No Ice Show on Navigator?

On 3/23/2022 at 9:03 PM, cruising twosome said:

Looking at the cruise planner and there is no ice show for Friday’s cruise, only some open ice skating through out the week, anyone know what happened?

Twosome - Welcome back! How was your cruise? Did they have the ice show? We leave this upcoming Friday and the app is not showing the show for our itinerary either😖

2 hours ago, BazingAu said:

@Cdudethe app doesn't show the ice show until you board the ship and you're on their wifi.

Interesting. They have a lot in the app already including times for the other show and comedians. Wonder why they do that🤔

1 hour ago, Cdude said:

Interesting. They have a lot in the app already including times for the other show and comedians. Wonder why they do that🤔

Because there are reservations required.  It appears as soon as you board and you quickly book the day/time you want via the app. I was on Navigator in February and that's how it worked.  It was the same on Symphony a couple of weeks ago for things like the ice shows, aqua theater shows. The reservation system isn't 'live' until you board.  

Edited by rockmom

17 hours ago, rockmom said:

Because there are reservations required.  It appears as soon as you board and you quickly book the day/time you want via the app. I was on Navigator in February and that's how it worked.  It was the same on Symphony a couple of weeks ago for things like the ice shows, aqua theater shows. The reservation system isn't 'live' until you board.  

That’s good to know. Still, I don’t see the point of not giving people the schedule ahead of time so one could plan their dinners and other activities around the show. Making a reservation could still happen once on board but let me know days and times please. What’s the point of preplanning if you don’t have all the info? In any case, I am looking forward to the show. Everyone says it’s amazing.

On 3/24/2022 at 12:03 AM, cruising twosome said:

Looking at the cruise planner and there is no ice show for Friday’s cruise, only some open ice skating through out the week, anyone know what happened?

The ice show does not show up on your planner until you board the ship and hook up to the app.  But yes, there is an Ice Show.  We are going on Explorer Sunday and the Ice Show doesn't show up in my app also. I will make reservations as soon as we board.

• Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 10:03 PM, cruising twosome said:

When I look on the app, very early on boarding day, it shows "Ice Skating Show Reservations" with a time of 10:30.  But it also says you can't book until on board.  I guess the main thing is to remember to do that on your app the second you step on board and get on ship wifi.

4 hours ago, rmurray847 said:

When I look on the app, very early on boarding day, it shows "Ice Skating Show Reservations" with a time of 10:30.  But it also says you can't book until on board.  I guess the main thing is to remember to do that on your app the second you step on board and get on ship wifi.

That's the time you can start booking. The shows are later.

On 3/29/2022 at 7:48 AM, Cdude said:

That’s good to know. Still, I don’t see the point of not giving people the schedule ahead of time so one could plan their dinners and other activities around the show. Making a reservation could still happen once on board but let me know days and times please.

I understand not allowing people to book until you board, because you never know what could potentially happen to a cast member between now and then. (And it's not like they can just replace a world-class figure skater with a random crew member like you might be able to do with other shipboard positions, and unlike a land-based show, they don't have understudies available to call in.) They don't want people to make reservations for a show that may end up unfortunately being canceled.

But I agree with you that it would be helpful to know the general schedule ahead of time so you can plan your entertainment and dining, with the caveat that it is subject to change.

That's why I've been trying to find CC members who are on the exact itinerary (different sail date, however), and see if they can post their entertainment schedule. I know it can change, but at least if I have an idea, I can plan ahead.

• Like 1

It is a technical reason that they dont show the ice show pre cruise.  They load the ice show so it requires a reservation, ( on a lot of ship it is now the only show that requires reservations) the way the software is written there is no way to prevent you from booking pre cruise so they don't load it till the last minute 

Makes perfect sense to me, but then I managed software developers and some changes just don't pass the cost analysis even though they would make it easier and better.

Not a bad app the way it stands, its come a long way from inception, and I learn better ways of using almost every cruise