Check in time... seems to be moving back from 30 to 45 days..yeah

kearney

Last December our check in time was 30 days prior to sailing... It had been 90... I noticed that I was able to check in for our upcoming April sailing 45 days prior. I wonder if this was just luck or if others have noticed the change... step by step we are getting back to normal...

It's been 45 days for a while now, except on ships that are still returning to service. I checked in 45 days early for my January sailing on the Equinox and was able to check in 45 days early for my two upcoming Summit sailings.

Our Silhouette  April 21 - Southampton to France/Spain/Portugal opened at 45 days but as of this morning (30 days) still can not select an arrival time.    It may have something to do with this being the first cruise out of Southampton.

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Our Silhouette  April 21 - Southampton to France/Spain/Portugal opened at 45 days but as of this morning (30 days) still can not select an arrival time.    It may have something to do with this being the first cruise out of Southampton.

I'm on the Eclipse 11 night Hawaii April 23rd and cannot check in yet. Was told may now be 20 days prior to sailing. 

11 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I'm on the Eclipse 11 night Hawaii April 23rd and cannot check in yet. Was told may now be 20 days prior to sailing. 

I think that would be just about right if they are activating Eclipse back into service.   I have a feeling they are probably still sorting out the Canadian Covid testing guidelines.

What's strange on our is the 1st cruise the 4/8 Silhouette TA it opened exactly at 45 days including section of check in time.   The next Cruise April 21 opened for check in at 45 days and have already had my Covid Status checked.   For me it really doesn't matter about check in time since I'm on a B2B, but always complete the check in for all segments.

8 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think that would be just about right if they are activating Eclipse back into service.   I have a feeling they are probably still sorting out the Canadian Covid testing guidelines.

What's strange on our is the 1st cruise the 4/8 Silhouette TA it opened exactly at 45 days including section of check in time.   The next Cruise April 21 opened for check in at 45 days and have already had my Covid Status checked.   For me it really doesn't matter about check in time since I'm on a B2B, but always complete the check in for all segments.

For me it only matters that I get an early boarding time slot as flying Toronto to Vancouver and with time difference I arrive 8:45 am. Since this will be Eclipses first sailing there won't be anyone getting off the ship.  

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Probably more to do with the fact that they can't decide on testing