On Equinox now Solarium ?

39august

No roll call for this week's EQ cruise. So asking here. Anyone aboard EQ today, please advise if the Solarium has a sign showing "family hours" or if children are being seen there on this cruise. Last week several people posted that children were being allowed in at various times of the day and evening. We will not be happy if this is happening during our May cruises. 

I am aware of that. Apparently last week's Caribbean cruise had good weather all week, but children were definitely in the Solarium pool per several different pax. Just hoping this random allowing of children is not continuing.  Someone did post that there was a sign about allowing children, but did not post what the wording of that sign was. 

maybe some kids and family members have to stay out of the sun.

these days I prefer some kids to some adults who grumble about politics or their health.

That said, I would not want to see more than a few random kids that are quiet and well behaved.

• Thanks 1

I have not seen the sign since my husband emailed the CEO regarding kids in the adults only pool and his other issue from our Feb 20th sailing. It was on a movable stand and brought out every day last cruise. The hotel director resolved both issues.

The typical times where this is supposed to be permitted is when bad weather would limit the use of the outdoor pools to all, and limited hours may been posted on that day to allow families with children to use the Solarium as a result.  However, in our experience, it is not SOP to permit this randomly - and if it did occur during good weather days I would voice concern as well.  Fortunately, for those preferring to cruise in a more adult environment, the amount of families with children typically on Celebrity ships is relatively low to begin with.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We are onboard now. There are hardly any children on the ship at all. I have not seen any kids in the Solarium. Haven’t noticed a sign, but I’ll look more closely next time. Just feel incredibly blessed to be living this life right now when others are facing such horrors. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lhsail said:

We are onboard now. There are hardly any children on the ship at all. I have not seen any kids in the Solarium. Haven’t noticed a sign, but I’ll look more closely next time. Just feel incredibly blessed to be living this life right now when others are facing such horrors. 

And just to confirm - the policy is to not allow children in the Solarium as it is an adults only venue.  The exception to this, as mentioned previously, is if the weather is bad for the outdoor pool they may post signage to allow families with children limited hours access to the Solarium.  But this is not something that should normally occur otherwise.

Enjoy your cruise.

snowballsmom, So if this occurs during our EQ cruise, we should talk to the hotel director? I fully understand the use of solarium pool during certain hrs. if inclement weather, but don't wish to see this on any other days. 

4 hours ago, 39august said:

snowballsmom, So if this occurs during our EQ cruise, we should talk to the hotel director? I fully understand the use of solarium pool during certain hrs. if inclement weather, but don't wish to see this on any other days. 

I am thinking he would be the one to go to. My husband emailed the CEO, who then contacted the hotel director. However he had another issue that was a priority for him and he added the Solarium issue to it.