Luggage tags

swansong

2 hours ago, TomBeckCruise said:

Ha, we received a new invoice from out TA a little while ago.  We are no longer on deck 8. Upgraded to deck 9  so the  luggage tags that we have cannot be used.

Oh well, it'll lighten the load.

Have you just changed decks or have you got a cabin upgrade too? 

9 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

@Jennefer Teegen I hope Regent (Corporate) realises the pre-cruise 'diy crafting' that Regent(UK) is imposing on its customers.

Embarrassing or what?

I totally agree.  Certainly not what you would expect from a luxury cruise line.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

@Boatmans Lady Excellent job 

@Jennefer Teegen I hope Regent (Corporate) realises the pre-cruise 'diy crafting' that Regent(UK) is imposing on its customers.

Embarrassing or what?

Thank you, and my dear other half has laminated them so the ink doesn't run. 

I think this is the first cruise, spanning 25 years that we haven't had ship boarding luggage tags even when all communication has been done via email. 

7 hours ago, Boatmans Lady said:

Thank you, and my dear other half has laminated them so the ink doesn't run. 

I think this is the first cruise, spanning 25 years that we haven't had ship boarding luggage tags even when all communication has been done via email. 

Oooh 'laminated'? I'm impressed!😉

I made do and used sellotape (or 'scotchtape' to our mates over the pond)😁

I purchased these vinyl holders to make our supplied tags a little more secure and convenient to attach to our bags prior to boarding.  Looks like we may have to go the DIY route if Regent doesn’t change their policy.🙁

EE14A64B-1822-4E87-9751-4FAA52472B2A.jpeg

Edited by RetroRod

I thought it was cheesy to not have them pre-printed with your cabin info - I mean, seriously - how difficult would that be??  But to not include ANY tags at all and to expect your passengers to either make their own or to fill them out dockside?

Nuts.  Totally nuts.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, flossie009 said:

@Boatmans Lady Excellent job 

Embarrassing or what?

Hello All,

Future Regent News. After the introduction of not giving luggage tags until arrival at the port of embarkation, it was found that after some initial teething troubles, it has been deemed to have been a great success. As a result of this, all cruise documentation will be via email and luggage tags will be issued to all passengers at the port of embarkation. We are sure that our passengers will find this to be beneficial for all going forwards.😀

Just checked the mail and gleefully opened the Regent Packet our TA sent ahead of our April 5 transatlantic on Splendor. And it includes luggage tags. After all we've been through the past 2+ years, the cruise just got real. Woo hoo!

misc.jpg

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Jlhalldc said:

Just checked the mail and gleefully opened the Regent Packet our TA sent ahead of our April 5 transatlantic on Splendor. And it includes luggage tags. After all we've been through the past 2+ years, the cruise just got real. Woo hoo!

misc.jpg

According to Regent UK on Wednesday it is only being trialed and they will reassess at the end of the trial but due to Covid and difficulties getting  information out this was being trialed. 

We then had a conversation about how could a bus load of people milling around trying to grab their cases, then collecting tags from a person, filling them in and attaching before handing cases back over, didn't really shriek luxury to me and wasn't prudent to social distancing. 

I also pointed out that we had sailed on other lines where all our documents were emailed and these included boat luggage tags that you printed off so there was no faffing around at the pier. 

To us, the arrival of our travel documents heralds the start of experience and cruise. The wallet Regent used to mail out set the company apart. 

I hope this isn't the start of a slippery slope of cutbacks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Boatmans Lady said:

According to Regent UK on Wednesday it is only being trialed and they will reassess at the end of the trial but due to Covid and difficulties getting  information out this was being trialed. 

We then had a conversation about how could a bus load of people milling around trying to grab their cases, then collecting tags from a person, filling them in and attaching before handing cases back over, didn't really shriek luxury to me and wasn't prudent to social distancing. 

I also pointed out that we had sailed on other lines where all our documents were emailed and these included boat luggage tags that you printed off so there was no faffing around at the pier. 

To us, the arrival of our travel documents heralds the start of experience and cruise. The wallet Regent used to mail out set the company apart. 

I hope this isn't the start of a slippery slope of cutbacks. 

I am sick to death of "due to Covid" - in other words an excuse to provide a mediocre service in cutting corners - get over it!🤨

Regent could start a new Onboard Activity, 'Make Your Own Luggage Tags' - paint, needlepoint, macramè, quilting....🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, Huggsy said:

I am sick to death of "due to Covid" - in other words an excuse to provide a mediocre service in cutting corners - get over it!🤨

Regent could start a new Onboard Activity, 'Make Your Own Luggage Tags' - paint, needlepoint, macramè, quilting....🤪

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, swansong said:

I have today written to the MD Regent UK asking for him to review the situation as it seems to be only happening in the UK. If and when I receive a reply I will summarize here.

I'll be interested in the reply.

As I've already mentioned on this thread, last month when I enquired of Regent regarding luggage tags; the response was that they weren't available as most staff were still working from home. I assumed (and we all know where that gets you!🤪) that it was a temporary measure. After alighting the coach; instead of just walking over to the terminal we had to claim our cases, receive a tag, fumble for a pen, then attach it. What if it's wet? Not a good look - rain or shine. 🤨

My TA said that Regent weren't sending out luggage tags, so she kindly sent me some of theirs which I can at least complete before we leave home.  I've no desire to be scrabbling around at the pier filling in tags especially after I've gone through all the stress of fulfilling the pre cruise requirements!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJANDH said:

I have just received a package from Regent for my Voyager cruise on April 15. It came complete with luggage tags. Things getting back to normal.

Are you in the USA? 

It's us Brits that aren't getting anything from Regent. It's supposedly a trial and because of Covid. 

I’m wondering what happens to luggage  of cruisers in   RSSC pre cruise Hotels the day before boarding.  Usually the luggage needed to be tagged and left outside hotel room late evening for collection and delivery to Ship. When collected we didn’t see our luggage again until we got to our suite. All part of the inclusive service, one would think.

I guess I’ll have to see what arrives or doesn’t arrive from RSSC over the next few weeks. April 20th cruise getting nearer.

Stefken: 

Referencing previous Posts 9,10, and 39--

Small, but important point--

Regent's pre cruise Hotel protocol over the past seven or eight years--at least--has been to place luggage INSIDE the room near to the front door NLT 1000H on embarkation day for pick-up by Staff.

Previous procedure was to put the luggage in the hallway outside one's hotel door.  Probably a change in the interests of security. 

Again, suggest you don't wait to find out what arrives, or does not arrive in your pre cruise packet in a few weeks concerning BLANK baggage tags.  (Blank except for the Deck designation.)  Call your TA and Regent.  Request an answer--now. 

Good luck. 

GO ARMY!