Verifly for CARNIVAL for all US ports

sunonfire

I downloaded the verifly app and all was  well but the 12345 instructions are cut in half. I can only read partial sentences . May just scrap the whole thing . They offer no address or phone number to ask for help.

Edited by 1BDNANA
misspell

So is there a separate line for Verifly users or not?  Specifically asking for the Galveston terminal.  We have a cruise coming up in April.  We showed paper copies of all required docs for our DEC 2021 cruise - no problem at all.  Paper always works!  If no separate line for Verifly, not sure how much time this is saving?

3 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

So is there a separate line for Verifly users or not?  Specifically asking for the Galveston terminal.  We have a cruise coming up in April.  We showed paper copies of all required docs for our DEC 2021 cruise - no problem at all.  Paper always works!  If no separate line for Verifly, not sure how much time this is saving?

And I'm curious as to how that works at Port Canaveral (Liberty @ new terminal) as well.

Tom

4 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

So.... one can get tested now between 2 and 3 days (48-72 hrs) prior? When did that change?  I noticed the 72 hours in the Verifly app, but still thought that Carnival had a 2 day window.

Tom

2 hours ago, famof4togo said:

Three days is now ok if you are boosted.

It is okay to be tested within three days for persons who are up-to-date with vaccinations.  This includes someone who was recently fully vaccinated but not yet eligible for a booster.

The change took place for cruises with departures as of March 1.

The following thread covers a lot of issues and questions regarding testing:

**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002 - Page 20 - Carnival Cruise Lines - Cruise Critic Community

Edited by day-day

On 3/10/2022 at 4:26 PM, Trueblueky said:

I looked at it. Program doesn't work with Kindle, my computer, my flip phone.

The world wants me to buy a $1,000 phone. I'd rather spend that money cruising.  Looks like paper for me.

Flip phone said it all

5 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

And I'm curious as to how that works at Port Canaveral (Liberty @ new terminal) as well.

Tom

Worked in the old terminal for our cruise on the Elation.  My guess is the new terminal needs some addtl HP

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just found this thread. Cruising on Legend 22 May from Baltimore.  Don't need or want another app when paper is so much easier. When we sailed with RC from Baltimore 25March, we had paper and went though fine. It seems as if those with info on their phones has to strain for the rep to see it in the correct light, pass it back and forth, sign on and off apps like Navica and VeriFly. Paper would have been faster. 

10 hours ago, joyandjerry said:

Just found this thread. Cruising on Legend 22 May from Baltimore.  Don't need or want another app when paper is so much easier. When we sailed with RC from Baltimore 25March, we had paper and went though fine. It seems as if those with info on their phones has to strain for the rep to see it in the correct light, pass it back and forth, sign on and off apps like Navica and VeriFly. Paper would have been faster. 

I agree with you! We sailed out of Tampa last month. I had each of our passports, vax cards, and vax test papers all bundled together for each person. The guy even commented how much he loved my organization and he wished others did it that way. He was able to open our passport, look at our card & tests, and send us through. It truly took less than 2 minutes.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, joyandjerry said:

Agreed.  We have cruised three times since the restart.  The last one was on the Mardi Gras last week.  We didn't want to have to spend more time dealing with and uploading documents that we were going to have to take for backup anyway.  We took our vaccine cards in a holder designed for that, along with our passports and printed out copies of our proctored home tests.  When we arrived at the port, it didn't take anytime for them to look at our documents and send us on our way.  It would have certainly taken more time beforehand to upload all this information.

Used VeriFLY on our Mardi Gras cruise last month. No issues whatsoever, literally took seconds for the agent at the check-in to look at it and move on. Only piece of advice I have (which we learned from others here on Cruise Critic) is to have the app open and available BEFORE you enter the terminal. Mobile reception can always be spotty inside a large steel structure. We did also bring paper backups of everything just in case, but all 6 of us in our party had no issues with VeriFLY at all. Very quick and easy. 

• Like 1

Frankly, I enjoy various pre-cruise activities - it makes me feel like I'm getting closer and closer to our sail date. Thus, and I'm sure I'm an exception, I enjoy uploading the info to the VeriFLY app. It's like part of a cruise countdown, similar to the thrill I get when we're down to double digits !!

Tom

On 3/10/2022 at 3:45 PM, Tiger0613 said:

I refuse to use it.  I don't like having to download another app for every damn thing that comes along that is already done well in other ways.  Another app is also another place for my data to be hacked.

OH...there's an app for that....mindless and endless.

On 3/22/2022 at 11:34 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

Hello:

I did Carnival Freedom last week out of Port Canaveral. Was super easy. No separate line but the first stop is to review your documents... Instead of showing all my documents all I had to do was show my VeriFly pass. Quick and easy, no pain. They even asked if we had VeriFly.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DTL321 said:

Hello:

I did Carnival Freedom last week out of Port Canaveral. Was super easy. No separate line but the first stop is to review your documents... Instead of showing all my documents all I had to do was show my VeriFly pass. Quick and easy, no pain. They even asked if we had VeriFly.

Hope this helps.

Yes, thanks!

We've used it twice now (3/25 and 4/22 Liberty). It saved us a few minutes compared to our 3/11 sailing (without it). To me, it's worth the effort.

Tom

• Thanks 1

We have downloaded VeriFLY for our Mardi Gras cruise in January. We have our 2 kids with us who are not vaccinated at this point because they’re under 5.  So I’m selecting for them “no I’m not vaccinated, no I don’t have a company issued exemption letter”? They don’t have an exemption letter but they’re also not required to have one due to their age. I just don’t want to pick the wrong thing and have issues