Barclays Card, OBC and cheers

pohlerbear

Hello everyone

I am booked on a cruise with two friends in May- first post covid cruise so I am out of touch with a few things.  I've read that you can use your OBC ahead of time now for excursions and cheers- we got $100 OBC at booking so I've already figured out where to redeem it online.

I have enough rewards on our Carnival mastercard to get $200 OBC and would like like to purchase Cheers before we leave since its cheaper.  Will this OBC show up ahead of time now as well? In the alternative, I guess I can buy gift cards (digital) to apply to Cheers? 

I don't know if there's a better way to do this. Thanks for any input. 

17 hours ago, kingston13 said:

Why not use the points for statement credit and charge the cheers

Hmmm I’ll have to look at that. Not sure what the rate is for statement credit but for the points I have I qualify for $250 obc or gift cards 

29 minutes ago, fireresq15 said:

Barclay does not show up in your obc. You need to go to guest services once on board with your confirmation code to be applied.

Thank you for your response.  I was wondering if it was different now that Carnival allows you to use OBC online before the cruise. I will just buy a gift card and redeem it for cheers before my cruise to get the cheaper price. 

Also I've never had to go to guest services to get it applied. I've always had a paper in room and its just appears on my OBC automatically. 

On 3/15/2022 at 6:45 AM, pohlerbear said:

Hmmm I’ll have to look at that. Not sure what the rate is for statement credit but for the points I have I qualify for $250 obc or gift cards 

You do get double points for any purchase using the credit card also, we received a 10% credit after booking our shore excursions.