European testing requirements released - 1 day before embarkation (not for sailings out of UK)

Coral

53 minutes ago, TnR4Fun said:

$100 is what Princess charges per person if you get tested at the Pier before getting on the ship... talking to Princess now and will let you know if they suggest other options.

What pier, what currency?

17 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thankfully my app issues have not been as severe as yours but it’s taken away the joy of preparing for a cruise. I’m hoping that our cruise sailing soon will be good & that it will help to put the pre-cruise difficulties in the rear view mirror…hopefully for you also. 🤞

I will email you privately tonight or tomorrow. Oddly - the app wasn't the issue. 

Hoping we both have great cruises!

• I have been taking advantage of the government program of sending 4 iHealth tests kits out every month.

https://www.covidtests.gov/

iHealth will video monitor those tests for $20.00 p/p.

https://ihealthlabs.com/products/ihealth-verified-covid-test-service

I asked them if this would be acceptable for embarkation on my upcoming Princess cruise.

Brian (iHealth Labs, Inc.) 

Mar 17, 2022, 4:06 PM PDT 

Hello,
Yes, our Verified Test can be used to fulfill the testing requirements of Princess Cruise Line, provided that you are fully vaccinated.
Customer Service Representative

iHealth Lab, Inc.
http://ihealthlabs.com

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dog said:

$350 was what member in another thread said his credit card charged after he disembarked, correct?r

He does not know what this charge is for,

right?

I am not speculating about anything, as you seem to be. 
It is unreasonable for Princess to go from no charge testing for Covid, as published when I booked cruise for March 28/22 to a nominal fee, at this late date. Tell us what fee is. 
is that clear?

It has not been confirmed that the $350 was testing related.

Edited by Billish

33 minutes ago, Billish said:

Princess have confirmed that testing at the pier in the UK will cost $60 per person. No cost yet given for European sailings.

Approved "monitored" tests available through Princess are charged at £30 each. 

Is that $60 US?

is it $60 Canadian?

would be helpful to be clear 

My husband and I are having a disagreement as to what "1 day before embarkation" actually means. I think it means the 24 hours before we board. So if we board at 11 am the test has to be after 11 am the previous day. My husband thinks it can be anytime the previous day or the day of boarding. Anyone know what Princess considers 1 day before? Anyone care to weigh in on what they think Princess means? 🙂

12 minutes ago, AlaskaGrown said:

My husband and I are having a disagreement as to what "1 day before embarkation" actually means. I think it means the 24 hours before we board. So if we board at 11 am the test has to be after 11 am the previous day. My husband thinks it can be anytime the previous day or the day of boarding. Anyone know what Princess considers 1 day before? Anyone care to weigh in on what they think Princess means? 🙂

If your cruise is April 2nd, your test must be on April 1st. Time is on our side when flying to Europe. Do not go by hours.

Husband wins this. They used to go by hours but it was too confusing.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, billco said:
    • I have been taking advantage of the government program of sending 4 iHealth tests kits out every month.

I asked them if this would be acceptable for embarkation on my upcoming Princess cruise.

Hello,
Yes, our Verified Test can be used to fulfill the testing requirements of Princess Cruise Line, provided that you are fully vaccinated.

iHealth Lab, Inc.

Thanks for the information. I had not seen this before.

Cynthia

10 hours ago, billco said:

Hello,

iHealth Lab, Inc.

I contacted iHealth and was informed that the monitoring can be purchased and used with tests you have but a laptop is required, their monitoring service is not supported on tablets or phones.

From the email response:

The device you use to complete the appointment MUST meet the following requirements:
u-WiGEiIIzA6O57zDOcfRmRPxCXe0nrHEkGuXYljHY14DIOP2Za6Mw-RMGDkHQhKzH8gSX3qSRiFUgBvDSto-ZCFe4eEHGUsAC7Umgh7E6GF18daY4vZZFhAMr2AGqU6IbDXXXvJ
1. Have stable wifi access to ensure a smooth virtual meeting.
HFC4FiOtCvBn25x_6xldSVbSdYNRv3beAeS1vaW3RB_OvTWpFV5KgKf__2bksFeFr1XwnGZW-4GZOhlzmChcSXkmOOZvlvePFmLFU_NmT4bImFtFFmyNhbC0zsu8YfUcR8Djw-Vn
2. You must use a device that is an internet-enabled laptop or desktop computer ONLY. Tablets and smartphones are NOT supported. 
fU9Ye7ta7AgGTeJ_RTCIljoPy6u1toDHvogMRxj7SV_8ufbQFlEptmHynz7DLjJecsZ81pMgM79Vto5Wc3thETcXbmveERYzUTp7PSsXHdA_JIqfYUL9BTaTdhyBGlvAC_-uycyu
3. You must have a working microphone AND a front-facing camera.
43Hf6W-5hSl5l1WlxRWYdi3gnLoTF5wpYfVnhJsOos8CNYE6XvB9vy1CdNHK9ftpe0Zg79wL6OdK8Z1Y6ZHXVNshdpuPEMl4tNqsUHB4R3I9ASIAXse9gyQaECuaR5jbjm5lhE7B
4. Browser: Google Chrome ONLY.

Edited by Schnauzerguy

22 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thankfully my app issues have not been as severe as yours but it’s taken away the joy of preparing for a cruise. I’m hoping that our cruise sailing soon will be good & that it will help to put the pre-cruise difficulties in the rear view mirror…hopefully for you also. 🤞

Ah, hell, travel hasn't been fu  since ce 9/11.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Schnauzerguy said:

I contacted iHealth and was informed that the monitoring can be purchased and used with tests you have but a laptop is required, their monitoring service is not supported on tablets or phones.

From the email response:

The device you use to complete the appointment MUST meet the following requirements:
u-WiGEiIIzA6O57zDOcfRmRPxCXe0nrHEkGuXYljHY14DIOP2Za6Mw-RMGDkHQhKzH8gSX3qSRiFUgBvDSto-ZCFe4eEHGUsAC7Umgh7E6GF18daY4vZZFhAMr2AGqU6IbDXXXvJ
1. Have stable wifi access to ensure a smooth virtual meeting.
HFC4FiOtCvBn25x_6xldSVbSdYNRv3beAeS1vaW3RB_OvTWpFV5KgKf__2bksFeFr1XwnGZW-4GZOhlzmChcSXkmOOZvlvePFmLFU_NmT4bImFtFFmyNhbC0zsu8YfUcR8Djw-Vn
2. You must use a device that is an internet-enabled laptop or desktop computer ONLY. Tablets and smartphones are NOT supported. 
fU9Ye7ta7AgGTeJ_RTCIljoPy6u1toDHvogMRxj7SV_8ufbQFlEptmHynz7DLjJecsZ81pMgM79Vto5Wc3thETcXbmveERYzUTp7PSsXHdA_JIqfYUL9BTaTdhyBGlvAC_-uycyu
3. You must have a working microphone AND a front-facing camera.
43Hf6W-5hSl5l1WlxRWYdi3gnLoTF5wpYfVnhJsOos8CNYE6XvB9vy1CdNHK9ftpe0Zg79wL6OdK8Z1Y6ZHXVNshdpuPEMl4tNqsUHB4R3I9ASIAXse9gyQaECuaR5jbjm5lhE7B
4. Browser: Google Chrome ONLY.

thank you so much for this information - I've got 10 of those iHealth tests.  What is the protocol for setting up a monitored test with them? (assuming that you have the equipment required above.)

40 minutes ago, miagirl said:

thank you so much for this information - I've got 10 of those iHealth tests.  What is the protocol for setting up a monitored test with them? (assuming that you have the equipment required above.)

From what I read you get a link by email to schedule after you register and purchase the service.  At this point I am too far out to have actually purchased the service.

On 3/19/2022 at 9:03 PM, miagirl said:

Scan the QR code on the box and go from there.

We are staying 5 days precruise in Rome.  I emailed our hotel and they can arrange either a PCR or antigen test for us.  They didn't give a cost and I didn't ask as I am not sure we will be using it. 

For us, having it done by Princess at the pier, even it if its $100 is well worth the convenience and not having to worry about it is even better! 

• Like 1

I am on Regal Princess right now.  Just asked Guest Service desk.  Testing at the Barcelona cruise port for embarking passengers for the 3/26 cruise will be $100, charged to your on board account.

I also asked about the test for flying back to the U.S. for disembarkation at Athens on 4/9.  This is information from the GS desk.  Free testing will be done on board on 4/8 for all passengers flying back to the U.S. on day of disembarkation, so, in this case, for 

• Like 1

a

Just now, chubbypiggy said:

I am on Regal Princess right now.  Just asked Guest Service desk.  Testing at the Barcelona cruise port for embarking passengers for the 3/26 cruise will be $100, charged to your on board account.

I also asked about the test for flying back to the U.S. for disembarkation at Athens on 4/9.  This is information from the GS desk.  Free testing will be done on board on 4/8 for all passengers flying back to the U.S. on day of disembarkation, so, in this case, for 

There will not be any free testing by Princess for those not flying back to U.S. on disembarkation day.  A few days before disembarkation, Princess will provide a website in which passengers can schedule their testing for 4/9 or later dates.  Princess will not cover the cost of that test.

So I wonder if you can bring your own self test (which if you ordered them through the gov't you got 4 free) and bring it to the ship and do in front of them. It'd be better than $100, if that was the price. Just thinking aloud here.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Thank you!

have they given you numbers of passengers on the next few cruises? I am embarking on 4/2.

On 3/18/2022 at 4:25 PM, Billish said:

What I don't understand is the illogical standards applied by Princess.

As a double vaccinated individual,  plus having had a booster jab, I need to show a negative test result within 72 hours of boarding in Southampton. No problem with that.  

But, when I board in Barcelona,  as I will be in May, I only have 24 hours within which to produce a negative test. Just why ?

Totally illogical and designed to cause anxiety and stress to everyone flying into Barcelona (or Rome or Athens ) for no reason whatsoever. 

Is anybody talking about, or is there another thread on, the obvious next question?  Even if you somehow work out the logistics to test one day prior to embarkation, and assuming you had to already fly in from elsewhere (such as the U.S.) what happens if you feel great but test positive?  Now you are stuck at a foreign port - what do you do?  In other words, the one-day advance requirement only works for local travelers that can just "stay home" if they test positive.  Is there really a large number of cruisers that are gladly enduring such hassles?  Or am i missing another simpler solution?  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Coral said:

Thank you!

have they given you numbers of passengers on the next few cruises? I am embarking on 4/2.

I asked, and was told between 2000-2100 passengers for the 4/2 and 4/9 7-day cruises.  Current TA cruise (3/12-3/26), about 2000 passengers.  900 will be staying for the next cruise, and about 1,100 will be getting on at Barcelona.