Condition of Caribbean Princess

sunsetme

Here's are a couple of reporte from people who recently were on the Caribbean Princess that might be helpful.     We're looking forward to being on her this June.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2836580-caribbean-princess-feb-27-march-6th-review/#comment-62791874

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2819800-debrief-caribbean-princess-eastern-caribbean-1212-12192021/#comment-62325967

• Thanks 1

My son and I sailed on her 27 Feb - 6 Mar in a mini suite and had no problems with anything.  Everything worked like new and everything in the cabin was clean and really did not even look worn.  In fact, I think the sofa was new, mattresses were comfortable, refrigerator kept our drinks cold which is better than I have had on other ships pre-covid.  There was some rust on the lower metal of the balcony but the salt air is very hard on things and that is to be expected on an older ship.  The rest of the balcony was great, floor was smooth material that looked like wood (no plastic grid like they use to have) and the furniture out there was in great condition.  It was our third time sailing on her over the years and I wouldn't hesitate to book another cruise on her today.

The ship is leaving the Caribbean area this weekend and heading to Vancouver.  From there it will sail to Portland.  While on her we were told there will be engine work and new carpeting.  We were on for 9 weeks and for the last half of that one of the aft elevators going up to deck 18 was not working.  No clocks on the open areas of deck 15 were working for the whole 9 weeks.   

We were on her for 2 weeks in January. I was impressed with how nice the entire ship looked compared to her sad condition in 2018 when we were last on her. Thought that they had used Covid down time to spiffy her up. Even the carpet in our MS was clean.

• Like 1