On Board Credit

LucyTX

I have an OBC from my travel agent, but it isn't available until I board the ship.  Is there anyway to book a Seabourn excursion now without using additional money?  This will be our first cruise with them,  wondering if excursions sell out?  If not, we can just book onboard.  Thanks!

39 minutes ago, LucyTX said:

I have an OBC from my travel agent, but it isn't available until I board the ship.  Is there anyway to book a Seabourn excursion now without using additional money?  This will be our first cruise with them,  wondering if excursions sell out?  If not, we can just book onboard.  Thanks!

No, there isn't.  You can book your excursions on the website and pay for them.  When you board go to customer services in Seabourn Square and they will apply the OBC and refund the excursions to your credit card.  Generally, the excursions do not sell out, except for very small group tours and zodiac tours.  

Marazul is correct.  But read past the first sentence.  

Yes- book using a credit card.  Then go to Seabourne Square to have a credit to you card and use the OBC.

If there is an excursion you want, do not wait.  They will often sell out.

The rest is just bookkeeping.  

• Like 1

The staff at Seabourn Square make it really easy to apply your OBC and have the refund to your card happen, so book now.  They can answer/resolve/take off your hands almost all issues related to the voyage.  They’ve created many “Seabourn Moments” for us by going above and beyond.

Slightly off-topic:  When our luggage didn’t arrive on our flight with us for a voyage last year, the Square staff took care of everything for us to ensure we’d get reunited with it; them taking it completely out of our hands so we could enjoy the voyage is one of a number of examples of how Seabourn provides an exceptional experience.  Hope you enjoy your sailing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree Seabourn Square is the go-to place for everything.

I just want to clarify what I think is the process. I don't believe the transfer of SBC is sent immediately to your cc for credit. I think the amount is credited to your onboard account, and at the end of the voyage, if there is a credit that is refundable, e.g., purchased shore excursions, then you will have a credit balance which will reflect on your next cc statement. So, you want to use up the non-refundable credit (from Seabourn) first.

Am I correct?

50 minutes ago, Mahogany said:

I agree Seabourn Square is the go-to place for everything.

I just want to clarify what I think is the process. I don't believe the transfer of SBC is sent immediately to your cc for credit. I think the amount is credited to your onboard account, and at the end of the voyage, if there is a credit that is refundable, e.g., purchased shore excursions, then you will have a credit balance which will reflect on your next cc statement. So, you want to use up the non-refundable credit (from Seabourn) first.

Am I correct?

Yes, you are correct.  In fact, it can be confusing if you have redeemable and non-redeemable OBCs sitting in your account - in some cases it can be hard to keep track due to the way the items are listed on the in-room TV account as well as the printouts (should you request it from SB Square).

Normally, guests want to use up their non-redeemable OBCs first.  When you pre-pay an excursion and then get it "refunded" on board, because you had prepaid on your credit card, this "refund" will then show up as a redeemable OBC on your account, and the excursion will then be charged against your non-redeemable OBC.  To make it easier, in the future, I'd ask for a refund of this redeemable OBC to my credit card or in cash right after it has been posted, in order to minimize the confusion with keeping track of my redeemable vs. non-redeemable OBCs.

Edited by sfvoyage

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, bitob said:

If you have refundable OBC (eg from a TA), does Seabourn refund it to you at the end of the cruise?

Cash?

Yes.  I have had $500.00 given to me in cash and not at the end of the cruise.  I just asked for it at Seabourn Square the day after I boarded and received it.  No problem at all.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been able to use OBC for pre or post trip excursions. Going on an expedition cruise since excursions are included I want to use it towards a pre trip excursion and transfers. but have been told it is only for use while on board.