How long does it take onboard credit to post for NCLH stockholders?

About 2 weeks ago I sent 2 emails for separate cruises. Both emails contained the proper form and brokerage statement per the instructions. For any recent cruisers, are they currently behind? How long did it take for you? I assume it will show up in my NCL.com itinerary as an onboard credit? Thanks.

Not the first time this has been asked.  Takes anywhere from 24 hours to never without additional intervention.  I sent in 2 at the same time a few months ago - got 1 back the next day.  2 additional requests plus intervention of my PCC to get the 2nd one.  Both cruises to Mexico but different ships & dates so I can only assume they didn't read the request far enough to notice.

13 hours ago, shof515 said:

i took about 4 weeks for me and multiple submissions to get it to post

Same here. It used to be a rapid process. I have three B2B weeks of cruising coming up and submitted forms for all three. They only applied the OBC to two so I just emailed again for the third week.

3 hours ago, travispete said:

Did it show up as just $100 OBC or was it posted as two $50 credits?

2 hours ago, worktocruise610 said:

Showed up as 2 $50 credits, one for me, one for my husband. I guess because we have a joint account 

Not because of a joint account. My wife owns NCL stock in her own individual account, but her shareholder OBC has always shown up divided between the two of us.

Edited by Turtles06

On 3/20/2022 at 12:38 PM, smashedpumpkins said:

About 2 weeks ago I sent 2 emails for separate cruises. Both emails contained the proper form and brokerage statement per the instructions. For any recent cruisers, are they currently behind? How long did it take for you? I assume it will show up in my NCL.com itinerary as an onboard credit? Thanks.

24 hours

I have a related issue.  I contacted Shareholder Benefits and they gave me a $250 OBC.  They sent me an amenity invoice that shows the $250 (2x $100 + 1x $50) for a 15-day cruise.

However, my NCL account only shows $150 OBC.  So, I went back to Shareholder and they re-confirmed the $250 and sent another amenity invoice.  This was 10 days ago and my account is still not updated.  Is this something I should keep pursuing (and with what department) or should I just resolve this onboard?

27 minutes ago, chingnael said:

I have a related issue.  I contacted Shareholder Benefits and they gave me a $250 OBC.  They sent me an amenity invoice that shows the $250 (2x $100 + 1x $50) for a 15-day cruise.

However, my NCL account only shows $150 OBC.  So, I went back to Shareholder and they re-confirmed the $250 and sent another amenity invoice.  This was 10 days ago and my account is still not updated.  Is this something I should keep pursuing (and with what department) or should I just resolve this onboard?

In the past when I have had multiple sources of OBC they did not all show in my account.  If it's on your amenity invoice, I wouldn't worry - just take a copy with you.

It's like they only have a certain number of lines to display amenities.

Edited by julig22

Question - can you get the shareholder benefit with the 35% discounted rates or other discounts? I see "Benefit is not combinable with any other offer. Shareholders have the option to choose between the shareholder benefit or the other offer" and I definitely don't want to give up the 35% off for $100. 

1 hour ago, DeSaxMan13 said:

Question - can you get the shareholder benefit with the 35% discounted rates or other discounts? I see "Benefit is not combinable with any other offer. Shareholders have the option to choose between the shareholder benefit or the other offer" and I definitely don't want to give up the 35% off for $100. 

Question often comes up.  Yes, you get your obc. The "other offers" are things like employee discounts.

Unless of course it's changing - seems like that's different wording....

Mine took about a week once I finally got it accepted.  I had just made the purchase and didn't have a monthly fidelity statement yet so I'd tried to send them a holdings printout from the web...it wasn't accepted.  Then I sent them a statement of the actual purchase (that had my name/date on it and looked much more official) and it was accepted.  Saw my credit ($50 each for me and wife) on my booking about a week later.

On 3/20/2022 at 3:28 PM, deweytrader said:

Sent email 3/13/22 for a 5/1/2022 cruise recd confirmation 3/20/2022 OBC has been applied.  It is now listed under my cruise summary online.  If it has been two weeks I would resend email.

I've been having trouble viewing my onboard credit on the NCL website, or on their APP. I've had to call them to get them to email me confirmation, and when doing so they confirmed to me onboard credit does not show up on our end of their website. I'm curious how you manage to see it. Where do you see it?

1 hour ago, roomba920 said:

I've been having trouble viewing my onboard credit on the NCL website, or on their APP. I've had to call them to get them to email me confirmation, and when doing so they confirmed to me onboard credit does not show up on our end of their website. I'm curious how you manage to see it. Where do you see it?

Two places:

Onboard Spending Money: 

$100.00

Vacation Add-ons

Included Items (6)

• Free $50 USD On-Board Credit Certificate Non -Refundable
    Free $50 USD On-Board Credit Certificate Non -Refundable
    Free $50 USD On-Board Credit Certificate Non -Refundable
    QTY:
    GUESTS: