Formal nights

smj777

Good luck on that one. I can't find the number for my cruise going 1st April!  Whoever designed the MyP&O app has clearly never been on a cruise. I click on buttons to book entertainment and when I finally get the right page it tells that there is no need to book entertainment - despite an email from P&O telling me booking is now open.

It used to be on the day by day itinerary section.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

They do not show some of this info any more prior to boarding. Am on Ventura now and only info is in daily Horizon programme. Not a problem for me.

So they are not putting a 'Cruise Overview' into the cabins at the beginning showing cruise highlights and when the Formal nights are any more then...?

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

So they are not putting a 'Cruise Overview' into the cabins at the beginning showing cruise highlights and when the Formal nights are any more then...?

No. Cutting down on paper as much as possible.

• Thanks 1

Once on board go straight to reception and ask they have the details there and told me all my fortnights on Iona , so I was one step ahead of everyone else being a b2b and booked the chef’s table straight away (Iona) , but reception will tell you 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

No. Cutting down on paper as much as possible.

I understand why they do that, but I heard once that the Beauty Salon was super busy on formal days, so surely people need to be able to plan ahead! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

That's a shame. I found that really useful.

Me too. Would be better if they cut down on all the invites/special offers that are left outside the door during the cruise. Those go straight in the bin! 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

Good luck on that one. I can't find the number for my cruise going 1st April!  Whoever designed the MyP&O app has clearly never been on a cruise. I click on buttons to book entertainment and when I finally get the right page it tells that there is no need to book entertainment - despite an email from P&O telling me booking is now open.

It used to be on the day by day itinerary section.

We had 2 formal nights on our 14 night Iona cruise we disembarked yesterday.

There were 3400 passengers on board out of a capacity of 5200 passengers.

Masks were compulsory for everyone while walking around and in the theatre.

The captain made an announcement over the tannoy 1 night reminding everyone had to wear masks with no medical exceptions.

Social distancing cards were put on seats in the theatre

The cabins from the aft elevator to the midship elevator on decks 10,11,12 and 14 were blocked off by closed fire doors and those cabins were quarantine cabins.

The My Holiday help desk person kindly put the app on my phone screen and it was easy to book restaurants and entertainment on board.

Reservations were checked on entry to the theatre.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/20/2022 at 4:08 PM, Billish said:

You can narrow down the options.

They won't be first or last nights, and will usually be on sea days. 

Oh, and Iona only has one per week, two per week on other ships.

I was wondering about a 12-night as well.  And this helps - thanks. 🙂

As for the app - is it on the Apple app store to download? I tried looking the other day but couldn't find it.

Also for which nights are formal once on board - on Britannia, on one of the info pages on the room TV, it usually has the dress code for the week (alongside the buffet theme for each day). I don’t know if other ships have the same…

Edited by Stevo2022

We sail at the end of April and I have just checked our My P&O and the details of the evening's dress codes state that we have two formal nights black tie nights during our week aboard. It's been updated during the day as they weren't there earlier on!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just checked our booked cruises for this year.

Britannia 7 nights - 2 black tie

Britannia 3 nights - 1 black tie

Iona 7 nights - 0 black tie

Britannia 14 nights - 3 black tie

Iona 14 nights - 1 black tie.

Quite a mix up, will keep an eye on them closer to sailing for any changes.

• Thanks 1