Make my own coffee?

cruiser3775

3 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

So if I buy a small collapsible silicone kettle, will I be allowed to take it on board, or would it be confiscated?   And, related question, will the power outlets in the cabin take Australian 2 or 3 pin plugs?

The power outlets will not take our plugs. Take a US adaptor, or if you are going to travel a bit, buy a kit that has US, European and Asian adapters.

There's no need to shout at me Wintrev. I'm a first time cruiser, so I don't have your superior knowledge.

There's so much to learn about cruising. I'm finding the articles on cruise critic, plus the boards are very useful.

I don't want to do the wrong thing, but I am surprised that people are saying that they bring small collapsible kettles on board if they are prohibited for whatever reason.  How come they aren't confiscated? 

I think I can rule that out for me anyway, because if I bought one in Australia, it would be 230 v, not 110.

On 3/31/2022 at 12:18 PM, cruiser3775 said:

So if I buy a small collapsible silicone kettle, will I be allowed to take it on board, or would it be confiscated?   And, related question, will the power outlets in the cabin take Australian 2 or 3 pin plugs?

A couple of Princess ships have universal outlets not sure about yours, pick up an adapter, about $10 officeworks, some coles and Woolworths, online, Strandbags, Aldi have a power board from time to time that comes with three different adapters, gives you two Aussie PowerPoints and I think it’s 4(might be 2) USB chargers.

Cruiser3775

Sorry if you think I was shouting at you.
A possible visit to the naughty room to explain why you packed a prohibited item would certainly add to your cruise experience.

If you want a straight and correct answer then contact Princess directly via email. If they say you can do it print that information out and take it with you.

I too have learnt much on these boards but we have tried several times to get a kettle on our cruises and been told no so I am only sharing what has happened to us.

Our friends even got into trouble when they brought a heating pad on and it blew the fuses to the cabins near them.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

10 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

but I am surprised that people are saying that they bring small collapsible kettles on board if they are prohibited for whatever reason.

This should not be surprising, people will always do what is in their best interest, regardless of what is allowed.  They are not being confiscated in many cases, because the person who would see them, the cabin steward, relies on a Daily Service Charge from each passenger to make up the bulk of their salary, so they will not do anything that would irritate the passenger and result in that DSC being removed by the passenger, even if it violates a safety policy.  And, the baggage screeners are even less qualified than airport security, and also screening thousands of bags in a few hours, so they can miss things.

I earlier posted that my last cruise ordering a kettle was available through the app. I'm currently on Enchanted Princess and the kettle is NOT on the list of stateroom amenities 😒

On 3/29/2022 at 6:20 PM, CDaze71 said:

With PrincessPlus (drinks package and coffees included), can we order a coffee in the morning to be delivered to the cabin (free of charge), without doing room service breakfast?
For eg. We decide the night before that we won't order room service breakfast. But in the morning we feel like a coffee before heading to the restaurant for breaky. Instead of walking to the cafe or Horizon's, can we order an included coffee to come to the cabin? Thanks.

Without getting into this debate further--just one point:  You don't need PrincessPlus to get room service, coffee or full breakfast.  Being a paid passenger does it.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 2:52 PM, Izzywiz said:

A picture paints a thousand words……the hostess tray that was in our cabin on Regal Princess last September sailing from Southampton. Absolutely love having this option and bring our favourite coffee and tea brands with us.

B1628118-3499-4A61-89ED-241186CC8239.jpeg

A811400B-A243-4A8E-B167-3FB2AF8D640F.jpeg

Don't want to start more trouble but what is the old school can opener for . Have not seen one of them since my grandpa's tackle box. Is that yours or from the cruise line.

16 minutes ago, dolittle said:

Don't want to start more trouble but what is the old school can opener for . Have not seen one of them since my grandpa's tackle box. Is that yours or from the cruise line.

a couple of beers in the fridge are/were Dos XXX bottles .. also nice to have if you bring back an unopened bottle of beer from a bar.   I guess the "pointy side' would come in handy if you want to shoot a canned beer 😉