How to redeem Promotional Dining Credits on Speciality Dining Reservations

2inSETexas

We were looking at making pre-cruise reservations for our upcoming Alaska cruise and wanted to use the complimentary dining credits. How do we do that? I selected a restaurant and date/time, but nothing appears on any page, including the payment page, to indicate using the dining credit? The instructions need to be better at using these.  Thanks.

When you log onto HAL website, select My Bookings and then select your cruise from those you have booked.  Near the top, middle of the page listing your itinerary etc. under Promotional Credits, you will see what credits you have available. There is a link next to the dinning credits available that says redeem credits. After selecting "Redeem Credits" you will be brought to a page listing the restaurants available. When you put in the date and time and select Reserve there should be a drop down on the next page that you need to click on and select the passengers for whom you'd like to redeem credits. Sorry I can't be more detailed as my credits have been used but it is that drop down arrow you need to select to see the option to use the credits.

Hopefully, someone else can give you a better explanation!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea42 said:

After selecting "Redeem Credits" you will be brought to a page listing the restaurants available.

This takes you to the list of ALL restaurants, not just those that will accept the dining credits. If you do not see the option to use Complimentary Dining, then that restaurant is not included in your included perks,

The drop down list is on the same page as selecting day and time. You must select "Use Complimentary Dining" AND the names of those whose credits are being redeemed. Then the oprice changes to "0.00" and you will not be charged.

58 minutes ago, Woofbite said:

Looking at my reservation it appears the only restaurant available for complimentary dining is the Canaletto.  Does that seem reasonable that that would be the only one?

Check your confirmation. It will list your perks on the last page.

Is there a way to link dining reservations with another couple when booking online and use the dining credits?  We're traveling with another couple who also have credits for specialty restaurants.  I'm not seeing a way to do that.  Our cruise reservations are linked.  

Hello, 2inSETexas,

When we were on Rotterdam in December, we used a travel agent to book our cruise. Because we were celebrating birthdays and an anniversary, I called HAL to book our 4 specialty dining events (worth every penny), two free, two out of pocket. It was done in a few minutes and it all worked out well.

Jim

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrandmaOhio said:

We have 3 dining credits according to the website.  I have tried making reservations for both Pinnacle and Caneletto but do not see anywhere to redeem the credits 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

When you go to the date you are interested in reserving.  You make it like you are going to buy it.  Then it will show your credit available to use.  Click on that name and it reserves it for free.  Shows up in the cart as free.

1 hour ago, 2inSETexas said:

I appreciate the several suggestions. However, none of the online suggestions are working. I guess I will make the phone call as the website is not cooperating as described above.😒

How far out is your cruise? I can not make ours yet for 2023.

Here's a post that shows the screen you should see when you go to book complimentary dining. Be sure to click the drop down arrow next to 'Use Complementary Dining?' and check-mark the boxes:

• Like 1

I don’t see a way to use the credits that I have.  I called HAL last month and was told there is a glitch in the system which they hope will be fixed by mid March. Apparently, from what I’m seeing here, it works for some but not for others. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
2 hours ago, Suzanne123 said:

Is there a way to change your promo dining date on line? Thanks.

I think I checked reservation time for my desired time and then canceled and rebooked ASAP.

Not 100% sure how I ended up doing it, but guest services was quick to respond.  I called them and I know I had to rebook a spa treatment via cancel and rebook.  Can't remember how I changed a reservation to Pinnacle.  Either way it was relatively painless.

• Like 1

On the HAL Website, you can cancel a dining reservation from My Itinerary. Under each dining reservation is the option to cancel the reservation. Before canceling, be sure the time you want is still available. Once you have decided what time you are willing to change to, cancel the existing reservation.

The credit will be returned quickly. You may have to refresh the screen to see it. Once canceled, you can then book for the time you want. Don't wait too long, especially if there were few times available.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 3:48 PM, 2inSETexas said:

We were looking at making pre-cruise reservations for our upcoming Alaska cruise and wanted to use the complimentary dining credits. How do we do that? I selected a restaurant and date/time, but nothing appears on any page, including the payment page, to indicate using the dining credit? The instructions need to be better at using these.  Thanks.

Most times I have been able to book online, but I have had problems in the past where it would let me book some but not all my credits, on those occasions I call guest services. Just have your booking # available and they can see all you credits.

1-800-541-1576 or 1-206-626-8602
Monday - Friday 7:00am to 5:00pm (Pacific Time)

The other option I have used is wait till I get on ship. The downside to this is you may not get the times you want. When doing this you will find that reservations have been made by the ship and they will be on a card in your room. I then take these slips to the stations set up on the first day and change to them to times as close to what we want that are available.