availability of Apple products on board

AliceS

• AliceS changed the title to availability of Apple products on board
15 minutes ago, AliceS said:

Was recently on Equinox and they had no Apple products.  Is this fleet-wide, or do other ships have availability?   Thanks, Alice

Others have said they see products available but they are a generation or two behind and not worth the $

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Others have said they see products available but they are a generation or two behind and not worth the $

Unless you have a lot of OBC that you’ll lose if you don’t use. 

Been on both the EDGE and APEX (the APEX just a couple of weeks ago).  They have a few Apple products, but it’s slim picking.  The sales person in the Apple store on the APEX a couple of weeks ago said they have the same stock they had two years ago right before the COVID shutdown.  They’ve slowly sold inventory off (usually because someone had lots of OBC), but there were no discounts.  I think he said he had 1 Apple Watch 5 in stock, a couple of iPad 10.7” and a couple of Intel MacBooks.  

He also said they wouldn’t restock until all the inventory is sold fleet wide.

They aren’t offering any deals even though the stock the have is generations behind.  But, I guess if you have some OBC and nothing else you would like to spend it on, might be worth picking something up in their store.

Edited by graphicguy

10 minutes ago, Poconolady said:

Do they sell replacement charging  cords?

Last time I was on they had cables and chargers. I have been buying those if I have surplus OBC. There is no guarantee though. There used to be a lot more product available. Not sure why Celebrity is continuing reselling Apple products. They don't seem to be trying anymore. 

I can't help but wonder if they are phasing out the Apple stores... on Silhouette they replaced that location with more cabins and moved the lounge to deck 5..I didn't even notice apple products ..although I assume they had some back in the corner.

Just in case someone can find an Apple product on board and have too much NON refundable OBC like we had. We purchased these all with that type of credit while on board Edge and Equinox. While waiting for the IT expert to finish talking to the people ahead of us, he finished his sales pitch with offering an extra 5% discount. Which we immediately wanted to take advantage of, but had to wait until we left port in Ft. Lauderdale. There were only 2 showing in the case and we were afraid there would be more guests on board with too much OBC. All those below were purchased these past months. Still unopened.

P.S. Don't fail to ask for this extra 5% discount you heard about from a CC poster. One relief IT had to ask his superior, took our room number and got back to us with the OK.

IMG_1722.jpg

Edited by morpheusofthesea

2 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Just in case someone can find an Apple product on board and have too much NON refundable OBC like we had. We purchased these all with that type of credit while on board Edge and Equinox. While waiting for the IT expert to finish talking to the people ahead of us, he finished his sales pitch with offering an extra 5% discount. Which we immediately wanted to take advantage of, but had to wait until we left port in Ft. Lauderdale. There were only 2 showing in the case and we were afraid there would be more guests on board with too much OBC. All those below were purchased these past months. Still unopened.

P.S. Don't fail to ask for this extra 5% discount you heard about from a CC poster. One relief IT had to ask his superior, took our room number and got back to us with the OK.

IMG_1722.jpg

Now I know why there were none left for me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, kearney said:

I can't help but wonder if they are phasing out the Apple stores... on Silhouette they replaced that location with more cabins and moved the lounge to deck 5..I didn't even notice apple products ..although I assume they had some back in the corner.

The did move the iLounge but if I remember they have a dedicated Apple Shop for products only in the Galeria Botique shopping area.   I stopped by on my last cruise and chatted about what models they had.

Haven't seen good stock and current products on any ship ever since they started sailing again. I feel like the shop associated with iLounge is becoming redundant. I needed some very basic equipment on the last sailing as I forgot a cable at the hotel and my mouse crapped out but iLounge had none of it to buy.

I know that they had a few classes of some kind on one cruise that I was on. I hate to say it, but while I have had an iphone since 2007... I know that I could learn more about its functionality.. would be nice if whomever works the apple products could teach classes for those of us that have one foot in tech... I don't recall classes on other cruises.... the one I recall might have been on an Edge maiden voyage...