HOTEL INSIDE THE MIAMI AIRPORT......anyone stay here?

Lois R

Hi friends.🙂.....been a while since I have needed help......I see there is a hotel inside the Miami Airport......has anyone ever stayed here before? It is called The Miami International Hotel and is located on the 2nd floor. 

It looks pretty nice........I just need something for one night and will be arriving around 7:30pm and I had no idea the Miami Airport had a hotel inside!  They next morning I am flying home.......

Anyone know anything about it?

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi friends.🙂.....been a while since I have needed help......I see there is a hotel inside the Miami Airport......has anyone ever stayed here before? It is called The Miami International Hotel and is located on the 2nd floor. 

It looks pretty nice........I just need something for one night and will be arriving around 7:30pm and I had no idea the Miami Airport had a hotel inside!  They next morning I am flying home.......

Anyone know anything about it?

Funny you should ask... I stayed here about three weeks ago.  I knew I was coming into MIA after midnight and didn't want to fool around with transportation around town at that time of night.  So I booked a room here.  It was... kind of OK, not horrible.  Finding the hotel was a bit of a challenge and checking in was slow slow slow, even at 1:30 AM (or maybe because it was that time).  Things improved once I got to the room.  It was dated, but not too bad; snug, but not too small.  It had all the hotel room basics and was perfectly suitable for a 9-hour anonymous stay.  I recommend trying to get a Twin Single Room to avoid sticker shock.

P.S.  I'm surprised you're surprised that there are airport hotels.  All the cool airports have hotels attached!  DTW has one, so does MCO, LAX, YYZ, and many others.

Thanks for the reply🙂..........I appreciate it. I know many other airports have hotels inside but I am surprised because I did not know Miami had one, that's all.

• Thanks 1

Agree with "Honolulu Blue" (must be a Detroit Lions fan) that the hotel is OK.  It was probably very nice hotel in its day.  Rooms are small, but adequate and clean. In December we were flying from St Thomas to Detroit, through Miami.  We were delayed in St Thomas and missed our connection to Detroit.   Stayed there and fly out the next day.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the replies. Not sure about it. I know there is a Hilton and a Sheraton nearby and they both offer complimentary shuttles. Will take a look at them.

Again, thank you. 

I stayed at that Sheraton MIA Airport recently. It worked well for me. I had no problem grabbing the shuttle. Cross the first road after you walk out of baggage claim and you will see where shuttles pick up. I liked that I could check in on the app, open my room with my phone, and check out without having to go to the front desk. The app also also allows you to message the desk and get an immediate response if you need anything. I arrived at the property at about 8:30 pm mid week and I was able to get a burger and beer at the lobby bar.

If you are considering Sheraton look online at various sites for deals. I was able to find a great rate.

Also, I would recommend you let the property know you are arriving late so they are aware. If you do run into any issues with the shuttle the hotel is across the street from the car rental center / transportation hup and has a ppl mover that runs back and forth to the airport.

Recent reviews say the property could use some updating, I agree with that but like I said I got a good deal and it was perfectly fine for my overnight stay.

• Like 1

I have not stayed there, but have flown into MIA, had a business meeting in the hotel and flew out several hours later. The hotel as "fine", but not the quality of say the Hyatt Regency at MCO.

Given your times I'd choose the nearby Hilton, Marriott, Element, etc that have shuttles to and from the airport.

We stayed there a couple of years ago and agree with opinions in this thread.  We are booked again for end of April.  Our flight arrives around midnight Friday and we cruise from POM Saturday.  We have booked the cruiseline transfers and will be able to walk over and catch our ride with immediate access to cruise terminal when we get there.  It will beat wandering around Miami till check in appointment time, tired and crabby from our late night.

Yes, there are cheaper and better options for our hotel and transportation, but this is what will work best for us this time around.

• Like 1