The Daily for Tuesday 03/15/2022

richwmn

3 minutes ago, dfish said:

Another thing:   Always appeal.  Always, always, always.   Even if you've already appealed.  Do it again.  Never take their answer as final.  Too many people do and then go without needed care and they get away with it.  

I'll be sure to mention it.  

2 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@StLouisCruisersAnother thought is to contact their state and National Congressional representatives for a nudge in the correct direction.

Thank you for the suggestion.

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Rich, next week's Koningsdam itinerary has been changed, but so far not the following week.  If you can't find it, let me know, and I'll email it to you.

please email, thanks

• Like 4

My career was in HR and benefits.  The last few years, even simple disability claims were unbelievably slow to get approved, and “just one more thing” became almost laughable.  One of the last ones I worked on was a severe accident with the employee in much the same situation as Jen.  I answered questions for the disability carrier, doctors responded promptly, but there was always something.  Our benefits broker (a major player) got involved, and none of us could get anything to move.  To my relief, the family finally got a lawyer who wrote one little letter discussing some of the finer points of the ADA specific to the case, and VOILA! 3 days and the money was flowing.  I know disability and long-term care coverages work differently, but sometimes you can reach out to a lawyer, and companies get a new perspective.  

As an aside, one of the issues that the insurer couldn’t seem to get their arms around was a Power of Attorney.  Even after the hurdle of getting one was managed, there were still issues, but that was a biggie. Please make sure your affairs are in order - I’ve decided that worst case is when you’re alive, but unable to effectively communicate.

I love retirement!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

Good afternoon, all!  I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that some of the Dailyites and their loved ones are having.  Tana never seems to get a break, and it is sad about Jen's problems.  Hope things get sorted, also for Jacqui, Jose and Marley and the others needing prayers.

I had a physio session this morning, and booked two more for next week, as we will be away for 2 weeks after that, and when we get back, the PT lady is off for 2 months in Australia.  Canada on the move!

Then the rest of the day seems to have been spent getting the cruise organized.  We are approved to disembark in Victoria, booked Club Orange, got an inside on deck 5 which I hope will suffice, got our flights to SD and a hotel for one night and a booking for covid tests the day before we fly.. All very last minute and our PCC couldn't do much about flights, etc. for us.  But it is done now and we can relax.  @Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, I wonder what the change to next week's itinerary is, and if it will affect either of our cruises.  Just hope they stick with Victoria as a port!

• Like 14

Thanks for sll the Daily updates.

@Lady HudsonBon Voyage.

@JazzyV sorry that you  are having eye problems, hope the Opthalmologist will have a solution for you.

@StLouisCruisershope that this worrying problem will be quickly sorted for Jen. 

@kazu thinking of you and sending hugs.

This morning the PM announced that the Borders will open to fully vaccinated Australians from 11.59 pm on April 12th, and  tourists from visa-waive r countries such as USA and the UK as from 11.59 pm May 1st, without having to isolate on arrival.

Unfortunately no mention of cruise ships, hopefully the cruise season will go ahead for our next summer.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good afternoon, all!  I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that some of the Dailyites and their loved ones are having.  Tana never seems to get a break, and it is sad about Jen's problems.  Hope things get sorted, also for Jacqui, Jose and Marley and the others needing prayers.

I had a physio session this morning, and booked two more for next week, as we will be away for 2 weeks after that, and when we get back, the PT lady is off for 2 months in Australia.  Canada on the move!

Then the rest of the day seems to have been spent getting the cruise organized.  We are approved to disembark in Victoria, booked Club Orange, got an inside on deck 5 which I hope will suffice, got our flights to SD and a hotel for one night and a booking for covid tests the day before we fly.. All very last minute and our PCC couldn't do much about flights, etc. for us.  But it is done now and we can relax.  @Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, I wonder what the change to next week's itinerary is, and if it will affect either of our cruises.  Just hope they stick with Victoria as a port!

As of today only the 3/20 cruise has changed.  There was speculation on another thread that Santa Barbara needed a few more days to get ready for us.  The 3/37 cruise schedule has not changed.  The cruise that begins 4/3 is the ones that goes to Vancouver.

They still haven't gotten the shore excursions in Santa Barbara posted, so we don't know what to do about our tour that shows booked for sea day.  😀

BTW, we're on deck just of the aft elevator lobby.

There is happy hour at 4 pm in the Crow's Nest and Billboard on Board.  Trivia is also in Billboard at 4 pm

Looking forward to seeing you.

Lenda

• Like 10

12 hours ago, AV8rix said:

Here I go, hijacking another thread.  Sorry about that.

Anyway, @Quartzsite CruiserLenda and @Vict0riannAnn, I'm also on the upcoming cruises on K'dam -- B2B on 3/27 through to Vancouver on 4/10.  Hope to meet you both.  

Glad you will be on board with us.  @Live4cruises will also be on for two cruises beginning 3/27.  We've been discussing a mini Daily M&G during happy hour one afternoon.  Plans have not been finalized.

Lenda

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, AV8rix said:

Here I go, hijacking another thread.  Sorry about that.

Anyway, @Quartzsite CruiserLenda and @Vict0riannAnn, I'm also on the upcoming cruises on K'dam -- B2B on 3/27 through to Vancouver on 4/10.  Hope to meet you both.  

Yes, I noticed you had posted on the roll call.  Nothing much seems to be happening there.  We must have a get together!😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1