Constellation refurbishment?

Heyref

There has been no information on when the revolutionizing of the ships will restart.  I doubt it will be soon.  With  lots of debt and funding the building of the Beyond and Ascent I think the revolutionizing is on a back burner.

We just got off the Connie last Friday and she is in great shape.  Appeared all of the public spaces, except perhaps the main dining room, had new carpeting and even many with new furniture.  Cabin has not gone thru the refurb but ours was spotless and very few instances of showing any wear.  We were very surprised that a 20 year-old ship looked this good.   

Major replacement of soft goods  during July 21 dry dock and lots of maintenance during the long shutdown left Connie in really great shape for the Nov 21 restart.  We were the first pax to set foot on our new cabin carpet.

I doubt Connie will be done anytime soon.  Like has been said, during the dry dock she was really updated quite a bit and looks really good.  That, combined with the financial issues created by Covid, lead me to believe she will be one of the last revolutionized.  We did 21 days on her in a SS in January.  I actually prefer Michaels to the Retreat Lounge so that was no issue.  Would have been nice to have a Retreat deck, but we found when we sailed in a SS on Apex it was always so crowded in the shady areas that we never were able to use it anyway.  I also, honestly, prefer the older furniture to the new, modern (read that, to me, colder) even if it is not quite as shiny and new.  The mattress was replaced and was very comfy.  My only issue was the bathroom - they could really use a re-do of the shower area as DH is 6'3" and could not even stand up straight in the shower.  

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I doubt Connie will be done anytime soon.  Like has been said, during the dry dock she was really updated quite a bit and looks really good.  That, combined with the financial issues created by Covid, lead me to believe she will be one of the last revolutionized.  We did 21 days on her in a SS in January.  I actually prefer Michaels to the Retreat Lounge so that was no issue.  Would have been nice to have a Retreat deck, but we found when we sailed in a SS on Apex it was always so crowded in the shady areas that we never were able to use it anyway.  I also, honestly, prefer the older furniture to the new, modern (read that, to me, colder) even if it is not quite as shiny and new.  The mattress was replaced and was very comfy.  My only issue was the bathroom - they could really use a re-do of the shower area as DH is 6'3" and could not even stand up straight in the shower.  

Not sure revolutionizing would do much for the height of the shower.  Although there not in a Suite, we were in AQ on the Summit and the bath was the same layout and size.  New wall, fixtures and a glass door on the shower but still tiny.

• 2 weeks later...

We were just on the Connie - disembarked 03/28...

Public spaces have received new carpeting & furnishings.

Our cabin looked the same as we expected from our last cruise on the Connie 5 years ago...

It was fabulously clean & comfortable.

Some cabins have received new bedding, mattresses, etc...

Ours had not - but it did not impact our enjoyment at all!

It was wonderful to be back on the water 🙂 

Enjoy your Cruise!

On 3/24/2022 at 4:41 PM, phoenix_dream said:

My only issue was the bathroom - they could really use a re-do of the shower area as DH is 6'3" and could not even stand up straight in the shower.  

Interesting. Maybe low showers are only in some of the cabins.  My husband is 6'4 and never had a problem in ours.

6 hours ago, lynncarol said:

Interesting. Maybe low showers are only in some of the cabins.  My husband is 6'4 and never had a problem in ours.

Don't stay in B&Bs in Asia and Africa.  Average height for the shower head is well under 6' most places.  In China it was 5' one place.  I simply sat down.

17 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

Suite or nonsuite? The issue was how high the bathtub was, which are only in suites.

I think the OP's issue was lack of height in the shower, not the bathtub. Our cabin had a balcony, but was not a suite.