RCI European Sailing Protocols

26 minutes ago, exm said:

Don't forget this will definitely change for the summer months.

Why? The Copenhagen protocols were issued a few days back; implied for the season. 

I’m very happy with the continuation of testing before boarding, especially with unvaccinated children on board. JMHO.

Edited by little britain
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, little britain said:

Why? The Copenhagen protocols were issued a few days back; implied for the season. 

I’m very happy with the continuation of testing before boarding, especially with unvaccinated children on board. JMHO.

I think the key here is the 270 days between shots which is currently a requirement in some countries in Europe. This excludes folks that got 2 shots, or even an early booster. That will become a problem.

Not sure how testing and unvaccinated children are tied together. The vaccine has nothing to do with spreading or getting the virus. I want to bet you that my unvaccinated child, who recovered from Covid in January is much less of a risk on a cruise ship than the average 60 year old who's vaccinated.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, exm said:

I think the key here is the 270 days between shots which is currently a requirement in some countries in Europe. This excludes folks that got 2 shots, or even an early booster. That will become a problem.

The 270 day requirement is for the primary series of vaccinations.  Boosters do not expire

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, exm said:

Not sure how testing and unvaccinated children are tied together. The vaccine has nothing to do with spreading or getting the virus. I want to bet you that my unvaccinated child, who recovered from Covid in January is much less of a risk on a cruise ship than the average 60 year old who's vaccinated.

the rule is your primary vaccination series must not be more than 270 days old.....or if it is you must have had a booster, but the booser can be more than 270 days old, that does not (as of current rules) have an experiation date.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, xxHadleyxx said:

the rule is your primary vaccination series must not be more than 270 days old.....or if it is you must have had a booster, but the booser can be more than 270 days old, that does not (as of current rules) have an experiation date.

Correct

3 hours ago, yogini06 said:

I'd love to not worry about testing in Copenhagen this summer, but not holding my breath

5 hours ago, steamboats said:

I´d say the first port (Malaga?). That´s where you enter Spain the first time. But I remember from the Oasis TA that the passport control didn´t happen until Barcelona.

The EU PLF does not even have the option "coming from a non EU country by cruise to Spain".

Sorry, that I can´t light up your confusion on this question.

steamboats

On Harmony 2020 TA we stopped in Malaga and just got off. That was probably a mistake, but I did love Cordoba 😁

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Getting ready to cancel our Europe sailing in September, way to much to keep track of, Just isn't worth it to us. 

My feelings exactly.   The joy of cruises - seeing different places on one trip - has become a source of stress to me, with multiple countries' protocols to keep on top of.   In place of my canceled (actually postponed to 2023) European cruises, I am substituting a land vacation in one of the ports I would have visited.   Now I have only one country's protocols to pay attention to.

Best wishes to all who will be cruising Europe this year.  I will be following your reports. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

On Harmony 2020 TA we stopped in Malaga and just got off. That was probably a mistake, but I did love Cordoba 😁

Do you remember how hot it was in Cordoba the day you were there. Read its' very hot there?

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Do you remember how hot it was in Cordoba the day you were there. Read its' very hot there?

It was mid March, very pleasant 

Royal rarely goes that time of year

FWIW, I could have spent the entire day inside the Mezquita

4 hours ago, little britain said:

Same, even though it will be complicated for us to figure out testing. Worth it for the added layer of harm reduction.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, xxHadleyxx said:

exactly right

2 hours ago, lthrift said:

We are flighting out to Barca on the 13th.  Is it best to buy LFT from home and get a certificate from someone like RANDOX?

Yes, I have bought from Lloyds Pharmacy 

https://lloydspharmacy.com/products/fit-to-fly-lateral-flow-test-kit-with-verification-service?variant=39547708178495

Thank you for the updates. We will fly from Lisbon/Portugal to Barcelona one day before our cruise (May 6th) so probably we will be required to have test in Barcelona. Do you know if the antigen test is enough or do we need one pcr test? Thank you 🙂

4 minutes ago, framboesa said:

Thank you for the updates. We will fly from Lisbon/Portugal to Barcelona one day before our cruise (May 6th) so probably we will be required to have test in Barcelona. Do you know if the antigen test is enough or do we need one pcr test? Thank you 🙂

says antigen is fine, and 24 hours for a PCR is cutting it fine

image.png.ea785da65ffe8a579bfe95dac4196b3e.png

Edited by lthrift
  • Like 1

HAL recently announced their European protocols and are not doing embarkation testing, or any testing above government rules.

I hope Royal follows suit!  You don't currently need a test to enter Italy.  I wonder if the countries easing up on entry testing will mean that finding a place to test will become more difficult...

I am cruising on Odyssey June 5th from Rome.  I will be spending 2 weeks in France/Italy pre-cruise and so far the only test I might need to do will be to board the ship.  I won't need one to enter France or Italy, or even to return home to Canada. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, little britain said:

little Britain; do you think these tests will be what we will need in May? We are doing b2 b on Wonder of the Seas from Barcelona. But we are in Barca for 4 days before getting on the ship so would have to take the tests with us, also we will likely have to do tests before changeover day as well.Dianne

37 minutes ago, di T said:

little Britain; do you think these tests will be what we will need in May? We are doing b2 b on Wonder of the Seas from Barcelona. But we are in Barca for 4 days before getting on the ship so would have to take the tests with us, also we will likely have to do tests before changeover day as well.Dianne

Who knows what the rules will be in May but at £15 each I would take one with me to do as you are there for a few days beforehand. It seems that more and more testing facilities are being closed down and it’s becoming trickier ( and more expensive) to find places to do the tests. I’ve seen €45 for a test in Barcelona. 

When onboard RCI will you your b2b test for free! 
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/can-i-book-back-to-back-cruises-at-this-time