Vista or Vista Gty-Silver Moon

texanaust

Stateroom 417 is available and appears to be huge.  Do I take that or go for a guarantee and possibly get a Veranda?  Are there any negatives to 417 besides it being near the launderette?  I have not been on any of the newer ships, so I have no idea what to expect.  Last SS cruise was almost 20 years ago!

Never take a guarantee unless you are happy to settle for the very worst cabin within the lowest category of the guarantee.

You are thinking maybe a verandah - well, OK, maybe, given how few vista suites there are, it's not a ridiculous hope. But it'd be a cabin no-one who was paying for a verandah wanted, and then you could also get the most forward vista cabin with the most anchor noise and ocean motion, like 405.

Your choice. Depends how much you like to gamble.

PS 417 is a disabled suite.

Edited by jollyjones
  • Thanks 1

Dana.....booked vista gty.....ended up in higher veranda on 8.   Of course, 200+ passengers on Moon helps.  Suite assigned shortly after booking.   It's like sailing with a different company than your last experience.

14 hours ago, saminina said:

Dana.....booked vista gty.....ended up in higher veranda on 8.   Of course, 200+ passengers on Moon helps.  Suite assigned shortly after booking.   It's like sailing with a different company than your last experience.

The chance of an upgrade seems pretty high on this itinerary which is why I am leaning towards the GTY. 

Okay I'll bite...Where have we met? Your CC handle is not familiar.  I am going to take a wild guess and say you've been to every Chart House restaurant in the world.  

For us, we prefer to know what we are getting—-after all it’s time away from home and we really want  to the suite we get is the suite we want.  Look at your budgets and go with the best within that budget.  Why would anyone gamble - then be unhappy for that many days away from home.

I always book a guarantee if it’s available. You’re guaranteed a vista suite which there’s usually five or six of. I’ve always gotten a veranda and in the middle of the ship usually. I love the guarantee if I can get it

• Like 1

Given the very low numbers of Vista suites available, you are virtually guaranteed not to be in one.

I have taken this route for bookings for March and April 23 and Jan 24 and already assigned a veranda and was done a couple of weeks after I'd booked. That's not the norm I'd admit and just been fortunate.

417 won't suffer from being next to the launderette but is as you say bigger. You will of course be moved should there be a disabled guest needing it.

Whichever you go for will be a gamble (unless of course you do need a disabled suite) but Iknow which I'd choose.

Edited by les37b

1 hour ago, TheRampantSnail said:

I don't think booking a Vista guarantee is too much of a gamble. The worst situation is that you get a Vista suite. In my experience, two cruises on the Muse and one on the Moon for later this year have all resulted in Vista guarantee being upgraded to balcony.

For the Muse, Moon, and Dawn, I agree.

The Shadow, Whisper, and Spirit have many more Vistas available, and therefore you stand less of a chance for an upgrade.

On 3/24/2022 at 3:02 AM, saminina said:

Booked Vista GTY for August Muse cruise.  Upgraded to Veranda on deck 6 a few days ago.

Did you book directly with Silversea or with a TA? Wondering if that impacts how soon your guaranty suite is assigned.

• 4 months later...