appeal

the best entertainment was in the foyer in the last night by the on board team 

We greatly missed the acrobats and a comedian 

• Haha 1

All shows offered are were very good-excellent.  However, like RCL I was hoping X would have one Broadway show but I've yet to see any offered; no comedians on my last sailings either.   Boy Band Experience was well done, but after the third song I realized I didn't want to be in a show listening to boy band hits back to back to back, etc...lol

I have to say I'm not big on the aerialist stuff anymore but the first time I saw them I was totally freaked out.  There is really only so much they can do in that setting and it seems like it's really kind of the same each time. 

We were on the Equinox for 21 nights, debarked Feb 20.  The production shows were LIFE, TOPPER and a Broadway highlights show.  The cast was phenomenal, honestly the best singers of any production cast on Celebrity we've seen, all 4 of them were insanely talented.  The production cast was leaving when we did, a whole new cast was already on board and practicing all new production shows.  I don't actually know what they are, and I'm too lazy to get onto the current roll calls to look!  But we had already seen LIFE, TOPPER and the same Broadway highlights show, before the pandemic hit, so they've been circulating for quite a while, and I am thus excited to (hopefully!) see completely different shows when we are back cruising in a few months, on other Celebrity ships.  We always love the production shows and we always go to whatever guest performer happens to be on offer, the other nights.  Some are more to our taste, others not so much, but we are very happy to experience the outstanding quality of what Celebrity has put forward - quality is always high - and always more enriching than sitting on our couch at home watching the telly!  

We got on equinox as got off.  We only had one cast show and 6 singers did a broadway favourites.  We had bought in entertainers.  The production cast were not around the ship at all.  The activity team had to work very hard - day and night.  We enjoyed our entertainment and had a comedian that did 2 shows in celebrity central both of which were excellent.   I did missed the acrobats and aerialists.  Horses for courses!