Verifly?

Jksteach63

We received the below email from HAL three days before our March 6 cruise. We did use Verifly and there was a separate line that did go faster than the line for guests who did not use Verifly. I will say that there wasn't a huge difference in time for guests without Verifly, BUT, we were at the terminal early, around 11am, for our noon boarding time, and our cruise had about 1500 passengers, so not a full sailing. I would think going forward, Verifly will be a great time saver. Plus you don't have to get all of your documents. 

March 3, 2022

Dear Valued Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you on board Nieuw Amsterdam for your upcoming cruise (voyage J221).

We’re excited to pilot a program on select sailings, including your voyage, using VeriFLY, a new tool to help speed your check-in process at the terminal. VeriFLY is a secure, free, digital health “wallet” application that helps vaccinated guests easily and securely submit their negative COVID-19 test results, vaccination records, and required pre-cruise health survey. Completing these tasks before you arrive at the port will make your embarkation a faster and more seamless experience.

How to Use VeriFLY
Visit our website for information or follow these steps to get ready for embarkation: 

1.      Download the VeriFLY app at
Apple App Store
Google Play

2.      Create Your Account
Enter your first and last names as they appear on your booking
Provide your email address
Take and upload a picture of your face

3.      Add Holland America Line to Your Trip
Tap the search icon and look for Holland America Line

Add us to your trip
Provide the six-character booking number and the corresponding last name for each booking you want to manage

4.      Upload and Answer
Upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Upload negative COVID-19 test results by 11:59 PM the night before embarkation
Complete health assessment within 72 hours before sailing after submitting proof of COVID-19 vaccination and COVID-19 test results
Once all tasks are completed and required documents are approved you will see “ready to sail” or “checklist complete” and you’re ready for expedited check-in at the terminal!

As a reminder, if you completed the VeiFLY process you must have your VeriFLY pass with you and look for the VeriFLY signs upon entering the terminal at your scheduled check-in time (found on your Holland America boarding pass). We will have a special expedited path for you to follow. Please note that all guests in your party must have completed the VeriFLY process to use this line.

All guests, including those that have completed the VeriFLY process, must bring their travel documents, original proof of vaccination, and physical or digital copy of COVID-19 test results to cruise check-in.

Please note that you must still complete the mandatory items on the Navigator app or  Online Check-In, such as the the Cruise Contract, COVID-19 Risk Acceptance, and COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation in order to obtain your boarding pass. If you do not complete the VeriFLY process, you must also complete the Health Questionnaire at least 24 hours in advance of embarkation.

Thank you so much for choosing us for your cruise vacation, and we can’t wait to see you.

Warm Regards,

Holland America Line

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, lstrong said:

I don’t understand the point if we still have to bring original documents. 

You probably won’t need them, but if something goes wrong you would want to have them. 

52 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

I tried to input the time of my covid test I did today for my cruise on Sunday & the only choice s I had were "cancel' & "clear" - it wouldn't accept time, everything else yes

I was able to complete mine this morning after my tele-proctored covid test for my sailing on Sunday. I'm not able to go back and check the steps I took because I'm cleared but I definitely remember being able to enter the time as it was a scroll. 

It's tough to troubleshoot but it seems like there were two different ways to enter the covid testing info. Did you try the second way? That piece was quirky for sure on the app.  

8 minutes ago, ImGoingFirst said:

I was able to complete mine this morning after my tele-proctored covid test for my sailing on Sunday. I'm not able to go back and check the steps I took because I'm cleared but I definitely remember being able to enter the time as it was a scroll. 

It's tough to troubleshoot but it seems like there were two different ways to enter the covid testing info. Did you try the second way? That piece was quirky for sure on the app.  

Thanks, I'll look into it further. I will bring all my paperwork with me also. 

9 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Thanks, I'll look into it further. I will bring all my paperwork with me also. 

I always bring backup paperwork for almost everything as things do go wrong.  I guess its my security blanket!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

So basically, it’s the same as the ArriveCAN app but used for airlines and cruise lines  instead of for a specific country.

major difference is it is not required or mandated and is operated by a private company.  I prefer to keep my personal data out of the hands of private companies unless absolutely necessary.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, talavera_7 said:

I’m sailing tomorrow on the Kdam. Just completed Verifly vac and negative test. Does this mean that we don’t need to carry those documents?

If the San Diego cruise port is using it there will be a separate express line. If not, you can use the Navigator completed app info and proof of Negative test.

51 minutes ago, talavera_7 said:

I’m sailing tomorrow on the Kdam. Just completed Verifly vac and negative test. Does this mean that we don’t need to carry those documents?

You still need to have the paper vax card per this info in the email I got about VeriFLY:

"All guests, including those that have completed the VeriFLY process, must bring their travel documents, original proof of vaccination, and physical or digital copy of COVID-19 test results to cruise check-in."

5 hours ago, victory2020 said:

This is what I keep getting. It won't let me in

Screenshot_20220319-084132_VeriFLY.jpg

That's odd. The timing part on mine did not look like this at all. It was a scroll. I suppose you could try deleting and reinstalling the app but at this point maybe just take all your paper documents and go into the regular line. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ImGoingFirst said:

That's odd. The timing part on mine did not look like this at all. It was a scroll. I suppose you could try deleting and reinstalling the app but at this point maybe just take all your paper documents and go into the regular line. 

I reinstalled & got the same thing again. I give up!

I'm all signed up but I'm still taking my originals and copies of originals.    I could just see myself losing my phone and be SOL.  

I lost my wallet and fanny pack (when wearing fanny packs was cool) and I didn't have any copies of my DL, credit cards or passport.    Lesson learned the hard way.