Carnival Hub

Donh44

I have downloaded the Carnival Hub as required to be done prior to boarding the ship.  Do I have to download anything else after boarding?  How do I get all of the information regarding happenings, dining, shows, excursions, etc.?

On 3/22/2022 at 9:20 AM, Donh44 said:

I have downloaded the Carnival Hub as required to be done prior to boarding the ship.  Do I have to download anything else after boarding?  How do I get all of the information regarding happenings, dining, shows, excursions, etc.?

There is a QR code to scan in your cabin that lists available VIFP perks and how to get them. Hub app is helpful for planning with menus listed and checking in for Seaday Brunch and dining other than MDR assigned dining. I don't pay enough attention to it for planning daily activities. You may find an abbreviated paper FunTimes at Guest Services or the coffee shop.

As mentioned, there are QR code everywhere to scan. Make sure you have a QR code scanner app and know how to use it. One newer phones, it may be one of the existing camera settings/options. My wife's phone (a little old, I admit) did not have a QR code reader and we were not able to download one once on the cruise. 

3 hours ago, Luke gs Daddy said:

If I do not want to carry my phone around all the time, do they still provide menus and the fun times?

Being on vacation I do not even want to see my phone at all untill I get off the ship.

Sailing on the Horizon in 3 days!

Thanks.

On Legend 2/20 the menus at the bars had reappeared, they were absent in November. I did see some hardcopy menus being used in the MDR. I've heard that paper FunTimes are available but didn't see any (but I wasn't looking for them, either). 

For those who do not use a smart phone around the ship:

MDR does have hard copies of their menus.  Word is that on some ships they are more reluctant to pass those out, but on my cruise the servers offered them as we sat down.

Paper Fun Times are available around the Guest Services desk.

The venues which charge for drinks and food items have a menu with prices displayed on an overhead board or on a sheet of paper in one of those acrylic table stands (or both).  At least, I didn't come across a location without one.

You don't have to use the HUB app for meal times.  You can walk up to the Maitre d' station and put your name in for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or YTD dinner, and wait around for them to call your party. 

You can visit the specialty restaurants or spa area and make reservations.

Excursion desk has hours in which you can go talk to them about, well, excursions.

While Carnival might (I am guessing) prefer that you use the HUB app, you can function just fine without it.

I just realized this may be a hijack of OP's original query, so, to the OP:

The posters who did answer to your question, I agree with them.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 5:28 PM, jym613 said:

I have the Carnival Hub. It has always had my booking on it but this time it has my last cruise listed. I can’t get my cruise that is booked for next month. Any suggestions?

Use Log out function.... Then reopen. You should be able to add new booking #

On 3/22/2022 at 11:29 AM, cruisemom2 said:

Once onboard, put your phone in airplane mode, connect to the ship's WiFi then the Hub app will be ready to use.  All the info you need will be in the app.

If I want to msg the other people that are cruising with me will I have to have an internet package or will I be able to do it automatically?

My son and daughter in law are cruising with me but we wont be hanging out the whole time. I want to be able to msg them when its time for dinner, shows, tell them where I am, etc.

20 minutes ago, sthrnbll said:

If I want to msg the other people that are cruising with me will I have to have an internet package or will I be able to do it automatically?

My son and daughter in law are cruising with me but we wont be hanging out the whole time. I want to be able to msg them when its time for dinner, shows, tell them where I am, etc.

They have a "Chat" option to send messages for $5 do not have to have internet package

On 3/24/2022 at 3:59 AM, Luke gs Daddy said:

If I do not want to carry my phone around all the time, do they still provide menus and the fun times?

Being on vacation I do not even want to see my phone at all untill I get off the ship.

Sailing on the Horizon in 3 days!

Thanks.

I know that some don't like to take their phones with them.  As others have said you can see a paper menu and they have a single page (back and front) abbreviated addition of the fun times.  One thing to keep in mind about the HUB app is that you can view the entire week's menu as soon as you board.  You can also see the events for every day instead of a day at a time. The app also makes checking in for YTD very simple.

On 3/22/2022 at 8:20 AM, Donh44 said:

You also need to download a QR code scanner app, if one is not already on your phone. The room service menu is on a QR code, on the wall under a shelf, you have to be a contortionist to get to it. You cannot get a paper menu from Guest Services. Other info was also by QR code. I guess it varies by ship but on the Breeze the Hub would often quit in the middle of trying to get info, pretty frustrating.