Covid Testing Q & A: Locations, Requirements etc.

marazul

15 hours ago, steamboats said:

A German cruise line announced in their daily yesterday that now free shore tours in Italy are allowed. Their first stop in Italy is on March 26th.

steamboats

Yes I am going on a cruise which visits three Italian ports commencing with Livorno on 4th April. The cruise line (P&O) have in the last two days changed their advice to say you can now go ashore without having to be on one of their excursions.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steamboats said:

And now we have a confirmed port stop with individual shore tours. MS Artania was in Cagliari yesterday and the passengers were allowed onshore on their own.

steamboats

Thanks so much for your post!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, steamboats said:

And now we have a confirmed port stop with individual shore tours. MS Artania was in Cagliari yesterday and the passengers were allowed onshore on their own.

steamboats

Thank you so much, that turned my pretty dark week into bright light. 🙏

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 2:35 AM, steamboats said:

steamboats

THANK YOU!

sorry for the shouting!

• Like 1

AIDA and TUI Cruises now have individual shore tours in Italy starting today and tomorrow.

I saw that both Costa and MSC announced individual shore tours in Italy starting April 1st. But I haven´t read so far whether they start out earlier too.

steamboats

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 4:33 PM, yogini06 said:

If you are more than 270 days from your initial series then you could be required to have a booster in Europe as per Royal Caribbean.

We do anticipate that vaccination and testing requirements will remain in place, and we strongly encourage guests receive a booster shot when eligible. There could be a strong possibility for these sailings that guests will need a booster to enter select countries on their itinerary.

I hope not.  I really don't want the booster.  So that is why I am waiting.  My husband and daughter are within the 270 days.  Royal says they will be sending a letter out 30 days prior, so I will figure it out in May if it is required.

MSC and P&O websites are now saying passengers can go ashore independently from 1st April 2022.

I've not seen any official announcement from Italian authorities or cruise press yet. I'm hoping this is the case though as we're on an NCL Italian cruise 17th April. 

Edited by TheGinBoy

19 hours ago, cruisemom67 said:

I hope not.  I really don't want the booster.  So that is why I am waiting.  My husband and daughter are within the 270 days.  Royal says they will be sending a letter out 30 days prior, so I will figure it out in May if it is required.

RCI just sent out an email to those on the Voyager April 15th. If you are not boostered and out of the 270 days you have to have another test onboard mid cruise. All need an antigen test for boarding not older than 1day.

steamboats

8 hours ago, steamboats said:

RCI just sent out an email to those on the Voyager April 15th. If you are not boostered and out of the 270 days you have to have another test onboard mid cruise. All need an antigen test for boarding not older than 1day.

steamboats

Celebrity not requiring the booster but charging for additional tests on transatlantic cruises.  Some itineraries require up to 6 tests:

Guests who are either more than 9 months (270 days) from their final vaccine dose OR have not been boosted will be subject to additional testing onboard at their expense. These tests will cost $42 per person, per test.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/transatlantic-travel-requirements.pdf

Edited by yogini06
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 3:39 PM, TheGinBoy said:

I've just called NCL, and they've said they've not changed their requirement to use a ship's shore excursion at this time.

Hello, I’m on the same cruise the week after and on the roll call board posters are under the impression all restrictions have been lifted as all mention has been removed from the web page . I contacted NCL on chat who were somewhat useless telling me to check with my embassy? £90 a person seems a bit steep for a coach transfer to Rome.

Hope you have a great time.

We will be travelling to Italy on a cruise ship, arriving on the 22nd April. We have both had 3 vaccinations, the last, the booster within the 270 day deadline.Will we have to complete a PLF and if so,  within how many days of arrival on the 22nd will this be required.  

1 hour ago, Mostonian said:

We will be travelling to Italy on a cruise ship, arriving on the 22nd April. We have both had 3 vaccinations, the last, the booster within the 270 day deadline.Will we have to complete a PLF and if so,  within how many days of arrival on the 22nd will this be required.  

Yes PLF still required, you can fill it in now if you want, but will need to do it before you travel to italy.

EU Digital Passenger Locator Form (dPLF) (euplf.eu)

On 3/22/2022 at 12:32 PM, marazul said:

Perhaps you can copy my post to the link for the decree and some of EuroCruiser's similar posts to this thread and this could be the start of the info.

Ciao Marazul,

I'll go ahead and place a few of them in here.

I think testing will continue for the foreseeable future so the info exchange might be as important as getting to/from Civi-Rome, and other regular types of info we exchange here.

If anyone discovers a resource or info to share, please post. Imagine options may develop as it becomes more routine, pace of travel continues to increase 🙂 🍷🍝

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the posts about testing at the Rome Airport. Just filled out the form and received an email back confirming our request for the antigen tests on the morning of our flight back to the US. So grateful for everyone’s help.

Joanmarie

Arriving 4 days prior go cruise in Rome. Two questions 

1. MSC requires RT-PCR or antigen test prior to embarking. Prefer the antigen- any recommendations on where to get one with electronic results printed in English?

3. PLF need one for arrival by plane to Rome and one for cruise so I need to do one for each mode of transportation? Can my husband and I be on one or so we each one? 

On 4/8/2022 at 8:07 PM, andymattmom said:

Arriving 4 days prior go cruise in Rome. Two questions 

1. MSC requires RT-PCR or antigen test prior to embarking. Prefer the antigen- any recommendations on where to get one with electronic results printed in English?

3. PLF need one for arrival by plane to Rome and one for cruise so I need to do one for each mode of transportation? Can my husband and I be on one or so we each one? 

I am booking ours at First Med, fairly close to the Termini train station in Rome. Their rapid antigen tests are 15 euros, and you can email them to book it ahead of time. They give results in English.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, OregonGal56 said:

I am booking ours at First Med, fairly close to the Termini train station in Rome. Their rapid antigen tests are 15 euros, and you can email them to book it ahead of time. They give results in English.

Thank you so much! 

How to generate a QR code of your US vax and test records:

Users of any Epic's MyChart variation may be able to generate QR codes of their vaccine and test results.  They can be uploaded to the MyChart mobile app, website, health wallet, airline website, etc., or printed. 

I just got this message from my provider.  Since so many people have a version of MyChart, you should check yours to see if this feature has been implemented. 

Here is a youtube video explaining how to do it:

Note:  I had posted this as a separate topic, but more people might see it here.