Room Decor bought through cruise (do we put it up ourselves or do they do it for you?)

1 minute ago, letstrythisplace said:

Hi All.

I know on Royal Caribbean you need to put the room decor bought from the cruise up yourself, is that the same for Carnival or do they put the decorations up for you?

Yes you have to put it up yourself. 

4 hours ago, yogibear said:

When we have gotten the decorations, Carnival puts them up before you get to the room.

Karen

Same for us. DH got the honeymoon package on our honeymoon cruise, and the room was decorated when we arrived. This was pre-Covid. 

Carnival staff definitely decorate the rooms with purchased packages.  Most recently on a mid-February cruise with my dear daughter, her hubby sent "Happy Anniversary" decorations for our cabin.  Yes, I am that mom that accidently booked my yearly cruise with my DD during her anniversary!  It was supposed to be a surprise for her and the person who was bringing it to our cabin to decorate kept finding us in our cabin.  The first time, someone knocked on our door and I answered, noticing a tray of fun stuff.  The person said she would come back later w/o an explanation.  I mentioned this to my DD and we figured out what was going on.  Then, it was so cute b/c they would call our room, one of us would answer, they would reply "Sorry, wrong room," and then try calling back later.  So, after a couple of phone calls, we left our room so they could put up the surprise.  LOL!  It was very nice and so adorable that they kept wanting to keep the surprise.  

• Like 1

We took a birthday cruise in August and I purchased the Carnival b-day package for my SO. It was already set up when we arrived in the cabin and a really nice "surprise" to my SO - though the cake took longer to arrive (looked like they had a lot of them on the cart to deliver!). They also included a small photo album and fun Carnival beach towel set up on the bed.

That's so sweet. I used to be able to see the birthday décor option but it's vanished now from cruise planner. If someone has purchased it already for your cabin would it vanish? I'm wondering if my in-laws may have purchased a birthday room décor package as a surprise for my husband.

I bought the Happy Anniversary package for my mom and her husband's cabin.   It was getting late on The Day and they still hadn't hung the decorations. 

A little later my mom told me that they'd hung the decorations in the cabin while she was away...and while HE was sleeping!  😮  

• Haha 3

We have bought decorations before from cruise and back then they criss crossed across room. Halfway thru cruise husband finally clothelined himself pulling a strand down- mr.obvious moment- they are hung up by magnets as ceiling is metal. doh…half a week of ducking under 🙄 Still have centerpeice and reworked strands for other occasions at home. 

So if “fireproof” rated likely can bring something to hang by magnets. 

On 3/15/2022 at 10:17 AM, letstrythisplace said:

Wow that's some stealth moves.😯

No kidding!   He was a very deep sleeper (and around 80 y/o at the time), but I couldn't believe they even attempted it.  

On 3/11/2022 at 3:53 PM, letstrythisplace said:

Hi All.

I know on Royal Caribbean you need to put the room decor bought from the cruise up yourself, is that the same for Carnival or do they put the decorations up for you?

As an aside, Royal has always put up the decorations for us.  They did so for us recently, I ordered the birthday decor package for my husband, as we were sailing on his birthday, and it was up when we went to the room at 1:30pm.  I just assumed all the lines did that.

On 3/25/2022 at 7:31 AM, MandyMooToo said:

As an aside, Royal has always put up the decorations for us.  They did so for us recently, I ordered the birthday decor package for my husband, as we were sailing on his birthday, and it was up when we went to the room at 1:30pm.  I just assumed all the lines did that.

I've heard from different people that their room decor wasn't placed up for them on their Royal Caribbean cruise so it sounds like they aren't consistent.