Celebrity supervised Covid testing accepted to enter canada

jimbob312

Wondering if the royal caribbean/celebrity supervised Covid test ,antigen, that you purchase thru them is accepted to enter canada. If so, how are the results of the testing furnished to you upon completion of the test

The tests purchased through Optum via Celebrity provide results in an app/web portal. the App is called Navica.  You can print the results if you need to provide a paper copy. The results include the date/time the specimen was collected and the result was reported, the test result, the type of test (Antigen) and the manufacturer of the test, along with your name & DOB.

I do not know if these tests are acceptable to enter Canada as I haven't been following the requirements that Canada has set out.

Keep in mind we had our covid testing done on March 5th Port Everglades terminal 25 and never received our email with the testing results. In order to board our Air Transat flight we had to quickly get retested at Fort Lauderdale airport for $59 US each. I have requested a refund from Celebrity but nothing received as yet. I would wait at the testing site until I received the results. The airport is a few minutes away

Canada made some changes as of 7 March 2022 for cruise ships. Our cruise leaves from Seward, AK to Vancouver BC. Celebrity's website states "All vaccinated guests must present a negative COVID-19 test result taken as either as an Antigen or PCR test conducted within two days of embarkation and complete a health questionnaire prior to sailing."

Then I go to the Canada's changes. "Passengers being required to take a COVID-19 molecular test within 72-hours before boarding a cruise ship OR take an antigen test within one day of boarding a cruise ship." Is this statement meant for cruise ships leaving from Canada or will it apply to Seward, AK.

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2022/03/government-of-canada-announces-the-new-public-health-plan-for-cruise-ships.html

I had planned to do a antigen at home before leaving for pre cruise tours out of Seward. 

2 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

Canada made some changes as of 7 March 2022 for cruise ships. Our cruise leaves from Seward, AK to Vancouver BC. Celebrity's website states "All vaccinated guests must present a negative COVID-19 test result taken as either as an Antigen or PCR test conducted within two days of embarkation and complete a health questionnaire prior to sailing."

Then I go to the Canada's changes. "Passengers being required to take a COVID-19 molecular test within 72-hours before boarding a cruise ship OR take an antigen test within one day of boarding a cruise ship." Is this statement meant for cruise ships leaving from Canada or will it apply to Seward, AK.

https://www.canada.ca/en/transport-canada/news/2022/03/government-of-canada-announces-the-new-public-health-plan-for-cruise-ships.html

I had planned to do a antigen at home before leaving for pre cruise tours out of Seward. 

Two separate but related issues here.

For cruises sailing from Canada, the GOC's testing regulations take precedence. Celebrity has not adjusted its website to reflect the new requirements, continuing to provide US and Galapagos Travel Requirements but as yet not showing anything for Canada, Europe or elsewhere.

Second, it's my understanding that cruises from any foreign port arriving in Canada will be subject to the requirement that they be tested aboard before disembarking, but the cruise lines regulations for embarking in the country of origin would apply. So a cruise from Boston, Hawaii or Seward would use Celebrity's existing pre-boarding testing requirements for these US ports, but Canadian regulations would kick in for the termination of the cruise in Vancouver, Quebec City, etc..

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2022 at 1:04 PM, Fouremco said:

Two separate but related issues here.

For cruises sailing from Canada, the GOC's testing regulations take precedence. Celebrity has not adjusted its website to reflect the new requirements, continuing to provide US and Galapagos Travel Requirements but as yet not showing anything for Canada, Europe or elsewhere.

Second, it's my understanding that cruises from any foreign port arriving in Canada will be subject to the requirement that they be tested aboard before disembarking, but the cruise lines regulations for embarking in the country of origin would apply. So a cruise from Boston, Hawaii or Seward would use Celebrity's existing pre-boarding testing requirements for these US ports, but Canadian regulations would kick in for the termination of the cruise in Vancouver, Quebec City, etc..

Much of this no longer applies following the official announcement today that effective April 1st, vaccinated travellers entering Canada, whether by land, sea or air, will not require testing.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Homosassa said:

Yay!!!!!!! Now if only Celebrity drops the testing....

Just to be clear, Canada hasn't dropped the testing requirements for embarking on a cruise sailing from Canada, so even if Celebrity were to drop the requirement, they'd need to apply it for cruises from Canada.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1