Timing of Move Up Offers

5waldos

Although the website says that Move-Up bidding will be within 21 days of cruising- recently there have been a lot of reports here of bidding 2-3 months out. Is this because booking remains low? Or is this common?

There have been posts here about move up for sailing in May already. I guess I am wondering since I am not certain I will get an email so need to periodically check the website. It says 21 days but from what I have seen here it can be considerably earlier. What is the typical schedule?

We got Move Up emails about 6-7 weeks before out last 3 cruises.

I don’t think when you get the offer really matters, particularly if you are bidding on Suites or Aqua since those are generally not awarded until shortly before sailing.  

1 hour ago, Airbalancer said:

We on the Apex TA , April 30  haven’t seen any for a move up offer yet ,

we book an inside on the Reflection in Nov 2019 , and L&S to Apex

my wife would really love to get a balcony now 😄, there a couple hundred available 

You can log in to your account and go to Manage Reservation for your cruise and scroll down: if a Move Up Offer is open and you are eligible you can bid through there.  Not all TA’s participate so their customers are not eligible to bid.

I had 4 offers in for my March 19th cruise and over the weekend 3 expired and one is still pending which is the one I wanted the most AQ! Fingers crossed the move up fairy comes through and if not that's okay too. Just happy to be back on a cruise ship after 2 long years without.

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

You can log in to your account and go to Manage Reservation for your cruise and scroll down: if a Move Up Offer is open and you are eligible you can bid through there.  Not all TA’s participate so their customers are not eligible to bid.

This is where I saw the Move up Offer not in a email 50 days before my cruise but...wow the minimum bid is more than double what I would be willing to pay and that is considered a weak offer? I am happy with my cabin but still hoping as we get closer to the sale date they offer a better deal than this. (I have a Sky Suite)

I think anyone can bid on their own they do not need to involve a travel agent.

Edited by southernbreezes

15 hours ago, travlr21 said:

We got one today for our May 22 cruise. Lots of availability on it that I can see.

Our move-up offer for the Silhouette TA in April was accepting bids for many cabin categories. That does not accurately reflect the actual inventory of only 2. Of course that could change.

1 hour ago, sippican said:

Our move-up offer for the Silhouette TA in April was accepting bids for many cabin categories. That does not accurately reflect the actual inventory of only 2. Of course that could change.

I put in a bid too on AQ and Sky Suite for the Silhouette April 8.  There were 33 AQ cabins available as of yesterday.  Since we received OBC due to the price drop, we are willing to bid up to that amount for AQ.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jelayne said:

thanks for the info 
Nothing yet posted

3 hours ago, southernbreezes said:

This is where I saw the Move up Offer not in a email 50 days before my cruise but...wow the minimum bid is more than double what I would be willing to pay and that is considered a weak offer? I am happy with my cabin but still hoping as we get closer to the sale date they offer a better deal than this. (I have a Sky Suite)

We toyed with doing a Move-Up on a cruise we took in January, the prices were astronomical.

I think the algorithm takes into consideration how much you have already paid, among other factors. We had booked this not so long ago, but got a price reduction, so our per dime cost was pretty low, and we were trying for an upper suite. We ended up happily staying in our balcony cabin and buying the extras we wanted.

We asked our excellent and long-suffering TA a question about bidding, and he told us he has nothing to do with moveups

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golfinesq said:

I put in a bid too on AQ and Sky Suite for the Silhouette April 8.  There were 33 AQ cabins available as of yesterday.  Since we received OBC due to the price drop, we are willing to bid up to that amount for AQ.

Good luck - seems like you have a great chance!

We're in a C1, so the categories above that are pretty slim pickings.

On 3/10/2022 at 8:33 AM, southernbreezes said:

You are correct that the TA does not need to be involved when you make a bid.  It has been reported that booking made using certain TA’s are not  eligible to make a bid.  (Big Box TA is one example).
 This can get confusing.  Also all cruises do not offer the move up bid process. (At least in the past)

I confirmed with my TA when I recently one a bid that the TA gets additional commission on the bid amount.

13 minutes ago, Golfinesq said:

We just ordered our Binax Now Antigen tests.  We ordered 2 more for returning to the US since we are staying in London for a few days after the cruise.

Just been announced by the UK government. From 04.00 on Friday no pre arrival tests or forms required for entry. Don't know what Celebrity will do but. Welcome to Britain.🤣

• Like 1

16 hours ago, zap99 said:

Just been announced by the UK government. From 04.00 on Friday no pre arrival tests or forms required for entry. Don't know what Celebrity will do but. Welcome to Britain.🤣

For fully vaccinated travellers.  Unvaccinated still have to test. Wish it was the same going in the other direction.  Still have to test 1 day flight to Miami. 

• Like 3

just an update.  I checked the status of our move up offers and it shows that the Sky Suite offer has expired, the Aqua Class offer is Pending but I am unable to modify or cancel my offer.  I called Captain's Club who said the offer is under review.  Does anyone know what that means?

So, I've never considered trying to bid on a suite using Move Up before. We have Concierge Class on our Hawaii to Vancouver cruise which includes everything already, plus lots of OBC from our TA. It was booked ages and ages ago and we got a sweet, sweet deal.

But, I got the move-up email today and going from our CC cabin to a Sky Suite would be a total of $1200 for the both of us (I'm definitely not bidding more than the minimum because I'm still not convinced it's worth the extra cost and I'm really happy with where we are).

So, could someone please remind me what bidding (and possibly getting) a suite this way offers? I know we don't get the extra suite points per day, but are the rest of the amenities also not included?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

So, I've never considered trying to bid on a suite using Move Up before. We have Concierge Class on our Hawaii to Vancouver cruise which includes everything already, plus lots of OBC from our TA. It was booked ages and ages ago and we got a sweet, sweet deal.

But, I got the move-up email today and going from our CC cabin to a Sky Suite would be a total of $1200 for the both of us (I'm definitely not bidding more than the minimum because I'm still not convinced it's worth the extra cost and I'm really happy with where we are).

So, could someone please remind me what bidding (and possibly getting) a suite this way offers? I know we don't get the extra suite points per day, but are the rest of the amenities also not included?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

If you are happy where you are, take into consideration that you may be assigned a cabin in a less than desirable location. 

Generally, the itinerary you are on is very popular and upper level cabins very scarce, but you never know.

On 3/15/2022 at 3:46 PM, sippican said:

If you are happy where you are, take into consideration that you may be assigned a cabin in a less than desirable location. 

Generally, the itinerary you are on is very popular and upper level cabins very scarce, but you never know.

Thanks. I like our cabin a lot and hubby just couldn't see the appeal in the suite "amenities" since we have Premium Drinks, wi-fi, tips, OBC. We love the ship and being out and about. No sense having a larger room than we do when we're rarely in it.

• Like 1