MOVE UP QUESTION

mikewomb

I ask this question before, and did not get answers. Trying Again. I put in a move up offer for an Alaska cruise. The one for the celebrity suite shows pending. I have tried for several weeks to put one in for a Royal suite, and get this strange message.

We are unable to process your request at this time. If you've only recently made your reservation, please try back again in 24 hours.

I continue to get this message. Checked with my TA and he says there are 3 RS available. Called Celebrity and they got the same message, and have emailed the move up people 4 times with no response.

any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

In the upper right had corner of your browser should be 3 vertical dots. Right click and you should get a drop down menu that should have it listed (some browsers call it InPrivate or similar). Click that and try again. It may not work, but it's worth a try. Good luck.

2 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

In the upper right had corner of your browser should be 3 vertical dots. Right click and you should get a drop down menu that should have it listed (some browsers call it InPrivate or similar). Click that and try again. It may not work, but it's worth a try. Good luck.

I tried it in that mode, and got the same crazy message  I use a Mac, and I just go to file, and then New Private Window. 

Edited by mikewomb

You might clear your history and also your cache. To do the cache you have to add  Develop  to safari , then go to clear cache. Just don't play around with any of the other options on Develop- there is a reason why it is usually hidden. To add :

Pull down the “Safari” menu and choose “Preferences”

Click on the “Advanced” tab.

Check the box next to “Show Develop menu in menu bar”

Close Preferences, the Develop menu will now be visible between Bookmarks and Window menus.

Can you identify how you are checking your current CS bid?

I've found that normally the only way you can modify of cancel is to go in using the ORIGINAL RECEIPT  of the bid (not the original invitation to bid).    From that you should also see a button at the bottom for additional rooms available. to bid.

If that fails e-mail CelebrityMoveUp@Celebrity.com  and they will be able to help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a bid in for a Royal Suite but decided to place a bid for a Celebrity suite also.  I couldn't do it so I cancelled the Royal Suite bid and went to the celebrity move up website and submitted new bids on both categories.

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Can you identify how you are checking your current CS bid?

I've found that normally the only way you can modify of cancel is to go in using the ORIGINAL RECEIPT  of the bid (not the original invitation to bid).    From that you should also see a button at the bottom for additional rooms available. to bid.

If that fails e-mail CelebrityMoveUp@Celebrity.com  and they will be able to help.

I can see it in my cruise planner...I guess that is what you call it...also I have emailed the moveup people and there has been no response. 

37 minutes ago, mikewomb said:

WHEW...After being bounced around with 4 different reps I was told you couldn't make additional move up offers. They have to be done all at once.

That seems like incorrect information to me.

wrong.. see my post above

13 minutes ago, as3369 said:

wrong.. see my post above

I never get a good answer from them. Honestly I am afraid to cancel the CS and resubmit them both together because as weird as their website is, I might not being able to do either move up. I would be happy with the CS…just want to spread my options. 

17 minutes ago, DeltaJoe15 said:

It's not that you didnt get a good answer.  You got an answer you didnt want to here

That's not necessarily true. I have often called and a rep insists that what I know to be true is incorrect. I call back and another rep gives different info. I know I'm not alone in this.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, DeltaJoe15 said:

It's not that you didnt get a good answer.  You got an answer you didnt want to here

Excuse me…I didn’t get a correct answer from what I had been informed about making offers. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/22/2022 at 10:05 AM, mikewomb said:

I ask this question before, and did not get answers. Trying Again. I put in a move up offer for an Alaska cruise. The one for the celebrity suite shows pending. I have tried for several weeks to put one in for a Royal suite, and get this strange message.

We are unable to process your request at this time. If you've only recently made your reservation, please try back again in 24 hours.

I continue to get this message. Checked with my TA and he says there are 3 RS available. Called Celebrity and they got the same message, and have emailed the move up people 4 times with no response.

any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi how did this turn out for you? I’m having the same issue

On 3/22/2022 at 10:00 AM, as3369 said:

I had a bid in for a Royal Suite but decided to place a bid for a Celebrity suite also.  I couldn't do it so I cancelled the Royal Suite bid and went to the celebrity move up website and submitted new bids on both categories.

Did you get your move up

6 hours ago, Caroldoll said:

I am not understanding how to get a move up.  I have a real reason that Must get a move up to any suite higher than a Sky Suite.  What is the best way.  I will pay anything.

In that case just call them and pay for an upgrade.  Even if you get a chance to do a Move Up bid the chances of being successful for a suite are pretty slim.  If you need a suite just book a suite.