Interior royal promenade stateroom

Tntt

We just booked a short 3 night cruise on the indy, we picked a  interior royal promenade stateroom with a window overlooking the promenade. I know there is nothing like a balcony room but we just wanted to book the least expensive right now. For those that have stayed in interior rooms Are these rooms decent? I don't want to fill like I'm staying in a box or closed in space. 

Edited by Tntt

5 minutes ago, Tntt said:

We just booked a short 3 night cruise on the indy, we picked a  interior royal promenade stateroom with a window overlooking the promenade. I know there is nothing like a balcony room but we just wanted to book the least expensive right now. For those that have stayed in interior rooms Are these rooms decent? I don't want to fill like I'm staying in a box or closed in space. 

They are fine as far as space.  In fact they seats near the window provide a lot of nice space for things.  You can hear noise from time to time if they play music for Promenade events.  As the ships return to normal, more of this will be happening.  If you nap or go to bed early this could be an issue. 

I was across from the cafe and on deck 6, against advise here it would be noisy. There are no parades or functions in the promenade. Unless you are directly over a bar I wouldnt worry. I like them myself. The regular insides the bed against the back wall I had to climb over the bed to answer the phone the sofa is so tight against the bed. These at least you can walk around the end of the bed. Fewer drawers but they are bigger which I liked, but I was solo so I loved them. Done one twice. Pre and post covid.

• Like 1

I've done the interior window once, I liked it but also had a higher up room, never really heard much sound from down below but one of the party nights and that didn't go late. 

Although I guess a tip would be to make sure you shut the curtains unless you want people across the way or down below to see everything you're doing, haha  

We have booked these a number of times for our kids when they were cruising with us and they are a very nice, spacious interior stateroom that with the large window overlooking the RP is an interesting alternative that provides an open feel compared to a standard interior.  Nothing wrong with them at all. Would suggest deck 8 as that is a little higher and more removed from the "street" level and noise.  Also remember to close your shades anytime you are dressing so as not to provide a show to those in the RP or across from you.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We've always enjoyed the Promenade cabins to look out the window down onto the Promenade. The highest windows on Deck 8, the window slants outward for a great view; on the other 2 decks is a straight window but still with good views. If you snag cabin #6305, that's the "cow butt suite" because it is above Ben & Jerry's ice cream shop and you'll look out at the cows' butts! LOL! To make up for the somewhat obstructed view from the cows, you are entitled to free Ben & Jerry's ice cream during the week and can enter the Concierge Lounge in the evening for happy hours (not sure if that has continued since Covid though). The whole cabin is decorated with black & white cow motif, which is really cute. The cow butt suite is only available on the Independence, Liberty and Freedom of the Seas ships. Whichever room you chose, have fun but do remember to shut your drapes! Cheers!

we've stayed in one on Indy a few years ago for four nights.  It was ok.  I wouldn't book it again.  It felt cramped compared to the balconies we are used to.  My wife didn't like how people could see into our room so we kept the blinds mostly closed the whole time.  We had a family disney trip planned and wanted to save some money and hadn't even planned on going on the cruise when a deal popped up and decided to give it a try.  I think if we had to go cheaper we'd just do an interior. Your mileage may vary.  

Dan

We've had 9 of the PR cabins and like them a lot. We usually try to book one on Deck 6 or 7 ACROSS from the pub. It's just like an inside, but with a bay window. There's a love seat right there so you can people watch or see the parade from the cabin. Just don't get one on Deck 6 OVER the pub or you will hear noise 'til 1am Just remember to close the blinds! We once got a "shot" to remember a few years ago. 

jd

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The regular insides the bed against the back wall I had to climb over the bed to answer the phone the sofa is so tight against the bed.

When I have an inside, I split the bed into two twins with the nightstands together in the middle -- makes the room seem bigger, because you can walk all the way from the door to the end of the room.

If you want to keep the king sized bed, you can ask the room attendant to push it up against the wall on one side, so you have a bigger walkway along one wall.

15 hours ago, Tntt said:

The Promenade View rooms are bigger than some hotel rooms I've stayed in.  

The window seat provides additional seating (or just room to set stuff), and the window can make it feel bigger. 

If you can handle a hotel room without a balcony, you should be able to handle a Promenade or Ocean View window room.